Divided We Fall

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Tension on the Horizon?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 3: DWF?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am thinking about it
  3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 2: TotH?

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • Uh... I still didn't know what was happening in Phase 1. Phase 2 is out of the question.

It had been a month since Rhazien and Yzabet were married. That said their honeymoon was cut short once people had pursued him, one his honeymoon. The nerve these people had! He had only left his place of sanctuary only a few time on the promise he would use Aon Shao. The Aon he had studied non stop in his time in hiding. He had found the Aviar he had originally attempted to bargain before everyone had tried to kill him. He sighed, and pulling up his sleeve to see the black poisoning spreading through his veins. His entire arm were nearly black. Thankfully it was spreading upward, so Yzabet couldn't see what was happening to him, though the upward spread brought him closer to death.

He returned to this work of Bloodsealing. He had just picked it up from the books he borrowed. The man he took them from wouldn't mind as he was dead. He carved in the final touches and applied the blood to insignia and pressed it against the skeleton in front of him. The creature awoke with the symbol on its head glowing for a moment. He placed a fresh vial of blood beneath the skeletons nose.

"Track this person and eliminate them." He commanded, giving it one of his aluminum swords.

The target wasn't important but it was necessary to see if the creature was functional.

On 6/5/2018 at 5:02 PM, LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian said:

Again Mraize, read other people's posts.

I have only had time for skimming I apologize. Although I don't remember where my wound was, TBH, so I put it on my upper arm. So tell me if i need to fix it again please. I also have several writes up that I need to live to be able to post. More than two months, closer to eight.. I can go comatose if you wish.

Rhazien stroked the feathers of his newly acquired Aviar friend. He had decided to contact two people, using the Tia cards Rhazien had stolen from under Mace's nose. He waited anxiously for Kane or Li TaiRu to arrive, as they would personally tutor him in their respected arts. He only needed basic knowledge. He continued to stroke the bird, whom he had decided to name Marion the R O C K Pepe, because he did know the original name of the bird, nor did he care. Rhazien sat in a contemplative mood as he waited.

Edited by Mraize

Location: Abandoned area in the Roughs, Scadrial. There's a small ghost town, to the North of it is an old ranch. Near that is an underground safehouse. 

It was too dark to see well. Thick clouds hung overhead, blocking all the afternoon sunlight. Mace frowned, contemplating how best to continue his work. He kept missing the nails he tried to strike. Giving up in disgust, he decided that repairing the porch could be left for another time. As he slowly rose to his feet, his legs spasmed in agony. He’d been pushing himself too hard to store health, he knew that. But he also knew that he’d need it eventually, so he persisted, constantly skimming it and other attributes. 

When he got to his feet, he took a moment to admire the building in front of him. A single level above ground, it sprawled out to either side of him. The ranch had been inherited from his grandfather, and had been in the family for generations. He hadn’t spent much time at it recently, and it showed. Some of the façade was chipped, the paint had seen better days, and the garden had long since been overtaken by an invasive species of plant his father had brought home from Roshar. But it didn’t matter. Even if the dozens of rooms inside were in shoddy condition, they could still be used if needed. All that was needed was a little dusting and the repair of a few floorboards.

Not that he planned to spend much time in the house anyway. The ranch was mostly just for show. Generations ago there had been a thriving giraffe population to care for, but since then the animals had dwindled away. No one had lived in the building for years. The real fun was all underground these days.

Mace dusted himself off and turned away from the building. Tapping his tin metalmind he spared a glance to the south. Downhill, a couple of kilometers away, lay a ghost town. A suspicious fire had killed most of the residents, and the ones who survived had been forced out by roving bands of bandits. The Roughs was no place for the weak. As he looked, the roof a stable finally gave way and crumbled to the ground. Mac would have to visit the town later, some of the still standing buildings were home to edible vermin. Fresh game would be a nice change to his simple menu that he shared with his guest.

Mace continued on his way. After making his way down a beaten dirt path for a minute, he came upon his destination. Set into the side of a low hill was a stone doorway, reminiscent of a tomb. Mace’s family had originally intended for it to house the dead, but they had later modernized and renovated it. It had started with a small renovation, then progressed over the years to become a full underground lair. It had everything he could want, including designated rooms, carved hallways, escape tunnels, ventilation, and a killer game room. As Mace approached he pressed on a small rock near the door. Since the door was unlocked, it quietly slipped to the side, opened by a hidden mechanism. Stone doors were hard to keep clean but were worth it for the extra security they provided.

As the hot Scadrial sun beat down on him, Mace took one last breath of fresh air. He had much to do to prepare. In the distance, lighting crackled and it began to rain. Mace sighed, then walked into the heart of the hill.

"We've been here a full week and I already hate this place." 

"Oh stop complaining Tev." Tessi said. "Nalthis isn't that bad, I kinda like it" 

"No for real I have a headache from all of these colors"

"Well its a good thing we got what we wanted, isn't it Jeraldisius?"

"What in the world?" Tevarah looked at Tessi staring at one of the lifeless they had purchased. "Tessi they aren't really alive and I thought I told you not to name them; and who in the world comes up with a name like Jeraldisius anyway?"

"I can do whatever I want" Tessi huffed. "Im not a have to obey stuck in the cognitive realm spren anymore, so there. She paused for a moment then said, and I think Jeraldithius is a fine name."

"You know what? I dont want to argue with you." Tevarah stated.

"Good. One Tessi! zero Tevarah. So how do you suppose we're going to get these to the Ally Village?"

Tevarah scratched his head. "We are going to have to use the rest of the gemstones we gathered in Roshar, we can sell the stormlight here for a premium, then we will have enough money to buy our tickets home."

"Hmm sounds good, so that will pay for us and them?" Tessi gestured behind them.

"Yes it will and when we get home we have alot of work to do." Tevarah turned around to the thousand some odd lifeless soldiers "alot of work indeed." Then gave the order to start marching out of the city.

Edited by Jehoiada

Akrasia sat.

Akrasia had been sitting for, how long had it been? He did not know, but judging by his stomachs grumbling complaints and parched through it had been several days. He was calm, collected, focused, and for the first time in quite awhile in control of himself. Basking in the clarity days of meditation had brought, he had a new purpose and a plan.

Akrasia sat, how long had it been?

Long enough.

A crack boomed from the sky. Had anyone been outside, they would have seen a flare of light as a flaming drop pod* burst through the atmosphere, streaking towards the Roughs.

As it was, the first indication of its presence was when the drop pod smashed into Mace's ranch house, plowing through half the structure before stopping, leaving a deep trench in its wake. Its sides were scorched from re-entry, covered in black soot. What was left of the house behind it seemed to have caught fire, where it wasn't scattered across the ground in tiny pieces.

The pod sat there for a few seconds, then its front popped off, revealing Drako He'Stan, surrounded by three other space marines. He glanced around and cursed, before noticing Rhazien. He scratched his the back of his helmet sheepishly.

"Sorry about that?" he said helplessly. Behind him, one of the remaining walls crashed to the ground, throwing sparks into the air, and he winced.

*A drop pod is a giant metal box used to deploy troops from space, usually by dropping them from orbit. It's slightly more advanced than that, but you get the gist.

Edited by Grey Knight

16 minutes ago, Grey Knight said:

"Sorry about that?" he said helplessly. Behind him, one of the remaining walls crashed to the ground, throwing sparks into the air, and he winced.

"Not my place, I could careless." Rhazien said, with a wave of a hand.

He sat in his chair, legs up on the desk. These two items has somehow survived the crash. The roof 

"Though you did manage to locate me, which wasn't supposed to happen for at least another month. Eh, well, planning is invaluable but most of the time one must improvise."

He casually stood up, and against his better judgement turned his back on Drako. He went over, ruffled through some of the mess, and picked up a bag, similar to a duffel bag, and slung it over his shoulder. 

"Now, I must be off. Though I will say you thoroughly interrupted my plans. If there isn't any else you need then, other than killing me I might add, I will be going." He said setting down a pair of letters addressed to Yzabet and Mace on the desk.

"Don't leave just yet," Drako said, motioning to one of the marines behind him. The marine, Tu'Pac, passed up a human-sized broadsword in a black scabbard.

"I haven't come here to fight," he continued, stepping down from the drop pod. He winced as his armored boot crashed through the floorboards. "Quite the opposite, actually."

Edited by Grey Knight

"Aw, whosa cutey wooty widdle pooty? Are you cutey wooty widdle pooty?" Yzabet said, cupping the small creature in her hands. It stared up at her in interest, judging the jumping distance between it's current position and her nose.

It was a spider.

The crooning from the cluttered room could be heard all over TUBA headquarters. The general opinion was that any time that Yzabet was pampering her spiders was a good time - most other times all you heard from her landmine lab/bedroom/chemical dump/library were minor explosions, occasional screaming, and the hiss of poisons mixing with strong fertilizers. Probably the most feared noise produced by Yzabet was when she exited the danger zone and proclaimed that "Little X has escaped, the smart little thing". Sometimes X was a large, poisonous, intelligent spider. Sometimes X was a plant. Sometimes X was a never-before-seen creature created from where toxins had mixed.

Today, Yzabet had come back to say goodbye. She and Rhazien had run around after their honeymoon trying to figure out the normal things that newly married couples do, like where they would live, who was the breadwinner, and what they would do with all of the crockpots that they had gotten as wedding presents. There were fourteen.

Yzabet had been in the process of grabbing some clothes when she had come across her "cutey wooty widdle pooty", a jumping spider the size of a Brazilian Wandering Spider. 

"I have to go back to daddy. I'm sorry, baby. You'll have to fend for yourself, won't you? You'll have to grow up, just like the rest of us." Yzabet sighed at that, and set down her pet, then gathered the rest of her things into a backpack. Rhazien had promised a ranchhouse in the Roughs on Scadrial, which seemed like a decent place to stay. She might even be able to relocate her lab, but right now they just needed to get everything in order.

"I'll be back, babies!" She called, kissing the leaf of a plant. The plant started oozing.

Yzabet closed and locked the door behind her. On the insistence of her fellow TUBA members, she had made it so that the door could be locked from the outside, but not unlocked from the inside. It was time to go to her new home.

And I'd just fixed the porch too :(

On a technical note, if Rhazien leaves this area, know that we're totally going to follow you Mraize. It's often easiest when everyone's in the same general area anyway

While Rhazien was distracted talking, Mace very quickly (tapping speed) slipped in and grabbed his letter. He stood off to the side of the talking men to read it

26 minutes ago, Archer said:

On a technical note, if Rhazien leaves this area, know that we're totally going to follow you Mraize. It's often easiest when everyone's in the same general area anyway

I figured Tevarah and Tessi were nearby, and I'd go find them.

Rhazien pulled his Aon imbued sword from its scabbard, in doing so revealed four glowing tattoos, the Aons the had imprinted on his arm and placed its tip in the rubble. "Just in case you get any ideas." He said with a tight smile.

And if you could narrate what the letter says, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

EDIT: @5ith Ideal this is the one, it's a continuation from Tension on the Horizon, but we moved so we started a new topic. Good spot to come in

Edited by Archer

I've decided completely. Leya is a Skybreaker of the second oath. She hasn't met her Highspren yet. This is just to kind of have her be here. She's not doing anything important as of yet.

Leya rode through the village of the Roughs on horseback. She would prefer to be flying, but stormlight is limited outside of Roshar. Outside of an emergency, she would have to continue to simply use a horse. The village nearby had clearly been ravaged by bandits. As a Skybreaker, it was her responsibility to hunt them down. Suddenly she spotted a man on horseback riding far in the distance. Lashing herself in that direction, she quickly caught up to the man. It was no contest. She simply rammed into the man, before stabbing her Crystin dagger into the mans face. Justice has been served.

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

And if you could narrate what the letter says, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Meaning to...

The letter to Mace is as follows.

My first and foremost friend,

I intend to tell you a part of my plans I have in mind for the Alleyverse. This come at a price, however. I as you to watch over Yzabet. I have a limited time to ascend and accomplish what I have set out to do before my life ends. You see I have been poisoned, one that resists Stormlight, and I am sure Feruchemical gold and the 5th heightening, though I have not tried. Even I do not know how long I have until I make a person trip into the Beyond. I do however know that I must accomplish a piece of my plan before passing it on to my successor, who shall do unnamed. This quest, I speak of is to stop a great evil from destroying the Alleyverse and it's inhabitants. I am sure that I will not live to see this part completed. I had hoped to remove the World spike and give each a piece of power. TUBA, end-positive investiture, The Ghostbloods, End-neutral, and Allow the DA to keep their end-negative power. I am naive in this area and I am unsure if this will work. I do however know that I can merge the physical realm and the cognitive realms to allow the Dor to permeate some of the Alleyverse, and perhaps solidify a part of it. This power will be put to good use by my successor and given to the Ghostbloods as a source of power, to help them defeat what is coming, among the uses we have planned for the Dor. At this time friend, I ask you to trust in what I am doing and not hinder my progress, as I am nearly dead and close to ascension, how ever much a pseudo-ascension it may be, I will have enough time and power to complete my goals. I also ask you to burn this letter as soon as you can, to ensure it does not fall into the wrong hands, as that could be disastrous.

Respectfully,

Rhazien Montegue, Head of the Ghostbloods.

17.thumb.PNG.f522b9521fcb4e7b275f827532d54306.PNG.156b9b18a605b531fdf9a48019c86131.PNG

Mace nodded respectfully. He committed the letter to memory, then placed it on some smoldering embers nearby. As he watched the letter catch fire, he thought long and hard about pineapples the future. He knew one thing though, if it was his old friend's wish that he watch over Yzabet, then he would see it done. 

Edited by Archer

Yzabet left the TUBA headquarters. She dodged several traps that [TOP SECRET] . Most of them were of her own design, and [TOP SECRET]. The TUBA headquarters were impossible to break into without [TOP SECRET], which had so far put off several [TOP SECRET] who had attempted to [TOP SECRET] . Yzabet stepped into the TUBA headquarter's Scadrial building, a small bakery on the edge of Elendel. On her back was a pack full of clothes and other miscellaneous items, and at her side was a sphere pouch full of Stormlight. All that she needed was money, so that she could actually get where she needed to be.

Usually she hired herself out as a bouncer or bodyguard whenever she needed some extra cash, but she didn't have time for that. Yzabet would just have to walk. Or she could steal a horse. That would work.

Prancing up to a cab, Yzabet took a moment to pet the horse, then used Adhesion to slip off all of it's tack. She'd only ridden a horse a few times before, and never bareback, but she'd use Adhesion to stay on. Tossing the cab driver a sphere - more than enough to buy the horse - Yzabet mounted and rode off.

Li TaiRu was moving about his home in Urithiru when one of his servents came up to him and handed over a letter marked with a seal baring Aon Ati “Brightlord a letter from one Raizan”

”Thank you Laan” he said and prseaded to open it. After reading it He ordered her to look after the his rooms while he was gone. Once he was alone he tap the Aon on the Letter appearing a few hundred yards out side a abandoned barn 

"And here you are!" The man in the black robe said. He was a very enthusiastic man gesturing wildly. "To the famous land the Roughs; on the great planet Scadrial!" 

"Yeah yeah, the great planet." Tevarah mocked. Look I wanna get out of here as soon as possible. How long do you think it'll be until we get to the alley-village?"

"Well you see I have to dig up some old contacts and that might take awhile, but to get out of here / maybe a week, to get to the alley-village three weeks."

"Sounds reasonable." Tevarah looked over to Tessi. "Give the command to the soldiers, we camp here. I will be scouting, so you're in charge till I get back."

Soul crashed into ruined buildings and saw the corpse of a giant bird like monster. Not a single person was around. 

“Now where the storms did everybody go?” Thinking quickly he decided that wherever everybody was, it probably was very entertaining and involved waffles. Lashing himself back into the sky he left to go meet up with his allies.