Divided We Fall

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Tension on the Horizon?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 3: DWF?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am thinking about it
  3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 2: TotH?

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • Uh... I still didn't know what was happening in Phase 1. Phase 2 is out of the question.

Soul was interrupted from his conversation with his awakened earring by a letter that appeared out of nowhere. Quickly he read the invitation.

”Huh, no weapons policy? I wonder how they will enforce that with knights radiant around. Will they ban spren?”

”Not sure how well that would work.” El interjected. “We are basically incorporeal after all.”

”Ah well. Luckily with you,” Soul said, addressing his new metalmind. “I won’t lose control and start killing people.”

This should be interesting. Soul thought. An important announcement will be made, probably sending everything into a new stage and messing up many people’s plans. Soul would need to contact his allies, namely Naermen, who he heard was the great Gancho Libre’s new champion. Soul stood up, walked out of his fortress and lashed himself into the distance.

It was a dark and stormy night.

A man steps out of the darkness. I need revenge for what they have done to me, Anthony Nightshade. He slowly walks up to the buildings. "I will get revenge on Harmony by destroying this building full of sleeping children," he whispers. Wait, no! I can't kill them! There innocents! He turns to walk away, then he remembered something. (flashback) "Anthony! Help!" she said! Then a beam fell between them, hitting one of his eyes, ruining it. "NO!" he yells. Later, men who had stopped the fire found him, sitting in the burned house. His wife had been crippled, and his daughter had broken her arm. He blamed Harmony for this. Ge grabbed his armor from the wreckage. Before he left he bought a new, fireproof, stone house for his wife and daughter. He promised them he would be back soon. As he thinks of this, something inside him snaps. He turns back toward the building, his eye glinting. As he walked away, his eyepatch illuminated in the firelight, screams of pain in his ears, he thought to himself, I will need a new name. From now on, I will be Hellbent. I will never break my word.

Edited by Ark1002

Solace left the office and was confronted by ZhiShu. 

"Ah. Hello master." He said, taking his hand.

Sucking in voidlight he Elsecalled them to Rhazien's mansion.

Rhazien, now God Beyond, did not like being woken up from his nap. He looked at Leya. "You woke me up from my nap. Why did you do that?"

8 hours ago, Mraize said:

Rhazien, now God Beyond, did not like being woken up from his nap. He looked at Leya. "You woke me up from my nap. Why did you do that?"

Wow, I massively missed out on some story here. :blink:

Nalizar fell up out of the perpendicularity in the Horneater peaks, paying no mind to the awestruck Horneaters gawking and bowing and generally worshipping him, though he did breathe in more Stormlight and lash himself towards Urithiru.

He had a mission to accomplish.

Naermen just stood there. Before her was... desolation. Ruins. The vaguely familiar landscape in front of her was devastated.

'Yes...' came the voice from above. 'The Epics have rules for years now...'

Naermen couldn't speak. couldn't move. She opened her mouth, but no sound came out. She cleared her throat, but before she could utter a word, the beige mist came around her once more. 

"what is it?" she asked into the mist.

'We,...' came the voice, sounding mistified*, 'Got mail,'

*Oh yes puns.

A lone figure floated in an endless void, its eyes closed and its body leaned back peacefully, seeming content to drift through the endless dark.

A small flash of light appeared in front of it, causing one of its eyes to open and its slight smile to slip into a frown.

"Fine. Let it in." The figure said.

Another flash of light appeared, revealing a small letter.
The figure quickly scanned the letter.

"A party? I'll send the..." The voice emanating from the figure trailed off as it stared into the distance.
"Dead? Well that's irritating. Rocks that have a working circulatory system don't exactly grow on trees. Well, not outside of here anyway."

The figure sighed and began staring at the letter again, pondering. Obliterating the universe as vengeance seemed like it might be a bit of an overreaction, but Storm it, he'd liked that rock and they even took the spikes from its body!

One of his own identity spikes was not something he wanted to leave lying around the place.

"Guess I'll go partying then." The figure stated.

Veil ran into the entrance of Rhaizens mansion and ran into his room, finding him talking to Leya. 

Veil, out of breath and panting said to Rhaizen "Sorry I took so long, there were a lot of delays, had to kill some rulers on the way here. Anyway, I have a question for you that's of life or death importance."

14 hours ago, ShardBreaker said:

Veil ran into the entrance of Rhaizens mansion and ran into his room, finding him talking to Leya.

They are in the Beyond...

Solace and ZhiShu walked into the house looking at all the decorations that Veil had put up.

"He really did a good job, didn't he?" ZhiShu commented.

Solace just nodded speechless.

Edited by Mraize

57 minutes ago, Mraize said:
1 hour ago, ShardBreaker said:

They are in the Beyond...

WIll update this post with story content later

If this hasn't been discussed with others, I should just say it's usually not great form to hijack the most powerful character in the universe and then just substitute yourself in their place.
I mean this is literal god (beyond) modding.

Naermen was flying again, and they blessedly avoided that folding sensation she had experienced before. She had only got a glimpse of the world she has been sent to, but it frightened her. 

Mainly because she could tell it was the same place as Leya's house, only much, much different at the same time.

They began to slow, and Naermen sighed in relief. she was still shaking, and while she trusted the beige mist, she didn't know what would happen to her as they zipped around places beyond the cosmere.

"Where are we now?" Naermen asked aloud. "What mail?"

'An invitation,' the mist said into her mind. 'To a party,'

Naermen paused. "A party?" she asked.

'Yes,' the voice said tersely. Naermen wondered why the mist would be tense.

"Why do I care?" Naermen asked.

'Because...' the mist said, then paused.

"What?" Naermen asked, pulling Nei'an's coat closer to her in suspense.

'It's being thrown... by Rhazien,'

Naermen fell speechless.

12 hours ago, Voidus said:

If this hasn't been discussed with others, I should just say it's usually not great form to hijack the most powerful character in the universe and then just substitute yourself in their place.
I mean this is literal god (beyond) modding.

Yes, yes, I know. It wasn't going to be permanent. Though I was going to do something interesting with the temporary role.

Rhazien looked at Leya. "Yes, I was going to offer you honorary membership to my guild. But I noticed that one of my members killed you. I offer you something else. Revenge."

Solace walked into the ballroom. "I think it is time to add cautionary measures so no one dies."

A great tower loomed in the distance. Nalizar had been falling for hours, and was almost out of Stormlight. As he reached the tower, he saw he wasn't the only one who had taken to the skies. A whole legion of men wearing blue were chasing each other around with various weapons. And one of them was dominating. 

He held a spear. 

I suppose I could take a little detour...

With effort, Solace drew Aon Edo on the floor, the walls, the pillars, anything in the ballroom that could be destroyed. His many years of research, and ahving others apply it taught him many things. These Aons would disappear just after the party. Now the rest of the house required it. He sighed. Motioning for a servent to fetch Ghostblood Elantrians. He did not want to do it himself. He had left ZhiShu to attend to leadership as the mantle had not offically-rather publicly-been passed to him. 

He casually walked up to the wall, pressing a few buttons disguised into the it. He seemingly passed through it. He couldn't Elsecall into said room as the machine in there fed on investiture. The setting of the diameter of the machine's operational limit was set to just outside the room. Should he attempt to elsecall into the room. He would find himself either stuck in a wall or just outside it in the hall. He was safe as long as he didn't use any investiture. If he did, the machine would leech any and all investiture from him leaving him empty, returning him to the way he was before using it. He shuddered, it was a great machine. He had made sure that there were plenty of false buttons that could be pressed as well. There were some twenty buttons but only one of those buttons and the dial that worked. The on switch that activated the harmonium device. The other buttons were linked to some diabolical trap connected to them. He smiled. Turning up the machine's diameter of effect to surround the entire building. Afterwards he left taking care that no one saw him exit.

Edited by Mraize

Naermen could think, couldn't breathe, couldn't move. Rhazien was alive?

"Then..." Naermen said. She faltered, then tried again. "Then what in the Cosmere are we doing? Why are we going? I thought we established that he was a terrible person!"

The mist seemed to sigh. 'I have certain... things I need to do. Promises I made. One of these involves going to the party,'

Naermen was shaking with anger. "I have to attend a party being hosted by Nei'an's murderer because a strange beige mist I never asked for made promises? Why don't you just go?"

The mist shook. 'It will be a good chance we need to take,' it said.

"A chance for what?" Naermen asked. "A chance for Rhazien to see me, decide he liked Nei'an's coat, kill me, and take it?"

'No!' the mist said. 'I promise that at the first sign of danger I will get you out. but it will be a good opportunity to find teachers for you,'

Naermen fell silent. "Fine," she said. "When is it?"

'I think,' said the mist, 'It'll be in a couple weeks,'

Naermen frowned. "Then why are we leaving right now?"

'I thought,' the mist said, shaking off the slightly defensive tone it had adopted earlier in the conversation, 'That you should have a weapon. There aren't any allowed in the party itself, but if there is trouble, at least you can defend yourself if we're chased,'

"What kind of weapon is it?" Naermen asked.

'See it yourself. I had the instructions given to a Rosharan Fabrisan. Let's see if you like it,'

The flying feeling wore off completely, and once the mist evaporated into a cloud above her, Naermen could see her surroundings. She was in a small concrete room with a single table in the middle. Naermen approached the table, marveling at the masterpiece resting on top. It was long and made of a heavy material. Gemstones glowed inside of it. A long tube extended in front and a strange triangle-shaped device attached to the back.

"What is it?" Naermen asked.

'On Earth,' the mist above her said with a tone of pride, 'They call it a sniper,'

++ ASSASSSINATION BEGINS ++

Minutes before (as in, time skip backwards)

Right as Solace reached his door, a massive, glowing glaive burst through the wood and straight into Solace's chest. 

The glaive twisted, and something yanked Solace back into the room. The wielder was revealed as a grey-armored space marine, who twisted his weapon and slammed it point-first into the ground, impaling him on the floor.

The marine let go of his weapon and knelt by Solace, quickly rifling through his clothes and removing any infused gemstones on him. He crushed these in his massive hand, the Stormlight drifting into the air like smoke.

The marine stood back up and grabbed the haft of his glaive, yanking it out of Solace's chest. And then, in one swift swing, he beheaded Solace.

++ ASSASSSINATION ENDS ++

Veil, after asking some servants, determined that Solace was in his guest quarters. Time to make my grand appearance, he thought ro himself as he stood outside Solace's door. 

Veil shoved open the door with a cry, yelling "I am here now!" As he burst in he saw that there was something on the floor. A corpse to be exact. Solace's corpse.  Even though his head was detached, Veil started yelling for a healer, and instructed the servants to cover the body. 

"Just wait till Rhaizen hears about this." Veil muttered under his breath as he planned Solace's funeral.