Kelsier is Trell

Gancho Libre

18 hours ago, Llarimar said:

I personally thought it was funny and understood from the OP that Gancho Libre was half joking.  I think that pretty much everyone who's commented here is "laughing" in the way that was intended, Royal Dingus, and it doesn't seem to me that Gancho is acting defensive and pretending like the OP wasn't a joke, and so there's no need to make fun of the attempt at humor.  I also don't think anyone's mad, Gancho, although I can only speak for myself - I think it's an interesting theory, honestly, if easily disprovable.  I think it's fun to throw out random ideas like this just to stir the pot.  And I think it would be great for you to share you other fake theory, I would love to read it.

I don't want to be a troll or anything Royal Dingus, but you did mention Gancho Libre's 800-post content count as part of your argument, so I supposed it's free game, but I would just point out that you probably don't have enough posts yourself to be talking about your "reputation," or to say that half of your reputation came from one thread.  To respond to a joking, three word OP - "Think about it." - which such a thorough takedown is a little over the top.    

EDIT: This is courteous response, Royal Dingus, I hadn't noticed it when I wrote my original post.  Like Royal Dingus, If I were to make one suggestion, Gancho, I would say that you might want to label these things with "joke theory" in the future.  Great talking, I hope no one's upset!    

Touche. I'm... really not good with people (no trollness or offense taken :)). I realized I was kinda rude earlier, and so yup, wrote that response. Sorry if I got you down, Gancho. Didn't mean to be so harsh.

8 hours ago, Calderis said:

Questioner (paraphrased)

Is Hoid part of the...?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Hoid is not part of the Seventeenth Shard. They're trying to chase him down.

8 hours ago, ScarletSabre said:

I have no idea how I missed/forgot these WOBs! Hmmm... I still think Kelsier is involved with the 17th shard, but perhaps he was their founder and then was forced out of the organisation when they decided on nonintervention.... And became Trell.

Hmmm... if you look at these two quotes back to back... and then recall that Kelsier had tried to stop Hoid in Mistborn Secret History...

It makes even more sense! Kelsier was the founder of the 17th Shard, and that's why they're trying to hunt down Hoid - their old master imprinted some things on them before he left. And he's still trying to stop Hoid even though he was kicked out of the Shard...

4 hours ago, RShara said:

I really don't think any organization that Kelsier founded would evolve into non-intervention.

Seems to me his organisation would only involve maximum intervention. That group is going to up in everyone's business.

On 05/06/2018 at 5:36 PM, RShara said:

I really don't think any organization that Kelsier founded would evolve into non-intervention.

Unless it was originally founded as an information gathering organisation... Let's not forget, as of SH Kelsier realised they had very little knowledge of the Cosmere and decided to fix that, and came to the realisation that his actions caused more Ruin than Preservation.

He could have tried to change his ways and start the 17th Shard as an information gathering spy network, who only moved when necessary or after gathering relevant information.

Or who are just trying to keep Scadrial safe by limiting contact or interferance from outside, like the IRE were planning. And let's face it, Hoid is a meddler on a galactic scale sometimes, even if it's only in subtle ways and usually to aid our protagonists in some way...

One thing to bear in mind is that the Seventeenth Shard has at least one member who was definitely around long before Kelsier and who has made a conscious choice to prolong his life for all that time: Baon. He must have had a reason to leave Taldain and hang around long past his normal lifespan in the first place (contrast Galladon who's also older than Kelsier but naturally immortal) and it's clearly not just watching out for Khriss because they're not working directly together in the 'present'. Doesn't necessarily mean the Seventeenth Shard has existed for that long (Brandon of course RAFO'd a question on how old it is) but it's worth considering.

On 5/31/2018 at 5:52 PM, Gancho Libre said:

Think about it.

Warning: This is a joke theory (unless it turns out to be right) :)

I thought you were going to say that Kelsier may have taken Autonomy from Tanavast Bavadan... and I like that idea... 

Kelsier was all about having Autonomy over your own life and affairs. 

Edited by teknopathetic

8 minutes ago, teknopathetic said:

I thought you were going to say that Kelsier may have taken Autonomy from Tanavast... and I like that idea...

Kelsier was all about having Autonomy over your own life and affairs. 

Tanavast held Honor, not Autonomy...

you guys are great. Royal Dingus its all good. I've learned a lot.

Also, if nobody's mentioned this little bit of info, how else would someone basically come back to life.... unless with a shard?

then, the shard's influence turns said basically dead person against sazed?

hmmmmm? :)

3 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

you guys are great. Royal Dingus its all good. I've learned a lot.

Also, if nobody's mentioned this little bit of info, how else would someone basically come back to life.... unless with a shard?

then, the shard's influence turns said basically dead person against sazed?

hmmmmm? :)

You sure you want to op n the "how did Kel get a body back?" can of worms? 

Everyone has a theory, myself included. 

• Chaos locked this topic