The Ultimate Battle

5ith Ideal

Who would win, in a hypothetical tournament of one to one combat? Let's say said tournament pits each character against one other from any cosmere book, and it is a battle to the death. 

If a battle results in a tie, both contestants are magically brought back to life and fight again. 

Each contestant has an infinite amount of fuel (i.e., infinite Stormlight, infinite metal). For any Elantrians in the fight, their magic works as if they were standing in Elantris. 

Now, the arena is a near-infinite empty cube, with ground at the bottom. (obviously). 

No Shards Allowed!!! Only cosmere characters! 

Let's hear some thoughts!

The Lord Ruler aka Rashek or another fullborn easily beats anyone else we have seen so far.

Then Szeth if he has nightblood as infinite Stormlight makes it incredibly OP.

After that, probably radiants, either Szeth sans Nightblood, Kaladin or Jasnah of those we have seen, again due to infinite Stormlight.

We don't really know what a full strength trained Elantrian could do, same goes for Hoid so it hard to rank them against awakeners, Mistborn and Feruchemists.

I feel that Vasher would put up a really good fight. 

I don't think he would fight fair and I'm gonna assume he has nightblood for this fight. Being able to fully unsheath nightblood without any risk of damaging yourself would make him dangerous to practically every character in the cosmere.

Hoid

The Lord Ruler-Keliser(They're on the same level, because they are both Fullborn)

Radiants

Elantrians

Awakeners

Full Feruchemists(I'm putting them in front of Mistborn because, due to the question details they would have infinite health and fortune(future sight) )

Mistborns(remember there is no metal around except what they bring with them, what there opponent has and some metal in the ground beneath them also Atium doesn't count because it is technically apart of Ruin, and no shards allowed)

Twinborns

Mistings

Squires

Ferrings

Note: For Mistings, Ferrings, Squires, and Twinborns I don't feel like ranking there different types right now, I might do it later.

Note: Is it possible for squires to ascend into Radiants during the match, because of so their place until goes above Mistings?

Excluding Hoid for obvious reason.

Rashek definitely beats anybody in Cosmere(yes even Kelsier considering that Rashek still has the highest experience and highest allomantic/feruchemical potency)

So a Fullborn that knows compounding and knows to use his/her abilities essentially beats anything cosmere since Rashek is the ultimate fullborn(savant in all allomantic abilities with highest allomantic strength of the entire series also basically thousand years practice of both feruchemy and allomancy which also makes him the best allomancer/feruchemist).

It simply is impossble to beat somebody who has ulimited speed, strength, mental speed and healing. That's just the basic package excluding all the other things that makes a Fullborn extremely dangerous

Edited by goody153

I’d say Kelsier could beat Rashek, considering that he is more clever, and has access to and knowledge of more metals (correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think Rashek knew of all the allomantic metals, did he?)

As to who would win the entire thing... well, I’d say Kelsier or Rashek. Szeth is dangerous with Nightblood, but he did have trouble against some Fused in OB, so I’d say Kell and Rashek can take him. 

Marsh would probably do pretty well too, but not really on the level of Kelsier and TLR. 

You've never really seen Rashek in a serious battle tho and he still has much much potent allomancy/feruchemy than Kelsier will ever get through metalminds and most importantly(afaik Rashek knew about alot of things that he brought to the grave). This is basically a guy who probably uncovered every allomantic/feruchemic secret, savantism on every metal and has a thousand years practice backing him up. If you think about it Rashek's steel pushing is so strong pierces through an allomancers body that alone beats Kelsier in the first moments of combat.

Besides how is Kelsier "more clever" than Rashek when we barely know Rashek and the only things we know about him is the incredibly well-thought out setup of the final empire and basically outwitting Ruin himself and even making plans post-death. 

But Kelsier/Marsh/Rashek are close indeed

Szeth won't get a lucky shot regardless if he has Nightblood against somebody who has unlimited metal speed, unlimited physical speed, pewter and Atium so he's kinda irrelevant. Against other cosmere characters tho he's gonna do well

Edited by goody153

6 hours ago, goody153 said:

basically outwitting Ruin himself and even making plans post-death. 

I wouldn't say he outwitted Ruin at all.

TLR wasn't Preservation's plan as far as I can tell.  He was supposed to rise and fall.  Vin was chosen to take the power before TLR was killed; so it seems safe to assume Preservation was not planning on TLR to retake the well.

TLRs plan seemed to be holding off the inevitable and hoping he came up with a better way to use tWoA in the meantime.

TLR thought he had the best plan against Ruin, but he was really just another cog.  Based on his reaction in SH, he never realized that he was supposed to die, so he never really had a plan to defeat Ruin like Preservation did.

Okay! I don't know why no one seems to count Nightblood as a character. He can talk and everything. He even has a personality.

But there's a wob saying every rational entity in the cosmere is afraid of it. I don't even know if it can be destroyed. And I don't care if it is Rashek or his Grandpa ... Nightblood would kill them all and still be hungry.

Don't under-estimate sword nimi.

DESTROY EVIL!!!

• 2 years later...
On 6/16/2018 at 6:56 AM, NoiseSpren said:

Hoid vs Wit.

Draw

Drifter vs Cephandrius.

Also a draw

Zahel vs Vasher.

Vasher maybe. Zahel seems retired

Nin vs Nale.

Which is more crazy?

Bleeder vs Lessie.

Bleeder

Vin vs Vallete.

Vin

Vivenna vs Azure.

Azure

The STICK  vs Adonalsium.

Draw?

2 hours ago, Brgst13 said:

I think Jasnah could defeat Rashek.  Yes, he is immensely strong, fast, etc.  He is, however, bound only to the Physical Realm.  Jasnah could Elsecall herself to the Cognitive and launch assaults from there.

But she probably would never be able to get past the raw Investiture he has. Investiture resists Investiture and Susebron and Nightblood are probably the only non Shards with more raw Investiture than him. And then on top of that, if there's ever been a Mistborn who's managed to master Aluminum's ability to purify unwanted Investiture it would be him.

4 hours ago, StanLemon said:

But she probably would never be able to get past the raw Investiture he has. Investiture resists Investiture and Susebron and Nightblood are probably the only non Shards with more raw Investiture than him. And then on top of that, if there's ever been a Mistborn who's managed to master Aluminum's ability to purify unwanted Investiture it would be him.

So it would be a standoff, then, Jasnah in Shadesmar safely out of the way, but unable to significantly damage him.

• Chaos locked this topic