Divided We Fall

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Tension on the Horizon?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 3: DWF?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am thinking about it
  3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 2: TotH?

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • Uh... I still didn't know what was happening in Phase 1. Phase 2 is out of the question.

36 minutes ago, BitBitio the Mudkip said:

*has an idea*

The power of the aons are stored in Nicrosil, it's unsealed aons

They still wouldn't be able to power to armour if it was coated in aluminium. And how would that power the armor anyway? where is the Nicrosil? Is it your armour? because on your character bio it says your armour is made of steel

Meanwhile, in the bakery:

Mace didn't understand his companion. In fact, the constant riddles were a little disturbing. Mace decided to call in an expert.

He looked around the room. There were boxes everywhere. Surely one of them had what he needed. "Oi! Help me move this stuff," he commanded. Alas, he poetic friend just sat there.

A few minutes later, Mace found what he was looking for. An bottle of ink, the kind used for ledgers. Grabbing some notepaper from the stack by the door, he pulled out a spanreed and prepared to write. He'll know what to do, Mace thought as he summoned his fellow TUBA member with the stroke of his reed. 

22 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

Nohadon, last page I settled the aluminum thing. It is invested armor, so it can't be pushed anyway. I cut the aluminum and the Nicrosil is plates within the armor.

I got rid of the healing from Sethramir and the aluminum. 

That was your only justification to swear two oaths in a row and you made me get rid of it.

*rages about people godmodding*

Edited by BitBitio the Mudkip

Storm sat again in his office, storing various attributes in his tinminds. A blinking light alerted him that someone was trying to contact him via spanreed, he stopped storing eyesight, and looked to see which spanreed was blinking, it was from one of their bakeries on Scadrial. He rose and turned the dial. it began scratching out a message;

Storm, 

Hope you're well! And that everything at HQ is running smoothly. I was also hoping that you could help me with a man who has wandered into the bakery here. He seems to be crazy, but perhaps a Lightweaver's attention to detail could discern something of what he is saying, or trying to say. And as you are an expert on details, I thought perhaps you could help.

Best regards,

Mace

A crazy man? well, he had no other business to take care of, and Mace always did provide him with great opportunities for conversation.

Timeskip of Storm traveling to the Scadrial bakery via [REDACTED] and passing through [REDACTED]

Storm walks into the back room of the bakery to find Mace standing by a man, who looked like he had been through quite a lot, sitting on some crates.

"Hello Mace," Storm says pleasantly, striding over to clasp hands with his friend. "So this is the man you spoke of?"

"Indeed," Mace replied. "I'm worried that he might have a concussion." Mace had found a medical kit in preparation of Storm's arrival. 

"Would you mind taking a look at him? I'm worried about the little guy." As Storm moved towards the third occupant of the room, Mace began heating up some water for tea, using an old fabrial he'd found in one of the creates. 

Veil looked down at his compass, noting the wildly spinning needle. Finally. He had arrived. Veil canceled his lashing, and plummeted straight towards the ground, bursting through the thick layer of clouds. As he burst out, a white plume trailing behind him, he noticed the house he was hurtling towards, and lashed himself downwards, increasing his speed drastically. As he burst through the roof of the house, he lashed himself upwards as many times as he could, jerking himself to a stop, and then immediately canceled all of his lashings, landing on the floor in a crouch, shardblade in hand. He looked and saw the man that had attacked him was facing Devaan, who was in a defensive position. The man briefly looked at Veil, adjusting his body to where he could defend attacks from both sides. Veil fell into a defensive position as well, following Devaans lead. 

Spoiler

@BitBitio the Mudkip, hope it's okay that I did some minor movements for your character. If you don't like them, then you can change what happened. 

“Silly Billy went willy-nilly all the way down the hill. He took a stop, his finger he chopped, with blood the well did fill!” Jaco responded to Storm. A little human-shaped spren flew out of nowhere, and said to Storm “Ey, Stormy fellow, stay away from my little human! He’s mine now and I ain’t lettin’ someone else take ‘im from me!” Brand yelled, and attempted to swat Storm with his hands.

Mace knew very little about medicine. But someone had told him once that a cup of tea was good for situations like this. After he'd prepared one, he brought it over to the patient. With a flick of his wrist, he poured the tea over Jaco's head. Hopefully that shocks him out of it, he thought to himself. 

8 hours ago, Voidus said:

And another point, although one that is less relevant right now. But there's no way a non-Elantrian could use Shao to change into anything other than one set appearance. AonDor is like programming, the Aon itself needs to have specifications for what to make the illusion look like so unless you can draw your own Aons you couldn't change that. It can't just give you the ability to Lightweave.

I have separate Nicrosil plates for each transformation

8 hours ago, Nohadon said:

Devaan stepped up and faced the killer. He was on his own, but he made some calls and sent the elantrian who recharged his cards to spread some words out to the right people.

12 hours. Then he wins the fight by default.

He stepped towards the killer. The man who attempted to murder solace. And succeeded in killing Rashan, his friend.

you ready? The spren whispered inside his head

"yeah" Devaan said

And then he ran straight at Typhoon, as fast as he could, combining his greatly enhanced physical abilities from Aon Dor with his feruchemical steel to run blindingly fast towards his enemy, he aimed low, keeping his guard ready and slashed with sethramir at his opponent's stomach in one fluid motion, darting back into a defensive stance.

Actually, you won't win in 12 hours. You never hit me, I'm wearing armor. It blocked all if your attacks. It is armor, after all.

Typhoon activated Aon Are. Instantly, the armor fitted to him exactly and began to work like Shardplate, United and interlocking. He reached out with a gauntleted fist and grabbed Devaan by the neck. He tossed him up in the air and activated Aon Edo, and the shield shot out and blasted him at the wall, the force shoving him away. Devaan got his bearings and stood up. Suddenly, a man crashed through the roof and landed steadily. Hazekiller readied himself for a multi-front attack.

Solace took the card from Ti LaRua, grabbed Rashan from his stupor. He proceeded to place his hand on LaRua's shoulder, and tapped the Tia card. It was an odd sensation, teleporting, Solace wasn't sure he liked it. The three of them emerged near the WorldSpike.

"Perfect!" Solace said.

20 minutes ago, Mraize said:

Solace took the card from Ti LaRua, grabbed Rashan from his stupor. He proceeded to place his hand on LaRua's shoulder, and tapped the Tia card. It was an odd sensation, teleporting, Solace wasn't sure he liked it. The three of them emerged near the WorldSpike.

"Perfect!" Solace said.

Immediately, a hoard of Dark Alley denizens descended upon them. A veritable host of spiked rats, beavers, and other small woodland creatures. They formed a furry wall around the spike, glaring at the intruders with their tiny black eyes. Getting to the worldspike wasn't as easy as Solace had assumed. 

Edited by Archer

15 minutes ago, JacobClaessen said:

“What’s with the tea? Why pour it on me? Why don’t you just put me in therapy?” Jaco questioned. 

This made Mace pause. Perhaps he'd been too blunt. But he was committed to the good cop/bad cop routine now, so he was going to see it through. Grabbing Jaco by the front of his shirt, he pulled him to his feet. "Alright little man," he said slowly and loudly. "Tell... Us... Why... You... Can't... Talk... Right." Mace was a lot of things, but a psychiatrist was not one of them. 

EDIT: Noooooooo! I thought I was editing my first post. Sorry for the double post. :(

Edited by Archer

Before he got far, Hellbent was caught by the constables. As Hellbent sat in prison, awaiting execution he thought of what he should do. A day passes, and the constables come. He is to be executed by a revolver to the head. 

The judge proclaims, "Anthony Nightshade-" 

"HELLBENT!!!" he yelled.

"you have been sentenced to execution for the murder of sleeping children. Do you have any last words?"

"Do it. "

The constables fired, but Hellbent tapped his hidden chromium metalminds. The three bullets missed, one shooting into the crowds, killing a random man, one shooting a constable in the head, and one shooting a constable in the leg, causing him to accidentally shoot the last constable in the chest. Hellbent jumped up, and ran out of the door in the chaos. He worldhopped to Roshar. He appeared up in the center of the highstorm, wind blowing his hair. Luckily for him, the constables hadn't even taken most of his metalminds, as they were hidden. He kept tapping them, and got blown straight into a sheltered cave, totally unharmed. He curled up and slept, with only one last thought. Will I ever be able to go back?

“Little man? I’m 6 foot 10? Will this routine not ever end? There is a man inside my skull, he talks and and talks and never stops, I really think I’ll meow my top!” Jaco was angry. He was done with Mace, and someone was going to get hurt. Jaco jumped up and threw a punch into Mace’s throat at an inhuman speed.

6 foot 10? oh. 

Mace is half-koloss, maybe that gives him an inflated sense of his own size? Suuuuuure. I'm going to run with that explanation. 

Mace was confused by the use of the word 'meow'. So confused that he missed seeing Jaco's punch altogether. It caught him just under the chin, causing him to drop Jaco on the ground. Mace fell backwards, holding his throat. He tried to yell a warning to Storm, but was having trouble doing so. The best he could do was roll to the side to the partial cover of a few nearby crates. 

46 minutes ago, Mraize said:

"Perfect!" Solace said.

Immediately, a hoard of Dark Alley denizens descended upon them. A veritable host of spiked rats, beavers, and other small woodland creatures. They formed a furry wall around the spike, glaring at the intruders with their tiny black eyes. Getting to the worldspike wasn't as easy as Solace had assumed. 

Yeah depending on what exactly is meant by 'near' then the three of them may be about to instantly be annihilated.

Li TaiRu look up. So that is the WorldSpike. The sound of the scraping and scratching of claws filled the surrounding alleyways. Oh no not... mistbeavers. “This makes things complicated. Nights, I hate these things.” Li TaiRu said sommoning his Shardblade.

Edited by Arlin

Jaco rushed past Mace to the flour storage and began throwing the flour everywhere, into the air, spreading it out on the counters, making sure nothing was to clumped together, and then lit a flame from the tip of his finger. “Flour power!” Jaco proclaimed, as the bakery exploded. He had everything planned out, to make sure no one died, so that Storm and Mace just got hurt.

At the bakery:

Mace just got hurt. 

As he lay on the ground, he was aware of Jaco fiddling with something in his hands.

Then the world turned orange. The heat of the blast washed over his arms and legs. His ears started ringing. He realized that some crates had fallen on him. The air made weird whoosing sounds as the flour dust that had collected in the sill air of the bakery exploded. 

Finally reacting, Mace started storing heat. Pushing a burning box off of himself, he stumbled to his feet, but immediately regretted it. Smoke filled his lungs. He wished that he'd had the foresight to store some extra breath. 

Mace fell to his hands and knees and started crawling through the burning rubble. His eyes stung. Finally, he reached the door. Getting to his feet once more, he rammed it with his shoulder, using some extra strength to reduce it to splinters after a few good hits. Just as he was about to step outside, he was thrown into the street by the force of a secondary explosion. 

As Mace lay in the gutter watching the bakery burn, he started emptying one of his goldminds. A crowd had started to gather. One or two of them looked like they were considering going into to see what they could steal from the burning building. The crowd was so diverse, full of - there. Mace spotted Jaco, smiling like a madman, dancing through the crowds. He seemed to be reveling in the destruction he'd caused. 

Mace got to his feet. "Out of my way!" he shouted, pushing aside bystanders as he charged toward the arsonist. He wanted answers, and there was only one way to get them. "Don't let him get away!"

I have no idea how Mace is going to learn about that. He might just think you're crazy for a while. :lol:

Jaco bolted like a scared deer. Mace gave chase, pushing through the crowd to get to him. "STOP THAT MAN!" he bellowed. "HE STOLE THAT WOMAN'S PURSE!" 

As Jaco continued down the street, Mace turned into a side alleyway. Drawing on some extra speed, he zoomed through the empty side streets to get ahead of him. He then jumped back out onto the main road to tackle Jaco. To avoid hurting him, he skimmed some of his weight so the blow wasn't so painful. 

Edited by Archer