11 hours ago, Elandera said:

Yes, I know there's such a thing as bussing. But tell me this, why would Rath bus Rand, breaking a tie by placing a vote on him, when there was a second option under just as much suspicion? The only thing I can think is that if Rath is elim, so is Straw. 

I saw that post, and it does make me less sure about him, but the fact that Rand explicitly asked Rath “do you want to retract?” and Rath said “no” smells of distancing to me. It could be village!Rath keeping his vote on Rand, but...the interaction just seems very convenient. Also, I still want a Rath lynch for the information it would grant us. 

2 hours ago, Elandera said:

Walin (Bill Ted) - Don't agree with playstyle, but don't think they're elim.
Manukos - Too few posts to get a good read, which at this point leaves me suspicious.
Snipexe (Exetes the Wandering Artist) - Mostly village considering the giant claim hasn't been contradicted.
Fifth Scholar (Plaristocrates) - Despite his madness, I'd definitely have to say village. His crazed nature about Rath and Sart seem too much to be elim.
Dalinar Kholin (Reginald Canuk) - Village leaning, though with recent drop in activity .
Straw (Straw) - On my suspicion list, but also going into inactivity. I may just let time run its course.
Mr. Doctor (Dead Private Hobbert) - Feels honest village, though I'm starting to second guess myself and wonder if he's an elim who's really good at hiding.
Sart (Grandpa Lace) - Though I've been going back and forth on this one a bit, I'm keeping them at a solid neutral. Some of the D2 lynch votes still make me wary, but the belief eliminators couldn't have rum/dagger roles seemed an honest village mistake.
Elandera - Village, because I know my role. However, I haven't been playing smart and can understand others wary opinions of me.
Burnt Spaghetti - Another neutral, though leaning toward village at the moment.
Elbereth (Elenta) - Neutral (Max)
Rathmaskal (Rath) - Slight village. Breaking that tie on the Rand/Straw debate holds a lot of weight for me in this.

I like this readslist, as I mostly agree with it. I would contest you on two points: Rath and Straw. Straw seems mostly OK to me, as he’s being accused of “Straw things” that he’s typically village for, and Rath I maintain a slight eli read of. In addition, I kinda see you as suspicious, though I’m not exactly sure why (I’ll look at it later, hopefully), and I’m pushing Dalinar and Sart both to neutral so I can get a better look at both when I have time. 

Hrm. i just had a thought. Snips claimed giant. I'm inclined to believe them, really. but. I'm also prone to paranoia so....  call me crazy but... can we test the claim? like, lynch to see? there doesn't seem to be much of a real lynch happening atm. and its like. Well. i had the thought,  would an elim fake  claim giant? cause its like, if someone counter claimed, they'd know who to hit at night. however would likely put that elim in a high risk of being killed. I dunno... just.. putting it out there

1 minute ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

Hrm. i just had a thought. Snips claimed giant. I'm inclined to believe them, really. but. I'm also prone to paranoia so....  call me crazy but... can we test the claim? like, lynch to see? there doesn't seem to be much of a real lynch happening atm. and its like. Well. i had the thought,  would an elim fake  claim giant? cause its like, if someone counter claimed, they'd know who to hit at night. however would likely put that elim in a high risk of being killed. I dunno... just.. putting it out there

Plausible, but the potential problem is that it costs us another player to the Elims' Night kill.

It's possible that I won't be around for rollover, but I'll do my best. I'll leave my vote and what may be my final thoughts for the Day here.

I can't say that I like the idea of lynching an active to find out more about another active. While on paper it looks like lynching Rath will let us either lynch or vindicate Fifth and potentially kill 2 Elims in a row, we can't guarantee that. If both of them die, then we're down to 3 or 4 active players. That's sort of depressing, and furthermore it gives the Elims an easy run to kill off all of the active Villagers and then rule over a room full of inactives. Currently we don't have much information, and while we can "spend" a player to gain more, I think that we're getting to the point where every player is valuable, and a consistently active player is doubly so.

On the other hand, if Rath flips Elim, then we learn that Fifth is probably less insane than we thought, and we're most likely down to 1 Elim left. The counterargument to the smaller active pool is that it'll be easier to pick out the bad apples, and that might get us the win-con (assuming that the remaining Elim isn't an inactive). That's all very tempting, but I still feel like my previous point is still relevant. This is a time when spending active players is riskier and riskier, even for the information gain. I understand if other people want to take that risk, but I'm not willing to do the same.

I can't support a Rathmaskal lynch just yet. He reads well enough for me, he's defended himself adequately, and I don't feel quite desperate enough to go for Fifth's theory. I doubt that I can delay the Rath lynch, but I'll put my vote on Straw, because he's the most incriminating of the inactives so far. If Snipexe hadn't claimed and gone uncountered, my vote would be on him. Come next Cycle, I think that we'll be in a better position to lynch an active, because we'll have more information.

This is not a vote of great suspicion. I was never that convinced that Straw was worth lynching earlier when he was accumulating votes, but now I'm struggling for options and I don't have any decent suspicions on anyone else. But it's 1am for me, and I'm trying to not be sick in time for an exam in 3 days, so I'll provide more thoughts once I'm awake again. If things develop differently I may rescind this vote, but when I'm tired and sick this is the best that I can do.

Sorry, can't think of anything to sell you. But you know what I would buy? Another week of exam study and an unbeatable immune system.

*sigh*

I guess it's self-preservation vote again today...

Walin

Straw

I will note that I do actually have a slight amount of suspicion on Straw.  Cliff notes (I have quite a few meetings today that I need to get ready for...and I may not be out of the last one before rollover :/):

• I've been screaming for a few cycles now that someone on the elim side is likely to be amongst the more inactive players due to the relatively low number of votes it's taken to lynch a couple of the inactives.  HOWEVER, Straw has been active enough for the following:
  • D1, Abstain - I'm almost to the point where I agree that any of the D1 voting was NAI
  • On D2, Straw voted for Sart...which resulted in a tie (that Sart broke with rum) that could have saved Elenion
  • On D3, Straw voted for DoS, allowing rand to tie up the vote...which saved rand
  • D4, abstain not sure maybe busy?  Or trying to distance a bit after two straight protection votes?
  • D5 and D6, just voted for the runaway lynch targets
  • D7, abstain - Jondesu obviously flipped village, so since the two leading vote-getters were village, the elims could just chill and watch us eat each other.

Alright, we have only a third of our alive players placing a vote.

Straw (2) - Mr Doctor, Rathmaskal
Rath (2) - Fifth, Elandera

Once again, I encourage others to step in and place a vote. @Walin@manukos@Snipexe@Dalinar Kholin@Straw@Sart@Burnt Spaghetti@Elbereth

----------------------

Lily wandered the hard stone corridors of the castle. She was not doing any better than her pirate comrades at finding the traitors among them, so she decided to no longer lead. Maybe someone else would have better luck. Then a smell caught her off guard. Food! Delicious food meant for a wedding so dramatically interrupted. They wouldn't the food anymore, considering the Prince was in hiding and Buttercup was so quickly killed.

Lily followed her nose and found a kitchen empty of workers, but full of food. She dug in. After nearly a half hour of pigging out, she licked her fingers clean of the steak and cake, and started to make her way out when something caught her eye. She snatched a bag off the counter and went to meet up again with her comrades.

"Anybody want a peanut?" she asked as she approached them. She held out the bag. "One copper penny for a taste of the best peanuts in the land!"

13 hours ago, Elandera said:

If you can't tell, I'm running into a bit of a problem. I'm reading pretty much everyone as village! These last two lynches have taught me I can't trust myself. So I will concede to Fifth. I really hope you're right. Rathmaskal. If they do flip elim, then we have a good amount to learn. If they flip village, we'll learn Fifth has gone completely mad.

Haha, I'm having the opposite problem...I'm reading most people as elim to some degree right now...  (Guess that happens when you're under fire?)

Edited by Rathmaskal

Dang, I’m not gonna be active enough to get a good post for the fashion today. Let it be known that I would try to sell some air guitars with which you say “excellent” while using them.

Rath I don’t want to lynch active players...but, 

Lets say we mislynch Rath, and they’re village. While that’s one less active player, the information it provides is still has more value then lynching an inactive like Straw.

If Rath is village then it’s highly likely that either fifth or Elandera is an elim

If Rath is elim then Fifth and Elandera are very likely cleared (it’s really late game to bus a team mate) We can also examine all of Rath’s posts to gain more info

If Straw is village, it’s just another inactive villager dead. At least one of the votes on him is a self preservation vote, and the other is focused on not lynching active players.

If straw is an elim, their lacking of posting provides is nearly no info besides semi clearing Rath (if he’s Humperdink it could be worth it) semi clearing mr. Doctor. Other then that we gain almost nothing from a straw elim death.

I don't suspect the two vote candidates. So, I'll offer a third. Walin is my best bet right now. Fifth is claiming there is an active Elim putting in the kills. However, he didn't consider Walin to be active. That isn't correct. Walin is active, he just isn't voting. Because of that strategy, I haven't gotten a village read on him, which is less than I can say about the other candidates. Therefore, I'm putting my vote on him.

Rath stormed through the castle, looking for Humperdinck and the 6-fingered count.

With Inigo dead, and Wesley in a stupor, unable to fend for himself, Rath felt an obligation to fulfill their quests.

"Show yourselves you vile fiends!"

The prince has no honor, who (other than the Lannisters and Freys of course) would attempt a murder at a wedding?!

After rounding another corner, he saw a group of people dressed as pirates  "Come friends, we must find the count and the prince!  Surely we must not allow our captain's love go unavenged!"

"Actually, Rath, if that's your real name, we think you're to blame."

"ME?!  How could you possible imagine it was me who is responsible for the travesty that has arisen in this castle?  Now, I know I just joined the crew a few weeks ago, but hear me out!  I am as loyal to the captain as any of you!"

"You helped lynch the Spaniard!"

"No I didn't...  I saw a fleeting glimpse of what I thought to be the 6-fingered man.  After catching up with my foe, I realized it was, in fact, my friend and I turned to find another foe.  Unfortunately, the mob struck before I had a chance to determine who to chase next."

"You've only slain one of the prince's guards!"

"Yeah...and?"

"Well, we just don't like you.  If we kill you, then maybe we'll be able to tell who Humperdinck is hiding as!"

*sigh* "He's here...I can feel it...him or the count...  Don't let them fool you!"

"Enough, it is done!  Your time is over!"

"Maybe Max can save me!"

"If life is pain, you should have the castle be infested with cacti! They would all be poked and maybe they would actually do something!"
"Alvron, they have done something. They let the old Man in Black die. Let her die of poison on the ground."
"But that's not exciting enough! What about that newer pirate, the one everyone is suspicious of?"
"Yeah, they went and killed him too. Their numbers were starting to dwindle. At this rate, it was possible the pirates might just all kill themselves off."
"Well, at this rate, the Guards have been a lot more exciting in comparison to the pirates. Daring murders! Exploring the edge of the unknown!"
"You have an odd idea of what kind of person you should have as a role model. Maybe I should start reading another book to you."
"No, no, Grandpa! I want to see how this ends! Will they all fall asleep and let the guards murder them as they do nothing? Will they all actually wake up and manage to destroy the guards? Will they all wake up and still let the guards dupe them? So much chaos! Especially if you add some cacti for them to step on."
"...Ok. We'll say they bashed Rath to death using a cactus."
"Fantastic."

Rathmaskal (4): Fifth Scholar, Elandera, Snipexe, Straw
Straw (2): Mr Doctor, Rathmaskal
Walin (1): Sart

Rathmaskal has been lynched! He is Mostly Dead.
Val is totally dead! She was a Pirate/ex-MIB

Spoiler

1. Walin (Bill Ted)

2. Bort (Asu Wish)  Prince's Guard

3. Manukos

4. Araris Valerian (Araris) Princess/Buttercup

5. Cadmium Compounder (Indigo Montoya)  Pirate with a Parrot

6. Devotary of Spontaneity (Polydactylous Pterrodactyle)  Spaniard

7. Drake Marshall Pirate

8. Hemalurgic Headshot (Leonard Wilkins) Pirate with a Parrot

9. Snipexe (Exetes the Wandering Artist)

10. Fifth Scholar (Plaristocrates)

11. Jondesu (Q) Pirate with Rum

12. Elenion (Shree King Eelz) Prince's Guard with Parrot

13. Roadwalker (Brutus Kowd) Pirate with a Dagger

14. Doc12 (D. Senfalo) Pirate

15. Dalinar Kholin (Reginald Canuk)

16. Bugsy (Dread Pirate Cummerbund) Pirate with a Dagger

17. Kidpen (Incan C. Vable) Pirate

18. Straw (Straw)

19. Mr. Doctor (Dead Private Hobbert)

20. Val (Val) Man in Black/ Pirate

21. Randuir (Captain K.C. Grumbleton)  Prince's Guard

22. Sart (Grandpa Lace)

23. Elandera

24. Burnt Spaghetti

25. Elbereth (Elenta)

26. Rebecca (Sir Shrei King Eel)  Pirate

27. Rathmaskal (Rath) Mostly Dead

ora_1530140400.png

*whispers* Shhh... Nobody talk... Let's see if we can drive Steel into maddness! :D

On a serious note, it is rather unfortunate Elbereth hasn't been able to be active. But maybe it's best not to prolong this.

If I get the chance, I want to see which players have been hanging on the fringes of inactivity. Those posting just enough to stay alive, but not contributing a whole lot. I honestly feel going after the few remaining actives will just lead us to killing off a bunch of village while elims sit back and laugh without having to raise a finger.

3 minutes ago, Elandera said:

*whispers* Shhh... Nobody talk... Let's see if we can drive Steel into maddness! :D

On a serious note, it is rather unfortunate Elbereth hasn't been able to be active. But maybe it's best not to prolong this.

If I get the chance, I want to see which players have been hanging on the fringes of inactivity. Those posting just enough to stay alive, but not contributing a whole lot. I honestly feel going after the few remaining actives will just lead us to killing off a bunch of village while elims sit back and laugh without having to raise a finger.

Y’all and this lynching inactives thing. Maybe I shouldn’t complain because I can stay fairly active and therefore away from the lynch, but this strategy will just kill discussion in a different way. Lynching actives kills discussion by killing discussers, but killing inactives kills discussion because you can’t draw much from people who don’t talk. TL;DR either way we reduce discussion so let’s just kill who we find suspicious rather than picking a group and hunting in it.

7 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Y’all and this lynching inactives thing. Maybe I shouldn’t complain because I can stay fairly active and therefore away from the lynch, but this strategy will just kill discussion in a different way. Lynching actives kills discussion by killing discussers, but killing inactives kills discussion because you can’t draw much from people who don’t talk. TL;DR either way we reduce discussion so let’s just kill who we find suspicious rather than picking a group and hunting in it.

I say it because I don't find anyone suspicious among the active group. Otherwise I'd be all for killing one of the actives if I believed they were elim. As of now, I'll hold off on further analysis until we see how Rath flips, though based on write up, it appeared she was a pirate.

Given the posts of the last Cycle, this is what I've come up with.

The Actives

• Mr Doctor - other than a brief bit of inactivity last Cycle, I've been making a couple of posts consistently per turn. I'll be aiming to increase my activity to catch up.
  • Elandera - doing a good job of pinch-hitting, and has been one of the most active members since then.
  • Fifth Scholar - our resident madman, has been saying that he's only semi-active, but evidence points to the contrary.
  • Sart - has been a bit inconsistent with responding to specific pings and accusations, but makes a few posts every Cycle and I don't think that he's failed to vote yet.

The Sleepy Ones

• Dalinar Kholin - our resident Bondsmith, has been inactive recently for blue-text reasons, but hopefully should be waking up soon. Was active earlier in the game.
  • Walin - has stated that he's going to be as neutral as possible, to the point of not voting or offering any analysis. I don't see why he can't still offer analysis while remaining neutral.
  • Manukos - a pinch-hitter, making a couple of posts yesterday but hasn't voted on anyone and hasn't offered much discussion. Mentioned going back over the last two lynches to learn something.
  • Burnt Spaghetti - also a pinch-hitter, and might be the most active of the sleepy in terms of recent post count and contribution to discussion. Primarily active in PMs, which is good (but would be better to be active in the thread).
  • Snipexe - low post count all game, but voted yesterday, which is good. Might be coming out into the open to post more (I hope). Also expects to die tonight, however.

Mostly Mostly Dead

• Elbereth - almost guaranteed to be Max. Made very good discussion posts early on but dropped out of the thread and has been sleeping since. Is she likely to be replaced by a pinch-hitter soon?
  • Straw - consistently quiet all game with posts, but has still occasionally voted. In this category because he's being forced into inactivity with his own game now running.

You know, I could start up a coffee stall. I think that's what we need, given how sleepy everyone is. Anyone want to buy some coffee? It was brought all the way from our pirate ship! Yes, it's a little bit stale. Yes, the beans aren't "finely ground" so much as they are "vigorously shaken in a jar to break them up a little". But hey, coffee could do with a bit of a crunch to it, as I always say (given various interpretations of "always"). When you drink this crunchy coffee, it'll be like you're eating chips, and who doesn't love chips?

Hmm, coffee chips. I'll write that down for my next scam business venture.

Ghetti was very proud of her little stall. Shed used a combination of broken beds and bed sheets to make some lopsided form of a shelter with a pile of pillows acting as her table, with all her products neatly lined up on them. In a shimmery purple pen shed drawn up a banner that clearly demonstrated that she spent more time drawing than actually listening to the conspiracies being thrown around.  

" Piñata plushies! Pretty plushies filled with glitter, confetti and some candy! Beat them to death, tear out their stuffing, rip them open at the seams! Laugh at the glorious mess your devious ways have created!  You know you want one~ but at what price you ask? Simple! A trade of your choice!  A price of your choice! Barter! Strike, a deal :] " she cackles for a little before repeating her sales pitch on repeat.

@Elandera you've suggested a few times that we should be lynching inactives, but last cycle you voted Rath anyway. I know that it's not pleasant to kill someone solely because they aren't talking much, but given my list above, who do you think is the best option to lynch?

@Fifth Scholar you've got a lot riding on this lynch of Rath. If he flips Elim, then I assume that you're keen to go after Sart, or has that changed? If he flips Village, though, it doesn't look very good for you. What do you think that you will do in that case?

@Sart similar question for you that I put to Fifth. What will you do if Rath flips Elim, and likewise if he flips Village? Additionally, you mentioned that you didn't suspect either Straw or Rathmaskal, so you voted on Walin. Is Walin currently your only suspect? What are your thoughts on some others?

@Dalinar Kholin you've said that Sart is soft-cleared, and you wanted to look among those who were not soft-cleared to find the active Elim. Who else is soft-cleared in your eyes? Additionally, if Rath flips Elim, does Sart retain that read?

@Walin at this point, you're accumulating a bit of suspicion. For your own good you should start to become a bit more active. At this point, you're just dodging the lynch because not enough people have noticed you. Time to give them some reasons to not lynch you, if there are any.

@manukos how is your dive into the last two lynches going? You also said that you had some suspicions of us all being fooled, would you like to expand on that?

@Burnt Spaghetti you have about half of the players listed under "Hrmmmm". Are there any whom you would add or remove from that list given the developments since that post?

@Snipexe you were suspicious of both Fifth and Sart in previous Cycles. I was initially suspicious of that, but your claim vindicates you. What are your thoughts on them now? Additionally, since you believe that you are going to die tonight, is there anything you'd like to say before then? And may I offer to sell you this inconceivably comfortable coffin, for the low price of your pirate life insurance?

1 hour ago, Mr Doctor said:

@Elandera you've suggested a few times that we should be lynching inactives, but last cycle you voted Rath anyway. I know that it's not pleasant to kill someone solely because they aren't talking much, but given my list above, who do you think is the best option to lynch?

@Fifth Scholar you've got a lot riding on this lynch of Rath. If he flips Elim, then I assume that you're keen to go after Sart, or has that changed? If he flips Village, though, it doesn't look very good for you. What do you think that you will do in that case?

@Sart similar question for you that I put to Fifth. What will you do if Rath flips Elim, and likewise if he flips Village? Additionally, you mentioned that you didn't suspect either Straw or Rathmaskal, so you voted on Walin. Is Walin currently your only suspect? What are your thoughts on some others?

@Dalinar Kholin you've said that Sart is soft-cleared, and you wanted to look among those who were not soft-cleared to find the active Elim. Who else is soft-cleared in your eyes? Additionally, if Rath flips Elim, does Sart retain that read?

@Walin at this point, you're accumulating a bit of suspicion. For your own good you should start to become a bit more active. At this point, you're just dodging the lynch because not enough people have noticed you. Time to give them some reasons to not lynch you, if there are any.

@manukos how is your dive into the last two lynches going? You also said that you had some suspicions of us all being fooled, would you like to expand on that?

@Burnt Spaghetti you have about half of the players listed under "Hrmmmm". Are there any whom you would add or remove from that list given the developments since that post?

@Snipexe you were suspicious of both Fifth and Sart in previous Cycles. I was initially suspicious of that, but your claim vindicates you. What are your thoughts on them now? Additionally, since you believe that you are going to die tonight, is there anything you'd like to say before then? And may I offer to sell you this inconceivably comfortable coffin, for the low price of your pirate life insurance?

I'm leaning currently towards Burnt, but it's nothing substantial. I think I would prefer a Manukos lynch if I were to choose.

As for my vote on Rath, it was mostly because I decided I'm terrible at choosing who to lynch (look at my unfortunate misguided suspicions of Doc and Jon). It was also in part because Fifth was so insistent it was Rath, I decided to see if he was right. He's had a decent track record of suspecting the right people.

8 hours ago, Mr Doctor said:

Fifth Scholar - our resident madman, has been saying that he's only semi-active, but evidence points to the contrary.

It turns out summer camp’s schedules are actually kinda weird, and not consistently busy like I thought. They can be sporadically busy at times, though. 

4 hours ago, Mr Doctor said:

I will go after you if Rath is village an Eliminator. And if I’m wrong, then I’ll go after myself and hopefully be lynched into retirement in the depths of purgatory for my crimes against humanity back when I was a fearless raider. It’s a mislynch, but hey, I get access to all the information on who the Elims are in the dead doc. 

Edited by Fifth Scholar
Corrected first sentence of the second paragraph, which previously made no sense

4 hours ago, Elandera said:

I'm leaning currently towards Burnt, but it's nothing substantial. I think I would prefer a Manukos lynch if I were to choose.

As for my vote on Rath, it was mostly because I decided I'm terrible at choosing who to lynch (look at my unfortunate misguided suspicions of Doc and Jon). It was also in part because Fifth was so insistent it was Rath, I decided to see if he was right. He's had a decent track record of suspecting the right people.

So you're saying that Fifth is a genius of meta-fashion posts, because he sold his idea well to you?

In all seriousness, as much as I think more information helps us, I wasn't all that keen on spending players when there was still discussion to be had with them. I feel like the last lynch was something similar to the Doc12 lynch: no one really had any better suspicions, so might as well lynch someone and see what happens. I disagree that late-game is the time for it, but that's just me. The general inactivity makes it harder to judge players as much, which makes it sort of understandable, though.

2 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

It turns out summer camp’s schedules are actually kinda weird, and not consistently busy like I thought. They can be sporadically busy at times, though. 

That's good. I was worried that the thread would end up going even quieter.

2 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

I will go after you if Rath is village an Eliminator. And if I’m wrong, then I’ll go after myself and hopefully be lynched into retirement in the depths of purgatory for my crimes against humanity back when I was a fearless raider. It’s a mislynch, but hey, I get access to all the information on who the Elims are in the dead doc. 

Alright... Regardless of Rath's flip, I'd like some explanation. I'm happy to answer questions.

Edited by Mr Doctor
Edited Fifth's quote to match his edit.

Alright, I’m online, and I will say this: I have been quite inactive; I haven’t read almost any posts except the ones that mentioned me, and I thought I would disguise that by posting entirely neutral half-RP posts.

As I said earlier (about Night 2; not sure though), I mostly have the time to be active, but it’s a lot less time than I normally have, so I’m in the process of getting used to it. Regardless of my alignment, my inactivity means I’m not a good asset—so I should be lynched.

On the other hand, it means I’m not a threat, and that suspicion should remain on others who have pointed fingers of their own.

I’m going to stop being neutral pretty soon, if I don’t die; I think I’ve got enough info to analyze tonight and reveal in the morning.