Cosmere character theme songs

Ok, so here is a Disney Edition!!

I should mention now that I wouldn't call all of these "Theme songs" but more, "I can imagine These characters singing these songs all the time. Also, I will be putting these in Spoiler tags just because there will be some needed explanation for some of them, but I don't think there are any spoilers from Oathbringer at all. If there are, you have to have read it to get it soooo.....I think I'm good? If not let me know.

So, without further ado, Let's begin!

The Stormlight Archive (Oathbringer spoilers)

Spoiler
  • Never Had a Friend Like Me -- Aladdin

Okay, tell me if this isn't something you can see Syl singing to Kaladin literally 24/7. And I can 100% imagine the Stormfather at least mumbling it under his breathe to Dalinar.

• You've Got a Friend in Me -- Toy Story

Who else but our good friend Lopen!! Honestly, you should probably change the word Friend to Cousin! I think this should actually be his Theme Song.

• One Jump Ahead -- Aladdin

This song is actually perfect for none other than Lift. It is literally a song about stealing food. What could fit her better?!?

• Touch the Sky -- Brave

VENLI and her whole Stormform obsession. Enough said.

• I'll Make a Man Out of You -- Mulan

Okay, This could honestly go with several people, but here are the first two I thought of:

Kaladin: He Trains/Encourages/Helps every rag-tag group he come across. Like, Every. Single. One. I forget how many slaving groups he was with, but I'm pretty sure he tried his best to help every group he was with escape. I think Bridge 4 however, is the best example. Kaladin manages to take the most ragged and untrained group ever, And then he proceeds to turn Bridge 4 into the King's and Dalinar's actual Honor Guard.

Dalinar: I can't help but think that this is what Dalinar's thinking every time he attempts to anyone to Unite Them, especially the High Princes.

• You'll Be In My Heart -- Tarzan

Okay, so this is a song that you can pair up with literally any loving relationship, whether that love be romantic or familial, but here are my top ones.

Kaladin and Tien: Honestly, these two make me cry all the time. Kal's flashbacks with Tien are both the most adorable and most heartbreaking things ever. Tien is forever in Kaladin's heart, and nothing can convince me otherwise.

Adolin and Renarin: Okay, I admit it, brother relationships get me everytime. I can't help it. Anyway, Adolin and Renarin love each other so much, and are always supporting one another in everything. They also worry about each other A Lot.     You could also say this is Adolin, Renarin, and Dalinar, because Dalinar loves his sons with all of his heart as well........Let's just go ahead and say this can apply to the entire Kholin Family. They all love each other, and deserve only happiness for the rest of their lives.

• Savages -- Pocahontas 

I'm pretty sure this is what the Alethi are thinking about the Parshendi most of the time.  AKA, if the Alethi were to give the Parshendi a theme song.

• Go the Distance -- Hercules

Elhokar is trying you guys. The Poor guy is trying to live up to his Father's expectations, and was forced into the position suddenly. Also, I'm pretty sure his greatest goal in life is to make Dalinar proud of him. Can someone please just give him a hug.    Thank you.

Okay, these aren't exactly Oathbringer Spoiler, but I kind of think you have to have read Oathbringer to Understand them? Maybe? Anyway, this is your warning.

• Reflection -- Mulan

Who else but Shallan.

• Be Prepared -- The Lion King

What Mr. T is thinking. 

Mistborn

Spoiler

Era 1

• I Just Can't Wait to be King -- The Lion King

Elend Venture, while devising the most perfect (and best) way to rule the Kingdom. 

• I've Got a Dream -- Tangled  

Okay, just give yourself a second here, and imagine the Steel Inquisitors breaking out in this song........:lol:  (This is a Joke guys) (Laugh, It's funny!)

• I'll Make a Man Out of You -- Mulan

This is Tindwyl attempting to train Elend to be a King.

• You're Welcome -- Moana

Or at least that is what the Lord Ruler thinks he should be saying. According to him, Everyone in the Final Empire should be thanking him.

• He's a Tramp -- Lady and the Tramp

If Kelsier were to give Elend a Theme Song. (Vin would NOT agree)

• Seize the Day -- Newsies

Okay, just saying, the scene where the city skaa finally decide to fight get 100000000x better when you imagine Seize the Day being blasted in the background.

Era 2 ( Wax and Wayne Series)

• Strangers Like Me -- Tarzan

Wax and Steris both fit this song separately, but I like to imagine this song as more of them working together to understand the life of the Nobles. (P.S. I think they are one of my favorite couples.)

Elantris 

Spoiler
  • When We're Human and Human Again -- Princess and the Frog        Beauty and the Beast

Obviously: The Elantrians. Or at least Raoden

• Savages -- Pocahontus

Hrathen: If he gave the country of Arelon a theme song

Dilaf: If he gave the Elantrians a Theme Song......(And he wouldn't be 100% wrong. Some of them were CrAzY!)

Warbreaker

Spoiler
  • When Will My Life Begin -- Tangled

I fully believe Lightsong would run around singing this AT LEAST once. But more likely all the time because it would annoy everyone else.

• I Won't Say I'm in Love -- Hercules

Vivenna and Vasher. I actually don't care who you guys think would be singing/thinking it, so long as Nightblood plays the parts of the Muses..

OK!!! I think that is all I have right now!! 

Edited by Pagerunner
OB Spoilers

It doesn't exactly fit, but when I listened to Heartless by the Fray after I read mistborn, I kept thinking of Kelsier and Mare. The song's a little too harsh towards Mare, I think. 

First date by Blink 182 also fits Vin and Elend. 

Lol, Dayman by Charlie in Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia is hilarious when you're thinking about Autonomy

On 6/16/2018 at 3:25 AM, AshBorn said:

Ok, so here is a Disney Edition!!

I should mention now that I wouldn't call all of these "Theme songs" but more, "I can imagine These characters singing these songs all the time. Also, I will be putting these in Spoiler tags just because there will be some needed explanation for some of them, but I don't think there are any spoilers from Oathbringer at all. If there are, you have to have read it to get it soooo.....I think I'm good? If not let me know.

I just rewatched the "Toy Story" trilogy and Jessie' song "When She Loved Me" had me in tears, as usual...

[OB] 

Spoiler

...but I also thought about Mayalaran, Adolin's "deadeye" Shardblade spren

Edited by robardin

• 9 months later...
  • Chaos locked this topic