Divided We Fall

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Tension on the Horizon?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 3: DWF?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am thinking about it
  3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 2: TotH?

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • Uh... I still didn't know what was happening in Phase 1. Phase 2 is out of the question.

Li TaiRu walked though the hole in the side of the building “Raizan I got your letter,” he paused  after noting the others in the room “Hello I am Li TaiRu” Turning to Raizan “I’m guessing we will beginning later then?”.

3 hours ago, Mraize said:

"I, my friend, am Rhazien Montegue the commander and chief, the head and high dignitary of the Ghostbloods, your superior." Rhazien said with satisfaction. "As for these, this is the Overlord of Hemalurgic Constructs and Research, Tevarah, who is also your superior and Drako, a member of the DA, if I have my facts right. We are on parley for a better lack of words, so Drako does not need killing as of yet. He was just giving me my wedding gift. My wife, Yzabet, should be back by nightfall."

Rhazien coughs under his breath, "We've only gotten five, some friends we have."

"Your facts are wrong," Drako said firmly. "I act for myself, and for the glory of the Emperor. No one else."

He looked around at the ruined house, then back to Rhazien. "I will take your offer to stay. Wedding gifts are a personal affair, and dropping from the atmosphere at the speed of sound isn't exactly comfortable. Thank you."

6 hours ago, Jehoiada said:

"Yes I will" Tevarah spoke. "But I must leave later to get my camp ready, I have alot of lifeless that I am moving to the alley-village." Tevarah thought for a moment then spoke. "I can lend you some Rhazien to do your biding. I can spare about fifty, If you want you can have them?

Drako looked sharply at Tevarah. "Excuse me? You can't take your army into the AlleyVillage. It's under the protection of the Salamanders, and I'm keeping it that way. Why are you moving troops there, anyway?"

Edited by Grey Knight

"Because I live there, my guards can't guard anything if there not there to guard it!" Tevarah was breathing heavily, he didn't know why, but this guy just made him angry. "And besides what do you care? my estate is on the outakirts of the Alley-village and with all of the hot headed power houses around there it's pretty clear I needed guards and I like lifeless soldiers to do guard work. I have no intentions of attacking the city I live in!"

Edited by Jehoiada

Boom! Random guy appears and then everyone died. [Twist!] Then he reversed time and everyone was alivened again. "Sweet! I didnt know I could do that. Ok well nice meeting you all." he nodded his head in acknowledgment "-Son." Then he smiled knowingly "Ok byeeeeeeeeeeeeeded!!!!!!!"

And then he teleported away...

Edited by 1st of Lunch
I got hacked...but I fixed it!

2 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

Drako looked sharply at Tevarah. "Excuse me? You can't take your army into the AlleyVillage. It's under the protection of the Salamanders, and I'm keeping it that way. Why are you moving troops there, anyway?"

"I can, and I will. Tonight is a night of peace, tomorrow however is not. War is coming Drakon, one I can not stop. I will warn you, anything and everything anyone does benefits the Ghostbloods whether in the short term or the long term. There is nothing anyone can do." Rhazien said coolly.

As soon as Yzabet get here you can throw you plan into action @LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian

We're ignoring 1st of Lunch's post for obvious reasons. Sorry, but if you want to get into this rp, that is not the way to do it. 

Mace finished with his experiment. Satisfied with the results, he went back to his underground home to have lunch. He briefly considered trying to put out the many small fires that were still burning, but he decided not to bother. It looked like it would rain later in the day anyways, dark clouds were already starting to gather and move in his direction. A good day to stay indoors, he thought. Maybe he'd spend the day checking for rust in the massive steel beams that held some sections of the bunker up. Or he might play Pack Man, a fun game he'd invented that involved packing bodies into sacks. Occasionally the ghosts of the dead men would appear and cause trouble, but he found that they went away if he threw fruit at them

Edited by Archer

4 hours ago, Arlin said:

Li TaiRu walked though the hole in the side of the building “Raizan I got your letter,” he paused  after noting the others in the room “Hello I am Li TaiRu” Turning to Raizan “I’m guessing we will beginning later then?”.

After he, Rhazien, had replied to Drakon, he turn his attention to Li TaiRu. "When every you are ready to teach me, I am ready to learn."

Yzabet could see the ranch house on the horizon. Storms, she was sorer than a cow during a highstorm. The house seemed to be a bit battered. That seemed to be the general state of buildings around Rhazien.

"Anyway." Tevarah said. "I we must be off to deal with our lifeless. We will be back in about an hour. Rhazien I'll send your fifty this way, they will arive here in about twenty minutes. Alright Tessi let's go!" They proceeded to lash themselves away.

Sorry I couldnt get on much. I have work.

Soul crashed landed next to Septimus.

”Terribly sorry old friend, I got tied up.... literally. And then had to kill a few dozen people. What’s the plan?”

Edited by Life&Death

13 hours ago, Mraize said:

After he, Rhazien, had replied to Drakon, he turn his attention to Li TaiRu. "When every you are ready to teach me, I am ready to learn."

“I would like to start as soon as possible as we don’t have much time but I’ll let you meet up with Yzasbet before we start.”

On 6/14/2018 at 11:56 PM, Archer said:

Mace finished with his experiment. Satisfied with the results, he went back to his underground home to have lunch. He briefly considered trying to put out the many small fires that were still burning, but he decided not to bother. It looked like it would rain later in the day anyways, dark clouds were already starting to gather and move in his direction. A good day to stay indoors, he thought. Maybe he'd spend the day checking for rust in the massive steel beams that held some sections of the bunker up. Or he might play Pack Man, a fun game he'd invented that involved packing bodies into sacks. Occasionally the ghosts of the dead men would appear and cause trouble, but he found that they went away if he threw fruit at them.

"Mace Klasten," a voice said, as a shadow darkened Mace's sandwich. "You utter, frakking monster."

Drako grabbed Mace's head and slammed it into the table with Shardplate-enhanced strength. 

Drako and the space marines slipped away while all of you were talking. Currently, all the other 9 marines are blocking the doorways to the exit.

How did 9-foot tall giants "slip away"? How did said giants get through the small doorways? Will we find out why I suddenly attacked Archer? 

The world may never know :P

Edited by Grey Knight

I knew I shouldn't have dropped so many rocks on their heads. 

Blood splattered across the table. Mace instinctively stopped storing health. Rather, he drew on his gold metalmind's reserves, using it to heal his broken nose. 

Mumbling into the table, he responded. "You had the gall to attack me in my own rusting home? Fool."

Mace tapped speed and strength, using it to twist out of the space marine's grasp. He held onto the man's arm, but pushed off of the ground, sending his legs swinging towards the wall. His foot pressed the switch located there, causing a trap door in the floor to open. The unfortunate soldier standing over it fell in, getting stuck in the opening. 

Mace let go, standing in the middle of the room, a smile on his face. "Well then? Shall we dance?" He pulled a knife from his pocket, and launched himself at the nearest enemy, tapping weight to bring him down as he stabbed. 

The space marine frantically raised her bolter and unloaded it point-blank into Mace's chest. The force of the exploding shells was just enough to send him stumbling backwards, his increased weight lessening the effect. Another Salamander smashed through the doorway, bringing up his bolter and firing it at Mace. 

"Do you remember," Drako snarled, swinging his bolter around and pulling the trigger, "what happened on May the 14th? Or have the lives you've snuffed out already been wiped from your mind?"

Since I have no idea how much time has passed in the RP, this is the post I'm talking about:

Edited by Grey Knight

Fond memories indeed

Mace had to use up some of his precious health reserves to heal the wound. He was not happy. Deciding to go all or nothing, he tapped zinc. His enhanced mind quickly sprang into action. 

Ten attackers, only one of me. How's about some friendly fire? He tapped his small chronium metalmind as one of the marines shot at him. The bullets flew by him to the left, hitting a marine that was preparing to fire. 

Lots of furniture in the room. Most of it dry wood. He drew on some heat, negating it's effects on him with gold, and pressed his hand into the table. The papers atop it instantly caught fire, which set the table ablaze. Smoke began to fill the room. 

And finally, what good is storing memories of you don't use them? He thought back to his last encounter with these foes. He recognized at least one of them. He remembered the dented part of his leg armour. Drawing on some extra strength, Mace swung his foot into the weak point, added weight enhancing the blow. 

Edited by Archer

if i get anything wrong please tell! Also, Dangit, it's bolded again.

Naermen fell through the air, a cloud of beige coloring obscuring her vision, like the darkness that does the same when the eyelids close. A buzzing hum vibrated through her skull, a hum that reminded her of tremendous power. For a second, she could feel the creature beyond her, the thing called G.L. For a second, they were one. She knew it, could feel it’s thoughts, could understand it’s feelings, though none of these were in words or picture, but rather a strange third option that seemed overwhelming.

‘Yes…’ came the voice in her head. ‘In these seconds, we merge,’

“Why?” Naermen asked, not aloud, but in her mind.

‘I…’ came the voice. ‘I am sharing with you my knowledge and power. I do not control when it happens to my host, as unpredictable as a twitch or an unconscious habit, but it usually happens during teleportation, as that is the strongest way I can use my power without overcoming the OP laws of the Alleyverse,”

Naermen frowned. She still had no idea what the voice meant be the ‘alleyverse’, or it’s ‘OP laws’. However, before she had a chance to ask, the beige began to subside. “I-” she began.

‘Don’t be afraid,’ came the voice. ‘I will stay with you,’

Naermen could still see nothing but beige. “Where am I?” she asked.

‘Right next to Rhazien,’ the voice responded.

Naermen paused, then yelped and jumped away. Curiously, she glided through the air, as if her jump had triggered an unknown flying ability.

‘Oh, dear,’ said the voice. ‘I didn’t mean right right next to Rhazien. You were about twenty feet away. You hosts. So concerned with distance. It’s all just an illusion, you see. A psychological mind trick!’ the voice paused. ‘Well, now you are about forty feet away,’

Naermen paused. “Did I-”

The voice cut her off. ‘No, you didn’t trigger one of your powers. I’m trying to prevent that. You see, You must ;learn each of your abilities before you can use any of them, or else one day you’ll be stick, unable to reuse you powers without using others. No, you are just weightless,’

Naermen frowned. “Weightless?” she asked.

‘Yes,’ said the voice. ‘I don't have power of my own. I am merely a collector with some, er, special habits,’ The voice turned awkward, then seemed to shake it away. ‘Anyway, I just used a personal adaption of the Surge of Gravitation, which you will soon be able to harness, while allowing you to tap Feruchemical Speed, Breath, Warmth, and Strength. However, the Gravitational Surge takes a bit to where off. You should be receiving your weight now,’

Naermen could, in fact, feel her weight returning, and as her body grew dense, she found she could feel the earth below her with her feet. However, she still could not see, for the beige mist covered her eyes.

“Why can’t I see?” she asked.

The voice chuckled. ‘Don’t worry. It’s not broken or anything. I’m doing it on purpose,’

“Why?” Naermen demanded. “He could kill me right now if he wanted too!”

‘Of course he couldn’t!’ the voice exclaimed.

Naermen cocked her head. “Are you using an illusion to cover me?”

‘No,’ the voice responded.

“Are you distracting him?” Naermen asked.

‘Nah,’ the voice responded.

‘Is he dead?’ Naermen asked, her voice growing frustrated.

‘Oh, definitely not,’ the voice chuckled.

“Then what’s stopping him from stabbing me?” Naemren demanded.

‘Oh,’ said the voice, ‘I don’t know. Maybe, ah, the building I put between you and him? What, you think I put you in his plain sight? Do you think I like losing hosts?” the voice cracked a little.

Naermen relaxed her muscles. “So, why can’t I see?”

The voice seemed top jump at the opportunity to change the subject. ‘Well,’ it said, ‘It goes with the protection thing. I don’t want you to use you powers before you know them. This is an alarming place, and I didn’t want to frighten you into awesomeness,’

“Oh,” Naermen said. Then she had a thought. “Couldn’t you just give me more power? The Nightwatcher’s boon came from you, right?”

For a split second, Naermen thought she could see a figure in the mist that covered her eyes, a figure shaking its head. It disappeared after a split second, and Naermen rubbed her eyes.

‘No,’ said the voice regretfully. ‘There was a reason I had to do it through the Nightwatcher. I can’t give curses easily, and I can’t make my hosts too OP. Those tend to get killed by angy Unbiased,’

Naermen sighed. There it went again, using terms Naermen was not familiar with.

The voice seemed to sense this. ‘Don’t worry, Naermen,’ it said encouragingly. ‘Soon, you will have all the knowledge you need,’

Naermen nodded. “Okay,” she said. “I’m ready. I promise I won't use any of my powers you won’t tell me about in the first place,”

The voice laughed. ‘About that,’ it said through low giggles, ‘After we’re done here I happened to know-’

The voice cut off so suddenly that Naermen jumped again, this time not gliding, but fell to her back. “What is it?” she asked once she had recovered.

‘Sorry about that,’ came the voice, serious once more. ‘I was just looking to see if they were still alive. They are, but unreachable at this point. Oh, well. I happen to know another,’ The voice paused.

“Another for what?” Naermen asked as she rose to her feet.

You are surrounded by people who can teach you of the Cosmere’s magics,’ the voice said. ‘But only a select few can teach you of the others. Once this is over, if you desire, I will take you to Kalmar, an occulator, who may know of the other abilities from Earth as well,’

“Okay,” Naermen agreed. “Now, I’m ready to see where I am.”

‘Alrighty,’ the voice agreed. ‘Whatever you do-’

“Don’t use my powers?” Naermen asked.

‘Well, that’s the broad topic,’ the voice said. ‘I was going to list a bunch of things not to do in order to avoid using investiture,’

“Oh,” Naermen said, her face flushing slightly. “Continue,”

‘Ok,’ the voice said. ‘As I was about to say, don’t eat metal, absorb blue mist, even look at any types of sand, look for that Verdant bud on your arm, say anything about either Breaths or Awakening, draw pictures in the air, scratch those same pictures into stamps, or anything else like those,’

Naermen cocked her head. “You basically just told me exactly how to use my investiture,”

The mist swirled in front of her eyes. ‘I did, didn’t I? Oh, well. I trust you. Now, to Rhazien you go!’

And with that, the beige veil over Naermen’s eyes lifted, giving her a full view of her surroundings.

And she gasped.

Death googled up to Rhaizen,  using his scythe as a Mic to sing along to his toolbox. The man's cholesterol levels were through the roof, and it showed that on his hourglass. The man grabbed his chest and Lopen swung his scythe, separating body from soul. His soul appeared next to Death.

Sᴏ, ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ? Yᴏᴜʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ sᴀɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴘᴜʟʟ sᴏᴍᴇ sᴛᴜᴘɪᴅ sᴛᴜɴᴛ.