Divided We Fall

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Tension on the Horizon?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 3: DWF?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am thinking about it
  3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 2: TotH?

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • Uh... I still didn't know what was happening in Phase 1. Phase 2 is out of the question.

Hesseeri awoke to splash of cold water on his face. Mistake one on his captors’ part. Hesseeri hates the cold. Mistake two: he was chained to a chair, in what seemed to be a basement. Sound would be blocked from coming out, good for Hesseeri, not so much for his captors’ lives. Hesseeri focused his hearing, closing his eyes and listening.

“Mace, he’s awake,” he heard a voice inform.

“A bucket of ice water does that to people, Storm,” this Mace character replied.

“Of course it would, especially when you throw the bucket at them too, fool,” Storm reprimanded.

“You think some rope will keep me down! I will not be restrained!” Hesseeri yelled.

“Looks like our friend Jaco decided to stop speaking all rhymey-whymey, eh Storm?” Mace joked.

“You think I am Jaco? You think this bag of worthless flesh could actually speak straight and get something done? You are wronger than wrong, sir, although I doubt you deserve being called that... Mace Klasten. That’s right, I know exactly who you are. My little pawn Jaco here shows me everything I need to know,” Hesseeri ominously informed. “And I don’t think these little things you call restraints can hold me down for much longer, fool.” And with that, Hesseeri snapped his restraints and broke out with a punch, catching Mace in the nose and sending him all the way across the room, making a sickening cracking nose when he hit the wall.

Poor Mace. He keeps getting punched in the face or kicked. :lol:

Mace tasted blood. His back hurt. His prisoner had escaped. In short, it just wasn't his day. 

Fortunately, he and Storm had prepared for something like this. They'd left a pair of spears by the stairs for them to use if need be. Mace stumbled to his feet and grabbed one as Jaco was busy talking. He was tempted to make a run at him, but he decided that probably wasn't wise given the circumstances. Instead, he used the spear to smash the two lamps lighting the windowless room. Without them, they were plunged into darkness. 

Mace smiled and drew on some extra eyesight so he could get around. Hopefully Jaco would be disoriented. Sneaking along the side wall, Mace prepared to attack. 

Hesseeri was ready for every eventuality, and walking with the lights out was something anyone who had lived as long as he had could do with ease. He used Jaco’s abilities as a Siah Aimian to adjust his eyesight, giving him cat-like night vision.

Seriously, any Siah Aimian worth their stuff can change their eyes for night vision.

Edited by JacobClaessen

Mace had no idea what the abilities of a Siah Aimian were, so he continued along the wall, spear raised to strike. When he got close enough, he struck, thrusting the spear forwards. Hesseeri didn't even dodge. He merely grabbed the shaft of the spear and pulled it towards him. Mace was pulled off balance, his body crashing forwards. He smashed into the other man, sending them both to the ground. Startled and confused, Mace began to grapple, grabbing at Hesseeri's clothing as they rolled on the rock floor. 

Mace was in a great deal of pain. Everything hurt. It was making it hard to think. 

Grunting, he rolled away. He wished that he carried a weapon. Anything would be helpful right now. Even a penknife. 

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Storm preparing something. To buy him time to get ready, Mace drew on some health, the charged back into battle. His opponent was on his feet already, but it didn't matter. Mace ran forward, then at last minute dropped into a slide tackle. He tripled his weight, hoping to topple the other man. 

Mace smashed into his foe's legs. The man fell forward, but used the opportunity to hit Mace in the sternum. It was cheap shot, but Mace was in too much pain to care. 

Mace lay on the ground moaning. Behind him, Storm had was fiddling with some chains. 

To buy him time, Mace grabbed the discarded spear and swung it half-heartedly at the man he knew as Jaco. It bounced off his leg. 

Storm finally looked up. He'd affixed his knife to the end of a chain. He held the chain like a lasso, swinging it quickly, building up speed. Then he lashed out at his foe. The chain swung sideways, hitting Hesseeri, then wrapping around him as the momentum carried the end in circles around him. Capitalizing on his opponent's momentary distraction, Storm then ran forward with his spear to attack. 

Edited by Archer

When Storm got close enough, he swung the spear to smash into Hesseeri's chest. At the same time, Mace found the strength to roll over to him and kick him in the back of the knees. Hesseeri fell backwards, landing next to Mace. Unable to think of anything better to do, Mace rolled on top of him and drew on his reserves of weight to keep him down. 

Hesseeri tried and tried, but with all his strength, he couldn’t get Mace off of him. He decided he would have time for retribution later, and let Jaco take over his body again.

“Why are you on top of me? You have quite a heavy body,” Jaco mused, confuses as to why he was on the ground.

Mace continued to lay motionless. Storm was watching from beside him, and as such saw the sudden change of expression Jaco's face underwent. The angry snarl was replaced by a confused frown. 

"Mace, I think it's okay to get off of him now."

Trusting Storm, Mace eased off of Jaco. He kept a wary hand by the man's throat though. He wasn't going to be caught off guard again. "I need answers. And I need them now," he demanded. 

Okay, I think I might wait a tiny bit longer before I finally call quits and Rashan gets torn apart by the three realms. Feel free to rescue him if you want, but you’ll need to find a way to reduce his connection with the Beyond. If you don’t, it won’t really matter and I’ll make myself a new character. If you do save him, really interesting things will happen, since he’s pretty much been in all three realms.

The pain was too much. Rashan would die soon, and it would be most painful. If he came back to reality, he wouldn’t be the same, not at all. So much pain, seeing all three realms... it did things to a man.

That was only if he got saved. If no one came to help, Rashan would simply be torn apart. It didn’t sound like the best way to go out.

So this is my writeup following my defeat by Devaan. 

Typhoon tapped the Tia. Instantly, he knelt before his employer. 

"You have failed me." Boomed his voice. "I gave you a simple task, and you failed. Hand over your equipment. You're fired." Typhoon pulled off his armor, removed his medallion, and handed over his Rope. "That will be all." Said his employer. He sent Hazekiller from the room. The employer turned to his bodyguard. "Kill him and retrieve the Blade and Aviar." The bodyguard, a Leecher, charged after Typhoon.

Typhoon heard the man coming. He whipped around and rolled to the side. He dodged around the man and thrust a spike through the man and into his own left leg. He gained the powers of a Leecher. He could no longer be Project Hazekiller. He could no longer be Agent Typhoon. Instead, he adopted the name Rohan. He quickly teleported back to Devaan's house, and rushed to Rashan's side. He summoned his Blade and unbounded it. He placed it next to Rashan. "Bond this Blade." Whispered Rohan. "And return to the Physical Realm."

Hellbent emerged after the storm had past. Now that I am on Roshar again, I will need to get money. And the easiest way to do that is thievery. He spent day ambushing small groups of merchants and thieves alike. He always left exactly half of the group alive (he only attacked even number groups). Later, because of this, some of the natives of the Iri came to believe he was a deity.  Months later, after Hellbent had started a criminal syndicate and was living well, he discovered a temple. The priests there bowed to him immiediatly. He stepped up to the statue. The engraving below it read "the herald of darkness". As he slowly walked away, he whispers, "I can use this. Oh, yes I can!"

Edited by Ark1002

1 hour ago, BitBitio said:

He quickly teleported back to Devaan's house, and rushed to Rashan's side. He summoned his Blade and unbounded it. He placed it next to Rashan. "Bond this Blade." Whispered Rohan. "And return to the Physical Realm."

I don't know how a Shardblade would tie Rashan back to the Physical Realm, but I'll count it, if it wasn't for one problem: We're all at the World Spike, so no longer at Devaan's house.

The Blade was killed so it has no cognitive deadeyes representing it. It's almost entirely Physical. The Blade would let you hold on.

Typhoon gave the Blade to Devann, instructing him to give it to Rashan to save him.

Here's the 1 on 1

"Riathor! please. put that down! you could hurt someone with it!"

"Ha ha. Very funny" Riathor told him

"Wait" Typhoon said to the four of them

"What do you want?" Veil chimed in

Akrasia quacked

"There are four of you, and one of me. I've been hit by the Aon of death, and have hours to live. If I remove my armour. I would like to fight Devaan in a one on one."

"Yeah okay, seems fair enough"

"Wait! Devaan! shouldn't you think this through?" Akrasia asked

"He never thinks mate, you know this" Riathor told him

"Typhoon. You ready?"

"Yes" Typhoon stepped out of his armour 

"Lets begin"

Devaan rushed towards Typhoon, blade extended. He jumped up and brought his blade down on Typhoon's head. Typhoon then parried, causing Devaan to instinctually kick Typhoon in the face. sending both of the fighters flying. 

Devaan stood up, he noticed Typhoon bleeding on the cheek. Sethramir had blood on it's blade. He scored a hit!

Typhoon growled, keeping a steady guard ready for the next attack, Devaan obliged, sending two bladed cards spinning towards Typhoon, who immediately rolled out of the way. And in an instant, Devaan was on him, blurring directly towards him due to his Aon Powered Body, slicing Typhoon across the chest immediately. Typhoon, however, felt no pain. However his mission was failing! He couldn't get to solace! he calmly raised his shard blade, and stabbed Devaan in the kneecap

Devaan gasped, an eye for an eye, a kneecap for a kneecap. Devaan stabbed Typhoon in the kneecap with sethramir. Typhoon was dying now. Slowly but surely, his spirit was being destroyed from within due to the investiture corrupting his soul.

Typhoon's eyes began to glaze over, as he reached his hand up. Devaan stared, entranced at the dying man's final action

Then Typhoon dropped into Devaan's pocket, took a card. And teleported away.

Lets say your employer also leeched you to make sure you weren't holding any breaths from the rope. This would clean out Aon Sheo, and Sethramir's wounds.

Sorry for the double post

LATER THAT NIGHT:

Devaan, Riathor and Akrasia were sitting and drinking, laughing. Veil had left, insisting that she had 'important things to do' The cool night air set a pleasant mood for celebration, sitting by an open flame, talking, joking and enjoying life.

"Here. This blade will be able to hold Rashan to the physical realm." Typhoon's voice said from the shadows

A shard blade dropped onto Devaan's lap as Akrasia leapt up, snarling.

"I come in peace" Typhoon said

"Well in that case, Have a seat! enjoy the night air! you just saved someone's life, and dueled my friend here honourably. No shame in losing! We can get more drinks out." Riathor offered

Devaan sent the blade, with a note in an awakened quilt, with the command "give this blade and note to Rashan Caer" He then sent it to the planet Rashan was on through a Tia gate under the house.

Ok, so I'll write to scenarios for the following. You choose either option A or B to be the one your character would go with

(A)

No answer was heard. Typhoon was gone. Riathor sighed, disappointed, and then went back to telling a story about noble life in the final empire, Devaan listened intently, he had been a steward, not a noble so had no idea what the Nobles were up to when they had no balls, dinner parties and spies going around the keeps. Akrasia listened, bewildered, he was in the company of two people who had lived in a time of myth and legend, of gods and revolutionists.

(B)

Typhoon was tired, he had been fired, and while not trying to show it, was lost, had no goals. only TUBA to turn to, some friends would be nice.

"Sure" Typhoon said, and dropped down from the roof of the house

"So, Typhoon, care to share your story?"

"Perhaps another time. But wait till you hear about the time I had a job in Roshar. This guy was tied up in 8 different secret organisations, and all of them wanted him dead because they thought he was a spy! Each one of them turned to me..."

And so the night went on. Each man swapping stories, laughing, reminiscing and enjoying the night.

Veo looked funny from up here. Rashan had seen spren in the Cognitive Realm, but never the Spiritual. heck, everyone looked funny. Rashan saw everything. As he was stretched for eternity between the three realms, he saw everything. He felt something in his hands. A Shardblade. Veo didn't scream when he held it. Huh. Veo didn't talk anymore, she was still bonded to Rashan, but she felt...deader. Rashan grabbed on the Shardblade, and he started to feel himself getting pulled down, softly at first, and then intensely. The Beyond pulled back, but it wasn't strong enough.

Rashan came back to life, resurrected, but not like others. He'd seen the Spiritual Realm and come back, probably the only man to do so. He'd seen eternity. He'd seen everything that had happened, and everything that was going to happen. He saw the past, the present, the future, all at once. He saw the thoughts of everyone. But now that was gone, and he was here. He tried talking to Veo, but she wouldn't respond. Rashan could still use his surges, though, kind of. Though he only had two surges, he could use them in so many ways now. Physically, Cognitively, and Spiritually. He thrusted his hand to the side and Veo turned into a Shardblade. Then, he raised his other hand, and ten heartbeats later, another Shardblade appeared, the one that pulled him to the Physical Realm. He'd never seen two Shardblades with the same owner before.

Rashan was alive. But, he still felt different. He was changed. For better or worse, he did not know. He looked around. He didn't know where he was either. Someone's house? Maybe his own? Rashan found it odd, but he didn't even remember anyone he'd met before now. He vaguely remembered a rock, a man with cards, and a bar. But no specifics. As Rashan walked out of the house, he confronted the roads and alleys in front of him. Where was he? Flashes of memories came to him, but nothing of substance.

Rashan walked in the darkness, hoping to find someone to explain to him what just happened. What did happen? Rashan had woken up in someone's room after being stretched between the Realms, which happened after dying. Whatever happened before dying he didn't know. He needed to find out..

On mobile now so can't give a long reply but transporting anything near the worldspike is going to be really difficult.

I've been waiting for @Mraize to give more details.

EDIT: So depending on how 'near' the worldspike Solace moved everyone, they're going to be facing defenses ranging from some DA acolytes to a swarm of eldritch horrors and other assorted end-game boss level things. An Awakened quilt has a 0% chance of getting through either I'd say, unless it was either hidden in some way or maybe if it was Nightblood-level Invested.
Things in the cognitive and spiritual realm will also get weird around there. (Technically accessing the spiritual realm would be the weird part, not the realm itself.) So if we want to shift scenes to nearby there I'll probably need to talk to anyone who wants to be nearby.

Also not sure how a Shardblade is going to bring someone back from the Beyond. Maybe an Honour blade that grants Regrowth?

We can say that or we can just leave it be. 

I would like to vote for option two because this Blade was broken(ie its spren was killed) to be very physical and little cognitive or spiritual. This could theoretically work. As long as Rashan has the Blade, he has a strong anchor to hold him in the Physical Realm.

Option B, Devaan. Also, Rohan hasn't been hired by TUBA yet. He's a loner.

Hellbent arrived in Yeddaw later that day. He sucked stormlight from some spheres, and lightweaved himself a disguise of a poor farmer, with a heavy load on his back. He got in quickly. His spren floated behind him. The spren had been silent for a long time.

Hellbent turned, and said, "I have almost forgotten you. I am sorry. I promise I will be more faithful to you from know on. I will not ever forget you, and will speak to you until you are destroyed. I will name you... vortex. Is that good?" 

"The spren, vortex, said in a soft voice, "I will forgive you this time. But never again."

Hellbent summoned her as a shardblade. He dismissed the illusion disguising him. He decided something then and there. There would be no more hiding.

"I will never again cut my hair," he whispered, "I will never again bow to local authorities. I will only be submissive to the leaders of nations. I am not a man for cowering before weak men and women. I am no longer Anthony Nightshade. I am Hellbent! The dark herald!"

He walked up to a wall, then cut huge stairs into it with vortex. The dark blade cut quickly, and he was skilled enough that it fell smoothly onto the street directly by where he was cutting. He then made a huge tunnel, slanting slightly upward. As he worked he thought, If only I had some sort of weapon or tool that could vaporize nonliving material. It could come in the shape of a glove, and disintegrate a tunnel. Maybe we could make a fabrial of that. He reached a layer closer to the sruface and flattened out. He created a small maze if tunnels. As he worked he thought of something. That object may not exist in this universe, but maybe I could do something similar. From then on, instead of slowly cutting the rock into smaller peices, he soulcast the peices into grain. When he was done wiht the confusing pathways, he threw out the grain to the people on the streets. It was gone within the minute. Finally, he cut a huge room out of the stone. The room was a huge hall, complete with three huge long tables, and a giant platform at the end.He soulcast the table into metal, then made multiple off-shooting rooms from the sides. He also cut a hidden room behind the platform. He went out, and bought many doors, beds, and chairs. He also bought with his spheres multiple different weapons and lamps he could put spheres in. He then bought glass. He then renovated the hall, and made it a beautiful place. He cuts a pettern into the ceiling, where it reached the surface. In those areas he put metal framed glass. On the surface he coverd this with a huge lake he created. Weeks later people would wonder how they  and he was the literal had never noticed a large lake less then an hours walk from the city. He made the place a area fit for a church. And it would be. After all, he had to follow through on his promises. So he would use the strange church that had developed. They would be the leaders of his new criminal empire. He didn't plan on staying on this planet after all. He just needed a backup money source for when he was on this planet, and a place to get away from those who would chase him. He traveled back to the area , where he had found the church, and he told them to travel to Yeddaw. When they arrived he brought them to the hall, and they moved in. They all got jobs in the city, getting income and living in the rooms by the hall. He stayed with them for a week, then went back out. He went to the criminal syndicate, and established the blood radiants* as there new leaders. He themn tracked down groups of theives all across the continent, and forced them into his empire. The blood radiants were the leaders of this empire, and he was the holy leader of there religion. He was a powerful criminal, and he bowed to no one. Once he was done, he used vortex to make a huge flash of bright light, and dissapeared into the air. He then reappeared a short distance away, in another tunnel. He sat there, talking with vortex. It is time. I will become someone again.