Miscon 2018

Jess

I had a question that didn't get recorded. Unfortunately I have to paraphrase Brandon's answer, but fortunately it was pretty unambiguous.

Me: In one of the Mistborn epigraphs, Alendi quotes the prophecies about the Hero of Ages, and one of the lines is "His name shall be Discord" with a capital D. Was that line in the original prophecies?
Brandon said yes, and then to clarify, he asked something like, "You're asking if Ruin added that line."
Me: Or altered it.
To which Brandon said no, he did not.

9 hours ago, Glamdring804 said:

Alright, WoBs from my signed book. For the first one (Elantris), the question was "Could you Soul Forge a Nahel Bond?" The last word is "circumstances." The second question was "What does the Ire's Investiture drink taste like?

@hoiditthroughthegrapevine: I managed to ask the first question on your list. It got me a RAFO card. ;)

Rad! Thanks for asking that!

Might have been RAFOED because he didn't want to have to think about the translation of 3 Dimensional coordinates across realms. Could get sticky.

Nice personalization questions too. The right circumstances probably means that you have to have a willing spren who is in on the intent of the forgery (like you can create the necessary cracks in the spirit web and a compelling back story that aligns with the nature of the spren, but just creating a forged Nahel bond would not necessarily create the requisite spren).

Also interesting to know that the Ire are drinking powerade. I'm imaging the flavor and sensation to be like the distinctive tang of a 9 volt battery on the tongue.

1 hour ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Might have been RAFOED because he didn't want to have to think about the translation of 3 Dimensional coordinates across realms. Could get sticky.

I very much suspect it was RAFOed because we will see someone take a spanreed into Shadesmar in a future book. I remember a similar thing occurring with what a Highstorm looks like in Shadesmar. 

The personalization questions were actually my sorta throwaway questions. I expected the Nahel Bond one to get RAFOed. I have some better questions which should be up on Arcanum soon. 

On 5/28/2018 at 4:16 PM, Jess said:

I had a question that didn't get recorded. Unfortunately I have to paraphrase Brandon's answer, but fortunately it was pretty unambiguous.

Me: In one of the Mistborn epigraphs, Alendi quotes the prophecies about the Hero of Ages, and one of the lines is "His name shall be Discord" with a capital D. Was that line in the original prophecies?
Brandon said yes, and then to clarify, he asked something like, "You're asking if Ruin added that line."
Me: Or altered it.
To which Brandon said no, he did not.

Interesting, as Discord is the opposite of Unity (another suspected possible shard)

3 hours ago, teknopathetic said:

Interesting, as Discord is the opposite of Unity (another suspected possible shard)

I think Discord is the opposite of Harmony. Autonomy would be the opposite of Unity. I hope this doesn't mean that Sazed's personality will warp in the future, causing him to become Discord instead of Harmony. 

Edited by zebobes

4 minutes ago, zebobes said:

I think Discord is the opposite of Harmony. Autonomy would be the opposite of Unity. I hope this doesn't mean that Sazed's personality will warp in the future, causing him to become Discord instead of Harmony. 

I had a dream about this very thing, about 4 years ago.  I wrote about it here--Sazed's future

• 2 months later...