Kelsier is Trell

Gancho Libre

'Trellium' is a godmetal meaning that 'Trell' is a Shard. Brandon has said Trellium is from a Shard we know. Those are all pretty well accoumted for and Kelsier would have issues Ascending to anythimg but especially to any non-Scadrian Shard. The evidence all points well to 'Trell' being Autonomy or a Splinter thereof.

23 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

Think about it.

He isn't. There is no plausible scenario in which Kelsier could be Trell.

9 minutes ago, Gancho Libre said:

Think about it some more. You'll see I am right.

Nope. I see you are obviously wrong. I suspect you are either trolling or on drugs.

Who else would hate Scadrial for the paradise that it is (comparatively) unless... it was still run by a hierarchy?

First Scadrial isn't a paradise. A small section of the planet is near paradise. Most of the planet is barely habitable. Trellium is a Godmetal. Kelsier is not a shard.

ya know, this started as a fake theory long ago, but now after trying to convince my family it is true I half believe it.

I notice you have no counterargument. I see the doubts in your mind. ignore them, you know I am right...

I already provided a couple that quite sink this theory. 'Trell' is a Shard or at least the Splinter of a Shard, this much is absolutely certain. The only Shards that Kelsier has Connection to are being held by Sazed and as a Cognitive Shadow it is very difficult (though not impossible) for Kelsier to go anywhere else. And Trell represents a Shard that we know, all of which are currently either being held by someone or are splintered and not in a position to be picked up by our favorite Survivor. And Harmony is the only Shard on Scadrial at the time of Era 2.

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

Is the metal that Bleeder was associated with and had, is the Shard associated with that metal the same entity that's calling itself Trell?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Yes.

source

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

Could a Threnody Shade survive on another world?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Theoretically, yes. But they are highly Invested, and leaving a world where you're highly Invested behind when you have that Investiture is difficult, as Kelsier discovered, and as most spren discover.

source

Chaos

I'm sorry Brandon, you might RAFO me.

*written* For the metal in Bleeder, is it from a Shard we know?

Brandon Sanderson

Oh no… You drove all this way, that's what makes me. Eric comes and he's like--

Chaos

You RAFO'd me at Words of Radiance--

Brandon Sanderson

I know.

Chaos

--I asked you a question that was too much.

Brandon Sanderson

…you push, yeah… There you are you got your answer. You got me.

*writes* Yes.

Footnote: at that time we knew 9 Shards: Devotion, Dominion, Preservation, Ruin, Odium, Honor, Cultivation, Endowment and Autonomy
source

Questioner

As of Shadows of Self, how many Shards are there on Scadrial?

Brandon Sanderson

*nervous laugh* There are two [...] Harmony counts as two Shards. I do mean it that way, and I am giving you clarification so you don't all freak out.

source

So yeah, Kelsier =/= Trell

I, the Weltall, have spoken. You may applaud as you feel is appropriate. :D

Edited by Weltall

I'm just wondering Gancho Libre, but what exactly are you trying to accomplish here? You aren't really convincing anyone, and from what I've seen not too many people are laughing, and even if it was as a joke, you seem to be defending it as if it weren't even though people are clearly arguing against it. I might have said upvotes (this may come hand in hand with the laughing part), but you don't seem to be getting too many.

Besides this fact you yourself have admitted that it was "a fake theory [made] long ago" (also you're a High Prelan and have over 800 posts) - why didn't you mention this from the start and save people the trouble of arguing against it? If they thought it was funny, and knew it was a joke, it might be easier for them to play along. I made a joke theory once, starting it with: "Now, I know this really isn't true, but just pretend it is for a minute and let's see how far we can take it." I'm pretty sure half my reputation came from that one thread.

I, the Weltall, have spoken. You may applaud as you feel is appropriate. :D

*clap clap clap*

Edited by theRoyalDingus

On 5/31/2018 at 7:22 PM, Weltall said:

'Trellium' is a godmetal meaning that 'Trell' is a Shard. Brandon has said Trellium is from a Shard we know. Those are all pretty well accoumted for and Kelsier would have issues Ascending to anythimg but especially to any non-Scadrian Shard. The evidence all points well to 'Trell' being Autonomy or a Splinter thereof.

So... you say Trellium is a godmetal, but wouldn’t it be named after the shard, not the splinter? So if it really was Autonomy wouldn’t it be bavadinium or something? Also assuming that Trell is not a splinter, that would only leave one shard we don’t know the name of that we do know... Cultivation. Just saying. Probably not likely though.

25 minutes ago, Ishar said:

So... you say Trellium is a godmetal, but wouldn’t it be named after the shard, not the splinter? So if it really was Autonomy wouldn’t it be bavadinium or something? Also assuming that Trell is not a splinter, that would only leave one shard we don’t know the name of that we do know... Cultivation. Just saying. Probably not likely though.

From the Coppermind Article:

This article's title is uncanonical and a fan created one, because an official term or name has not been made yet.

So... you are essentially correct. Trellium is just a placeholder for the name of whichever Vessel is actually responsible.

Edited by The One Who Connects
incomplete

And as a placeholder name, it has been approved by Brandon. 

Questioner

Is there a name we can use for Paalm's metal, or should we just go with trellium?

Brandon Sanderson

Trellium will do. Yeah. Go ahead and call it trellium.

source

But considering that "from a Shard we know" that Weltall linked, there's no question. It's from a Shard. 

wow. there goes my battleship. I dunno why everyone's mad about this. I thought it was obvious it was a joke because my only evidence was 'think about it,'

oh, well. there are a time and place, I guess.

I'll keep my other fake theory to myself :)

I apologize for any misinterpretations of this, I have learned a lot from this expirience.

Edited by Gancho Libre

On 6/2/2018 at 7:08 AM, Gancho Libre said:

wow. there goes my battleship. I dunno why everyone's mad about this. I thought it was obvious it was a joke because my only evidence was 'think about it,'

I apologize for any misinterpretations of this, I have learned a lot from this expirience.

I apologize if I tried to sink it too hard. It just didn't really seem like a fake theory because there wasn't really that much identifying it as such. I would suggest perhaps tagging it as "humorous" or "joke theory", and then perhaps stating it once again in the initial post. Good luck with it in the future!

On 6/1/2018 at 5:28 PM, theRoyalDingus said:

I'm just wondering Gancho Libre, but what exactly are you trying to accomplish here? You aren't really convincing anyone, and from what I've seen not too many people are laughing, and even if it was as a joke, you seem to be defending it as if it weren't even though people are clearly arguing against it. I might have said upvotes (this may come hand in hand with the laughing part), but you don't seem to be getting too many.

On 6/2/2018 at 7:08 AM, Gancho Libre said:

I personally thought it was funny and understood from the OP that Gancho Libre was half joking.  I think that pretty much everyone who's commented here is "laughing" in the way that was intended, Royal Dingus, and it doesn't seem to me that Gancho is acting defensive and pretending like the OP wasn't a joke, and so there's no need to make fun of the attempt at humor.  I also don't think anyone's mad, Gancho, although I can only speak for myself - I think it's an interesting theory, honestly, if easily disprovable.  I think it's fun to throw out random ideas like this just to stir the pot.  And I think it would be great for you to share you other fake theory, I would love to read it.

On 6/1/2018 at 5:28 PM, theRoyalDingus said:

Besides this fact you yourself have admitted that it was "a fake theory [made] long ago" (also you're a High Prelan and have over 800 posts) - why didn't you mention this from the start and save people the trouble of arguing against it? If they thought it was funny, and knew it was a joke, it might be easier for them to play along. I made a joke theory once, starting it with: "Now, I know this really isn't true, but just pretend it is for a minute and let's see how far we can take it." I'm pretty sure half my reputation came from that one thread.

I don't want to be a troll or anything Royal Dingus, but you did mention Gancho Libre's 800-post content count as part of your argument, so I supposed it's free game, but I would just point out that you probably don't have enough posts yourself to be talking about your "reputation," or to say that half of your reputation came from one thread.  To respond to a joking, three word OP - "Think about it." - which such a thorough takedown is a little over the top.    

1 hour ago, theRoyalDingus said:

I apologize if I tried to sink it too hard. It just didn't really seem like a fake theory because there wasn't really that much identifying it as such. I would suggest perhaps tagging it as "humorous" or "joke theory", and then perhaps stating it once again in the initial post. Good luck with it in the future!

EDIT: This is courteous response, Royal Dingus, I hadn't noticed it when I wrote my original post.  Like Royal Dingus, If I were to make one suggestion, Gancho, I would say that you might want to label these things with "joke theory" in the future.  Great talking, I hope no one's upset!    

Edited by Llarimar

What if maybe, just maybe Trell is Autonomy and Kelsier has somehow managed to become Autonomy's avatar on Scadrial and is planning to take that power for himself? It's super far-fetched... but hey, at least it's one way for Kelsier to be Trell :D

I still think Kelsier is the leader of the 17th Shard, since Demoux was on Roshar with others hunting Hoid, and was one of the most fervent worshippers of Kel.

Plus the idea of Kelsier going on a Cosmere-wide recruiting montage to get Galladon and Baon and others is just too awesome to not be true. Rule of Cool, guys! :D

7 minutes ago, Calderis said:

@ScarletSabre I can't see Kel being involved in a group based on nonintervention.

Now the Ghostbloods... 

Nonintervention? I recall they were hunting Hoid, and we haven't learned anything else of their agenda or motives... Plus, with Kelsier learning of the Sixteen shards in Secret History, it makes sense that he would have Seventeenth as his group name since it'd be just his cocky style.

Just now, ScarletSabre said:

Nonintervention? I recall they were hunting Hoid, and we haven't learned anything else of their agenda or motives... Plus, with Kelsier learning of the Sixteen shards in Secret History, it makes sense that he would have Seventeenth as his group name since it'd be just his cocky style.

The Seventeenth Shard is dedicated to nonintervention. They are hunting Hoid specifically because he is an intrusive, and disruptive, element on all of the world's he visits. 

Questioner (paraphrased)

Demoux. Him, also being in the Interlude. How is that one...

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

He is part of a group called the Seventeenth Shard. [They] are is cosmere-aware and travel around the planets and have a kind of pact of non-intervention. Which they aren't doing a very good job on, because they brought the common cold to Roshar.

Questioner (paraphrased)

How did he actually find out about this?

I will give you [a RAFO card], because I will answer about the Seventeenth Shard eventually.

Questioner (paraphrased)

*inaudible*

The Seventeenth Shard will have a big role to play in future books.

Questioner (paraphrased)

Is Hoid part of the...?

Hoid is not part of the Seventeenth Shard. They're trying to chase him down.

source

Questioner

The Seventeenth Shard—is their purpose limited solely to tracking down Hoid? Or all Worldhoppers or is it something grander than that?

Brandon Sanderson

No, they have other stuff. It is grander than that.

Questioner

He's just one of many priorities?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. They are very worried about what he's going to be doing.

Questioner

But there's others they're worried about as well?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes... They have a task, they have goals, and they are worried that he is going to be [at] cross purposes to them, so is trying to hunt him down.

source

2 minutes ago, Calderis said:

The Seventeenth Shard is dedicated to nonintervention. They are hunting Hoid specifically because he is an intrusive, and disruptive, element on all of the world's he visits. 

I have no idea how I missed/forgot these WOBs! Hmmm... I still think Kelsier is involved with the 17th shard, but perhaps he was their founder and then was forced out of the organisation when they decided on nonintervention.... And became Trell.