Verified Locations for Unreleased Books/Chapters and Sample Chapters of Published Books

Both of those are the same link, actually.

I don't think there will be any big issues with posting links to things that Brandon himself has made publicly available, and Chaos had no problem with it in the other thread. So I think this thread should be fine.

That said, I think we should make it clear in this thread that nothing that is unpublished is cannon, just to make sure we don't accidentally cause any confusion on that issue. Especially considering all the cosmere-ish stuff that can be found in the Liar sample chapters.

EDIT:

I don't think the Well of Acension chapters should be listed in this thread, since that was published a while ago. I'm not sure about Alloy of Law being here either, but I guess since it's not being released officially till later this year...

Important info about Brandon's unpublished works

When reading chapters of something unpublished, keep in mind that nothing in them is finalized, nothing is cannon. Anything in them can and often will be contradicted by published books. They can still provide interesting tidbits of insight into Brandon's thoughts at the time and the direction he was planning for the cosmere, but don't be in a rush to base any theories off of what you see in them.

In case anyone isn't already familiar with the books mentioned above...

Scribbler/Rithmatist

As far as I know, this book is not a part of the cosmere, and thus has no connections to other cosmere books. It's also a book that I think has a pretty good chance of being published, though of course if it does its final form may be rather different than those old sample chapters.

Lair of Partinel

This is a cosmere book. It's related to another unpublished work called Dragonsteel, being one of two books originally planned to take place several hundred years before Dragonsteel, on the same world.

If you're confused about the start of that book, click the spoiler tag below.

Though I am not sure if Brandon has ever 100% confirmed this, the Hoid that dies at the start of Liar is not the same Hoid as the one we know from the other cosmere books. Rather, his apprentice Midius takes on the name Hoid and becomes the person we all know and love.

Mistborn Alloy of Law

A new book in the Mistborn world, taking place a few hundred years after the end of the trilogy. Unlike the other books listed here, Alloy of Law is being published this Nov, and the chapters linked above are offical sample chapters. So what you read there is cannon.

Edited by Chaos
Corrected the spelling of Partinel.

In addition, those Scribbler chapters are of an old version. They will probably be revised in some fashion.

EDIT: Explanations could be nice.

Edited by Chaos

I was going to do just the unpublished stuff but decided to combine it into one big location that could be pinned for anyone looking for any sample chapters and books. Do we want explanations for the books or not needed?

Darn mod edits making my post make no sense now... :P

I'd say there's probably not much need for explanations for any published works, but a little bit of background for the unpublished works would be a good idea.

In addition, those Scribbler chapters are of an old version. They will probably be revised in some fashion.

EDIT: Explanations could be nice.

Yeah I'll work on explanations as I get time and I plan on keeping this as up to date with new chapters and books as they come up.

Actually, I was refering to how mycoltbug was able to edit his post without causing the "edited by" thing to appear, so I now quote part of a post that doesn't seem to have ever existed.

It's a ghost!!!

Here's another Liar of Partinel link.

http://www.brandonsanderson.com/drafts/warbreaker/LiarPt12.doc

Also, I think I remember hearing something about there being a few Mistborn Prime and/or Final Empire Prime chapters up. Though since one of those was apparantly the worst book Brandon ever wrote, I'm not sure how much effort we should make to find them. :D Maybe my memory is wrong and they weren't posted anyways.

nice. I think this topic is a great idea. However,i think this would be better suited in the general "brandon discussion" section, rather than the theories section

Also: I'm gonna sticky this. This is worthy of staying at the top for any and all new people.

The Ultimate List of Questions is over 100 long. You're beyond fine :P

Yeah, while there's nothing wrong with a thread running long, I do think the use of spoiler tags could make this one in particular easier to digest and find what you want as it grows longer.

Just something like:

Misborn Chapters:

The final empire

ch1

ch2

The well of ascension

ch3

The hero of ages

ch2

ch4

alloy of law

ch1

Elantris chapters:

ch1

ch2

etc.

I would personally prefer not using spoiler tags. If anything, make a new topic with separate posts for series, and try and cobble a table of contents where you can link to each post.