[OB] Things you'd like to see in book 4 (poll)

Things you'd like to see in stormlight 4  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see in stormlight 4

• Hoid shenanigans
    • Love triangle 2: Electric boogaloo
    • Kaladin broods
    • An interlude from a mysterious Cosmere aware character called Sandon Branderson
    • Moash kills Heralds, grows 2 extra arms and wields 4 honour blades General Grievous style
    • Return of Stick
    • Vivenna and Vasher reunion
    • King Rock
    • Ghostblood info dump
    • Rlain runs for bondsmith 2020, Rysn wheels
    • Other
    • Herald PoV's

• Pagerunner changed the title to [OB] Things you'd like to see in book 4 (poll)
25 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I want Ghostbloods most of all. I also want to see the other Heralds who we haven’t gotten yet, like Chana and Ishar. 

Yes please. I was a little bit disappointed that we didn't find out much more about the Ghostbloods in OB. I guess that's a story arc Brandon has on a slow burn. Chana as a dust bringer Herald would be interesting especially since she might have knowledge on how Ashyn was destroyed. I'd love to see an Ishar-Dalinar confrontation at some point

There are a bunch of things I want to see that I feel would happen right after the battle in Thaylen city, so I don't know how many of them we'll get on screen. 

Vasher and Nightblood reunion 

'So why have we let the Assassin in White join again?'

Skar and Drehy returning to Urithiru 

We'll probably get the szeth arguments through flashbacks or something since I feel like that won't wait a year. This is the Parshendi book so something with Rlain is possible but if he is a bondsmith, he may have to leave Urithiru. The Stormfather is everywhere and he came to Dalinar, sort of. We don't even have an idea what the sibling is, much less where it is and I guess he would have to go to the island if his bond was Nightwatcher

'So why have we let the Assassin in White join again?'

Szeth strikes me so much as the "I don't give a storm about all of you tbh." kind of guy and make things really awkward for well everybody actually. Urithru is now noble central which Szeth kinda murdered somebody from every faction(that is not Shin) probably but he does share the burden with Mr. T who told Dalinar everything(but that just softens it doesn't really remove the issue), then we have navani/jasnah/adolin and well the Kholin family that isn't Dalinar isn't on good terms with him. Lastly there's Kaladin and Bridge 4 which kinda is the enemy of Szeth in the first 2 books. 

Oh he has nightblood with a tower full of evil people(good thing that he's a living follower of Dalinar's will and he's gucchi right now) and he's still probably the best close quarter combat fighter if not Kaladin. So likely enemy Radiant's who pretend to be allies like Malata will likely have a rude awakening (and probably a dead dead shardblade(not the broken oaths kind of dead but the kind of dead Ruin would be happy with) if Szeth draws Nightblood)

Yeah the next book is gonna be so much fun about the implications about him

Vasher and Nightblood reunion 

Oddly this feels like it's gonna be underplayed or not that eventful as we expected. Szeth probably wouldn't care about their interaction lol

Edited by goody153

I voted for King Rock, probably because I'm in part 2 of my Oathbringer reread.  There are so many hints at very interesting things about Rock's background and the Horneater Peaks.  His chief was killed, sounds like he had two brothers killed, and also that they had access to the other realms on the Peaks.  But something is now wrong there. Hmmm....

I have to admit that several options sounded very interesting at the bottom of the list.  I am also very interested to learn more about the Ghostbloods, what Rlain has been up to, and also want more about the Heralds.  But I assume the Heralds will have more detail in the back 5 books.  I'm thinking that's when we will get their POVs during the prior desolations and rebuilding civilization time after time.

I want to see more of Rock and the Horneaters, Rlain (Bondsmith or not) and the Parshendi who ran away and refused Stormform, and Azure/Zahel confrontation. One not on the list I think would be interesting is what happens with little Gavinor. 

My top ones would be Ghostblood info (artfully scattered rather than dumped), Herald POV (especially Ishar or the Diagramist), and Rlain as Bondsmith (almost a tie with King Rock).

Rlain's POV was so compelling, and I think given the Listener focus of book four that he will have a huge roll to play.

On 11/06/2018 at 9:00 PM, Steeldancer said:

Taln. I feel like I’m in a loop in this forum. Taln Taln Taln. 

I think that is a guarantee.  And recent WOB pretty much confirms that he will survive until his book so you will get lots of Taln-iness for many years to come.

On 6/15/2018 at 4:43 AM, ScarletSabre said:

I'm actually now rather interested in seeing Vasher and Nightblood's reunion, with Nightblood calling out to Vasher in Szeth's head.

"How do you know Sword-nimi, ardent?"

"Oh, I uh... made him."

Everyone else in the room - "You WHAT?!"

I think this will happen.  Szeth is just walking by Vasher and then Nightblood's just like "yo".

Though this might violate Brandon's "you can read the books separately!" thing.  He has said that Stormlight was made for already enfranchised readers...

I think stormlight will break that rule, seeing as how many worldhoppers we have running around roshar. Sidebooks like mistborn, Elantris, Nightblood and other you may be able to read separately for a little longer but Stormlight is the main show. He talks to people without them touching him so I don't think Brandon could have Vasher or Vivenna walk by Szeth without Nightblood talking

7 minutes ago, Angsos said:

I think stormlight will break that rule, seeing as how many worldhoppers we have running around roshar. Sidebooks like mistborn, Elantris, Nightblood and other you may be able to read separately for a little longer but Stormlight is the main show. He talks to people without them touching him so I don't think Brandon could have Vasher or Vivenna walk by Szeth without Nightblood talking

Stormlight isnt really the main show.  Brandon intends for it to be understandable without prior knowledge of the Cosmere.

The novels that tie into previous works will give warning that they require Cosmere knowledge. 

I don't think we need to know how Nightblood works for the story to make sense.  We just need to know that it's some sort of abnormal shardblade, and that it knows Vasher (and hopefully Vivenna) from the past.

Although SA will be standalone,  doesn't mean it can't include magic from the rest of the Cosmere without breaking he idea of having it as a standalone.  Magic is magical, you don't have to understanding it when reading the story.  That said, if you're a scholar of the Cosmere, you'll know better what's going on. 

Us Cosmere aware readers will understand Vasher more; while other readers will feel more like Szeth; not understanding the specifics of the blade; but having some idea what it does.