Divided We Fall

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Tension on the Horizon?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 3: DWF?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am thinking about it
  3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 2: TotH?

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • Uh... I still didn't know what was happening in Phase 1. Phase 2 is out of the question.

whoa. that was fast. Anyway, sorry i dont have time for a longer post. I'll make it short and sweet.

Naermen ran up to Rhazien's dead body, ignoring the Death person in the shadows. She grabbed Nei'an's coat off of him and ran off.

-_- That was sudden 

The urchin, who happened to be a TUBA licensed mortician, respectfully knelt by the body and closed its eyes. Mumbling a prayer, he began removing its spikes and pocketing them. He also found a number of aluminum knives, various forms of currency, a notebook, and a few metalminds, all of which he placed in a pile beside him. He then began preparing the corpse by [insert whatever morticians do here]. 

Rhazien looked at Death. "You are an udder fool. By that I mean you are a coward. I doubt you could stand up against the might of Chuck Norris."

:P

@Archer personal belongings are going to vanish shortly... part of my last request.

Edited by Mraize

Li TaiRu stood there in shock. He had thought Raizan had weeks left if not a month not hours.

“Nights, wait were is Yzsabet?” he looked outside the sun had gone down she was ether here or just approaching she needed to know. 

Yzabet blinked at Rhazien suddenly fell to the ground. People coalesced around him, stealing from the corpse. 

"I." She felt like she should do something more, but...... but this wasn't how it was supposed to be. Grief and rage mixed, and Yzabet summoned her shardplate and shardblade all at once. She ran at the people around the corpse, swinging her shardblade.

@Mraize I GO OFF TO SEE MY FAVORITE SHAKESPEARE PLAY IN THE WORLD AND NOW YOU'VE GONE AND DIED ON ME

Also, we now get to the technical question. Could a Shardblade hurt Discworld's Death? Can forged investiture kill an anthropomorphic personification?

Edited by I am Witless

Li TaiRu leapt away from Yzabet’s swings ten heartbeats I need my essence marks, no they can’t help me they don’t work here “Yzabet please dismiss your shards and... Nights. you were right there weren’t you? You had to watch it happen with the rest of us. I’m so sorry.”

Veil watched the execution platform from the crowd of people gathered there today.The platform was set up in the place courtyard today, a balcony over looking it so the king could watch. Today, every slave unfit to work would be executed. Mercy, the king called it. Justice. This wasn't justice. It was tyrrany. 

"Ready?" Veil whispered to his spren, whom he had carefully hidde in his pocket. 

"Wait" the spren replied.

Veil heard the prisoners coming before he saw them. Most of them were elderly, but a few were simply children with deformities.  They all had one thing in common though. Fear.  Veil returned his gaze to the balcony, and realized that thw king had arrived. A middle-aged man sat, watching the courtyard below, a sneer on his face. The man stood up, and cleared his throat. Everyone in the courtyard be came silent, and turned to look at the king. He nodded to them, and started his spech. As Veil listened his anger at the king grew. The king spoke of his "perfect" kingdom, and how he was doing the people a favor. Veil hated people like this. The people who ruled by fear. They had no concept of honor or justice. People like that had to be stopped.

As the king came to the climax of his speech, the spren in Veil's pocket whispered "now".

A few days later, Veil sat on the palace walls in the shadows, watching the new king's coronation. He wished he'd had another option, but like all the other times, he didn't. And like all the other times, just like that, he was alienated from society, feared by everyone. Veil turned and lashed himself south, to the outskirts of the city, realizing for the first time that he was truly alone 

Veil had been traveling for a couple of days now and thought he was getting close. He hoped so at least, the horse he was riding we really uncomfortable. As he was thinking, he crested a hill and saw a sight that shocked him. In front of him was a small farmhouse that looked normal enough except for the fact that there was a huge hole in the middle of it. He immediately kicked his horse into a gallop, hoping that everyone in the house was okay. There was a small crowd in front of the house, probably the owners. As he approached he looked at the people and realized that he recognized one. Was that, Yzabet? Realizing he wasn't fast enough, Veil jumped off the horse and lashed himself towards the house. He sped towards the group of people, streaming stormlight, than canceled his lashing, falling to the ground and skidding to a stop. He looked towards the corpse and realized it was the corpse of Rhaizen, leader of the ghostbloods and his old friend.

Veil turned towards Yzabet and asked, "What is the world is going on here?" 

Edited by ShardBreaker
I sort of need to get involved in the plot.

"Hmmm. You probably don't recognize me anymore. It's been such a long time, yet I still claim membership" Veil said partly to Yzabeth partly to himself. " I remember joining TUBA all that time ago. I thought it would be better, I mean, any anti hemalurgic guild is good, right? Apparently not. Corruption is everywhere, even in TUBA. Everyone mostly ignored me anyway, just another random kid. But enough with the past. I needed to visit Rhaizen, I had some an offer for him, but seeing as he's dead, it's going to be significantly harder than normal. So like I said, what in the world is happening?"

“The wounds from the nightmaw took him  I thought he had still had weeks to live. I was waiting for you to meet up before we began training him in Forgery.”

Li TaiRu paused. No that’s not what you need to hear is it. He laughed sadly to him self “No matter happed he never let any one else kill did he.” Li TaiRu looked up at her “There was nothing I could do, again I’m so sorry.”

Edited by Arlin

“I don’t know he fell to nightmaw venom that had corseing though him for about a month I thought he had more time. Not even stormlight could heal him much less my resealing.”

Edited by Arlin

"Veil Stormrise, at your service" Veil responds to Nalizar's question. "Skybreaker of the third ideal, bringer of justice, and some other formal title."

"I'm a member of the Ghostbloods and TUBA, so we may have met before, but it's pretty unlikely. 

Edited by ShardBreaker