Just Enlisted

Picard

Hello all,

I've browsed a bit over time and decided to join up.  It's very rare that I find an author I thoroughly enjoy as much as Brandon Sanderson and I'm excited to get involved here.  I'm currently working my way through Oathbringer.  

A bit of random info about me:

- Name is Matthew

- Love Star Trek

- I'm a special education teacher in real life

- Getting married in September

I look forward to meeting everyone!  

On 6/9/2018 at 10:37 PM, Kidpen said:

Awesome! What's your favorite book so far? Other than Oathbringer, anything you haven't gotten to yet?

The Stormlight Archives are my favorite books that I've read.  I love the characters, the society that he has built into these books, and the look into various political/personal views and interpretations of the same events.  

I haven't read any of his collaborative works, partially through Elantris, and haven't read anything past the Heroes of War in Mistborn.  I'm sure there's others that I have missed but those are the main books that I can think of that he's written.  

On 6/9/2018 at 10:51 PM, Archer said:

Welcome! And happy Cpt. Picard Day! (one week in advance :ph34r:

If Kelsier was in the Starfleet, what colour shirt do you think he would he wear? 

Thank you!  And happy Captain Picard Day to you as well!  

He'd be either tactical - security (red in TNG/yellow in ToS) or tactical - command (red in TNG/yellow in ToS).  Most likely command as I can't see him being simply security.  Maybe Chief of Security or First Officer?

On 6/9/2018 at 11:05 PM, The Harlem Worldhoppers said:

Welcome to The Shard! How did you discover the Sanderson? For me it was through the final 3 books of Wheel of Time

Thank you!  I actually found out about Brandon by randomly picking up SteelHeart at my local library.  The cover looked cool and I liked the description.  Little did I know that I had found my favorite author.  

On 6/10/2018 at 6:35 AM, Niteshado said:

Welcome to the Shard, have an upvote!!

We like to greet people here by saying, "My life to yours, My breath become yours" you should try, you go first!

Also, do you have a favorite Character?

Thank you!  

Kaladin is one of my favorite characters by far.  I enjoy different hierarchies and the dynamics involved with Kaladin from his superiors to his peers to his subordinates fascinate me.   

On 6/10/2018 at 6:43 AM, Snorkel said:

Well I'm not sure about your choice of Star Thing to be supporting... ;)

But your choice in authors seems perfectly fine.

Welcome, and congratulations on your impending nuptials!

Thank you!  I enjoy Star Wars as well.  :P  I'll post a photo of my Star Wars legos sooner or later for you.  I have my eye on a Lego Imperial Star Destroyer eventually.

On 6/10/2018 at 1:23 PM, Barbarian AL said:

Welcome to the shard and I wish you happy reading and an even happier marriage. Cheers :)

Thank you!  I'm excited to be here!

5 hours ago, Picard said:

Thank you!  I enjoy Star Wars as well.  :P  I'll post a photo of my Star Wars legos sooner or later for you.  I have my eye on a Lego Imperial Star Destroyer eventually.

And I also enjoy Star Trek :)

I've got some Star Wars Legos too!  My main sets are the newest Y-Wing (Edit: Oh, wait, not the giant one, the normal sized one), A-Wing, a less new Snowspeeder, and then I collected a few of the battle packs for the cool figures.  Somehow I now have enough speederbikes to have a shelf set up as a speederbike race :D

Edited by Snorkel