Tension on the Horizon

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Calm Before the Storm?

2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 2: TotH?

3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 1: CBtS

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • I honestly had no clue what was going on

10 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

Archer, does your rule apply in reverse? If a character is OP, then can we bring in an army?

I would like to note, that this rule doesn’t apply if you are being ganged up on. If multiple PC’s fight you, you Can’t get more powerful to combat them. 

Yes, and yes

Rhazien hesitated. Anger was flowing off of her. He thought twice about soothing Yzabet. Not only was he low on metal but his touch would be noticed. Where she had weapons on her person namely a bastard sword on her waist and a rifle propped against the statue, Rhazien had none but his Dakhor strength and speed. 

"Yzabet." He said again. "Why are you here? Are you alone?"

"I came to check up on you. See how you are. If you need to be brought back to a safe place," Her voice was harsh. "And I left my experiments long enough to hear that you're doing.... something." She glared, arms still at her sides, making it clear that she was the one in control here. Rhaizen looked uncomfortable. He should be. She wasn't a weak woman, even without powers. And she was also an Edgedancer of the fourth ideal, though she hadn't made that public to him.

"What are you doing?"

16 minutes ago, LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian said:

'What are the blades made of Soul?'

"They are made of an aluminum alloy." Soul responded in a monotone voice, no emotion or personality at all. "They are stronger and heavier then traditional aluminum, yet cannot be affected by investure. All my weapons are made of this same alloy." 

"There are many powerful people here." El said in his mind, "We need to know who we can trust before we let our concentration slip."

Soul didn't move or open his eyes throughout this, and started burning aluminum as a precaution against anyone else messing with him. El was right, caution would have to be exercised here, even though everyone was supposed to be temporary allies, it never hurt to be careful.

"What am I doing? Gather every single investiture for..." He trailed off. "I need more investiture of a project of mine."

He raised a hand to scratch his chin and was surprised to touch scruff. It had been longer than a day that was evident enough by the beard. Normally he was clean shaven most of the time. He looked into her eyes, they weren't her normal color but rather took on a clear, translucent color. 

"How did you find me? I doubt the Dakhor released my lodging en masse." He said. "Although a better question is how did you acquire one of my honor blades? Which one? Abrasion and progression?"

Yzabet tilted her head, her curiosity overwhelming her for just a moment.

"Honorblades? You have honorblades...... And you need investiture." Her eyes widened slightly. You're assuming. Her spren, Jael, reminded her. Good scientists don't make assumptions. But he doesn't feel right. He feels very, very, very wrong.... Stay guarded. This place is evil. Yzabet blinked, making careful eye contact with him.

"Rhaizen, what sort of systems of Investiture? Obviously you have honorblades, but what else have you got? There are some systems that are more..... corrupted than others. You know that." He knows that. He knows what he's doing.

Oh Storms.

Outside of Lopen's compound, the sky lights up with a giant green laser, shooting through a gateway. It hits Sel's second Moon, blowing it to pieces, and scattering it across the solar system.

Hopefully that wont bother us later. Mac stands up and brushes off his jacket, thankfully, nothing appears to be damaged. It was close, but Mac had dived through the gateway seconds before the penguins had shot him with the death star. Storm those penguins, we should kill them all. 

Calm it down buddy, you've been using the one power. Your right. But I don't care. What happened to the note that Lopen sent you? 

Moments before, a man appeared in the middle of the negotiations, giving Mac a note that said something about the Avenger's initiative. It also told Mac to spike up. Storm it, I forgot my spikes. Mac quickly teleported to his lab, where he inserted all of his spikes. He now had upwards of 60. 32 for the metallic arts, 20 for both surge binding and voidbinding, and 2 that were filled with breath, and an additional 6 for power in Channeling, and 6 more for power in sand mastery. That wasen't counting the miscilaneous spikes he had for things like an evil laugh. Finally, it was time.

He grabbed his shashka and iceblade, and prepared his entrance.

This time he was going to be simple, not too intimidating. He just summoned a whirlwind of fire, in the middle of Lopen's courtyard, and teleported himself into the middle of it. All the while protecting himself from the flames. 

He stood there, trying to use his lifesense to see who was out there. There was Lopen, a few guys from the alleyvillage, and AHA! there he was. Aaric. The newest member of the DA.

Aaric needed his spikes. 

Mac grinned, this was going to be a shock for some of these people. He released his weaves and stepped into the courtyard. Running, he grabs Aaric and throws him over his shoulder. "Don't worry, you're going to love this," He sprints him inside of the nearest building where he lays him on the bed and removes the 16 spike from jars of blood that were concealed in his robes. Laughing with glee, Mac stabs Aaric 16 times, all across his body. Nothing was comparable to the joy of using hemalurgy. Watching him writhe in pain, Mac stands back, and says the final part of the ritual. "Welcome to the DA. The disclaimer applies."

"You have no Honorblade? Then why are your eyes glassy? No we can talk about that later. When I said all I meant all. As for what I have. I have breaths stored in my previous clothes, two Unkeyed metal minds copper and bronze, I can used Aons, or supposedly I can. I also used to have stormlight. All I have on my body is the Dakhor transformation. I need to converse with the Gragdet to get my stuff back. I was out for a few days. He told me my spren went to see Sja-anat, apparently. I am just so alone." He found himself rambling, which he didn't do normally. He was sure she wasn't soothing or rioting him. 

In a whisper he asked once more, "how did you find me?"

Gaining control of his newly spiked body, Aaric rises from the table. "Thanks, Mac," he says (after reading the disclaimer, of course). "I should be able to teach the others the Metallic Arts now, I think... it might take me a while to get used to Allomancy though."

Yzabet started at the mention of Dakhor. She'd expected hemalurgy, but Dakhor was the next worse thing. He seemed almost desperate. Like he had back then, when they had been closer, so much closer....  Yzabet blinked, ignoring the memories.

"I watch my friends. I made a tracking agent long ago that glows under a certain type of light. It sticks around for a couple years once in your skin."

He left out the mention of hemalurgy on purpose, or his falling out with Mace and TUBA. If Yzabet ever found out it could mean the end of everything for him. If she left him then he was truly alone with no one to trust. He reached out to touch her. 

"What do you plan on doing next? I would appreciate it if you came with me to get bloodsealings and forgery." He said softly.

Septimus stood outside of the Dakhor monastery. Alone. The monks undoubtedly knew he was here, they most likely had lookouts and spies everywhere. They were a secretive bunch. So rather then attempting to sneak in, he simply approached the grand oak doors, and knocked. Whether he would be allowed in, turned back, or attacked he would have to see.

Edited by Blazenella

She could see his hesitation, his pain, the way that he was stiff, like he had been beaten or tortured. What could she say? What needed to be said?

"I know why you left TUBA. I know why you left us."

.....That probably wasn't it.

"here let me give you this." Mac reached into his suit and brought out a coppermind with allomatic memories reserved in it. Giving it to Aaric, he warned him "Be careful, we haven't been able to spike in perfect memory yet. The memories will degrade." 

Moving out of the building he saw the team sitting there. "You will excuse me for not knowing your names, or abilities. Would It be possible for y'all to say what your powers are? The rest of the team will need to know this as well if we are able to work together," Seeing how half the group was looking at him in fear, and the other half had already run away, Mac realized that he still had all of his spikes in, "Wait! no! Sorry, I don't normally look like this! Uhh." Mac sighed as those running away failed to return.

"Yes. Because of your storming pride. You'd rather be with the group of people that you founded - people over whom you have power - than with those who actually care about you. Proud and power-hungry, that's all that you are." That.... That last barb hadn't been intentional, but it slipped out anyway. Yzabet squared her shoulders, lifted her chin, crossed her arms, and stared at where his eyes would have been.