Tension on the Horizon

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Calm Before the Storm?

2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 2: TotH?

3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 1: CBtS

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • I honestly had no clue what was going on

Rhazien woke strapped to a table, unable to see. He knew he wasn't blind, but he could see due to the level of darkness in the room. The room he lay in was silent. Only the sound of his breathing reached his ears. He struggled against the cords that bound him but to no avail.

"Atha! I need you," he hissed. 

There was no answer from his spren. Though a voice did speak. 

"You spren is gone, she has left to see the Taker of Secrets." The voice said.

Rhazien couldn't make out where the person was but he could make out a general location. He voice had sounded near his feet. He struggled some more at the thought of losing his spren and his ability to surgebind. 

"It is time to begin." The voice said. 

A candle was lit and a hood pulled back. Rhazien stared in horror at the creature before him. The man seemed to be a fusion of Dakhor monk and inquisitor. Two large spikes replaced the eyes and Rhazien could see the spike in the mans chest where the robe didn't hide the metal. People were filed in all tied together by a string around their necks. The man began to chant and Rhazien screamed, emitting a very guttural painful noise. Before he blacked out he stored his first memory.

The wind blew gently through the grass, making the individual blades of grass seem as if they were dancing. Rhazien stood overlooking the Alleyvillage, upon a grassy cliffside. He returned his gaze to his three companions; Akrasia, Mac, and Lopen. He approached them three honorblades stuck hilt up the ground before each. Looked at each of them before speaking.

"As soon as you swear the Oath you are entitled to these baldes before you. Be warned, should you break the oath, I and whoever should be with me in the Ghostbloods upon the breaking of your Oath will seek to wipe every trace of your essence from the face of all three realms." He told them, stonefaced. "I now as you each to swear the Oath of Loyalty."

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely support and defend the Ghostbloods and its decrees against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; to forsake all other guilds and clans within the Alleyverse. That I will bear arms on behalf of the Ghostbloods when required by the Council; that I will gather all information, intelligence, and recruitment (when necessary) when required by the Council; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the Council; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me Adonalsium." Each said in unison. 

"Let the Alleyverse tremble at this day, for we shall rule them." Rhazien said, overlooking the alleyverse, with hand streched forth. "There will be a day where we have ultamate power over this place and it's people. It will be glorious."

When Rhazien awoke he felt stronger, faster, more powerful. He noticed that he was no longer on a table but a comfortable mattress. He stood dressing in a Dakhor rode that was provided for him. Upon exiting his abode, he came face to face with the inquisitor monk.

"walk with me." He commanded. 

"Who are you?" Rhazien asked. 

"My name is Vatheson." He replied.

"what does Wyrn require of me?" Another question.

"that you complete your collection." Came the answer. 

"What exactly did you do to me?"

"we gave you the ability of enhanced strength and speed as well as negate and resist Aons. It required the death of fifty innocents."

"I see."

"this was the price you had to pay to acquire this power."

"I know." Rhazien said. "I must return to the Alleyverse." 

"Of course you must but not now. The othe selish abilities you seek are here." Vatheson informed him. "I tell you two things. The first it that we Dakhor monks will fight with you when the time comes. You have earned our respect. The second is that you will face a old friend who you pass through these doors." 

Rhazien paused. He stood in front of a large double oaken door.  He pushed it open to confront whoever waited inside. 

If you have questions or are just reading this for the first time wondering what is going on then click here to read Phase 1

I'm pretty sure I fixed all the fourt- GREAT SCOTT! WHAT IS THAT?!

Sorry guys, I think some of the beings from the other side got through. If you see one, slay it for me. Thanks. 

Also Mraize, it's great that you're having fun hanging out with your creepy BFFs, but if you want anyone else to participate in this you're going to have to come back to that Alleyverse, where we will be waiting to kill hug you.

Just saying, I'm sorry that this starts outside of the Alleyverse but I move back. I kind of had to go off world for my purposes.

Septimus stood under the shadow of a rocky spire, a hood shielding his eyes from the blistering sun that rained scorching heat from above. The sand at his feet almost glowed. The Lord Mastrell stood before him. It had been a week since he reached Taldain, barely getting in, Autonomy hadn't been cooperative. He had been learning how to connect to the sand, to see if he had any level of mastery.

" Are you ready to try?" The Lord Mastrell asked. It had taken some convincing to allow the teaching that had occurred. It wasn't  often that an adult, much less a foreigner, was allowed to be taught.

" Yes." The simple reply came. He scooped up a handful of white sand and concentrated. He felt the sun on his skin, the sand beneath his feet. He concentrated on his hands, connecting with the sand. It began to glow, and raised into the air. Septimus smiled. The Lord Mastrell looked at him.

" You have potential... But it will take time. Use what I have taught you. The only way to improve is practice. There is not much I could teach. Autonomy is required." Septimus nodded.

" Thank you." Septimus filled special pouches he had made (Like Katara's water container Waterbending things) with the sand. He would only have a limited amount of sand off Taldain, but he could recharge it with other forms of Investiture. He went back into the Cognitive Realm.

He went back through the perpendicularity, and traveled back to the Alleyverse. He appeared at his headquarters in his new office. He sat down. Rhazien was probably still on Sel, but he couldn't there very easily. He would simply have to wait. Maybe something interesting would happen.

He's there until ether Rhazien comes or the alley gets fixed up whichever comes first 

Walking down the streets of the capital of the Rose empire Tai Looked at his old home saying “I hope I kept the seals in place”.

He strode into a room full of old a decreped furniture and floors unkept scrared “Nights, guess not.” he said grimacing. Oh well it didn’t matter he knew the history of every bord in this place, “ok time to get to work”

Edited by Arlin

Soul prowled through the Alleyverse a couple miles north of where the destruction happened. Dual aluminum swords crossed in his back, aluminum knives in his belt, aluminum cloak on, aluminum flared in his stomach. He was taking no chances.

”I should have had my aluminum cloak during the battle!” He said cursing his lack of foresight . Elefthera spun around him, looking like a reflective stream of liquid.

You can’t always be prepared.” El said

”Yes, but if I had this cloak I might have been able to kill Rhazien!” 

Still muttering, Soul stalked indignantly into a bar to wait for the next stage of his plan.

Aluminum cloak doesn’t have perfect protection, just limited. It also slows Soul down when flying or losing around since he can’t lash it or make it frictionless.

Drako picked up another stone block, grunting.

One of his Salamanders, Vel'Cona, picked up the other end, lifting it with Drako. Together, they slowly shuffled towards the walls of a ruined home.

Behind him, the Knight marched up the street, hauling a sled of building supplies towards the ruined town center. The thunder of its steps accompanied the hubbub of the plaza; the ringing of Tu'Shan's hammer strikes, the cries of marines directing construction, and the bustle of the growing shantytown. People filed around the two marines as they walked, their eyes hollow. Right now, activity was the best thing the Salamanders could give these poor souls.

Drako and Vel'Cona heaved the block up onto the wall, shifting it into place. Drako nodded at Vel'Cona, dismissing him. He turned his head, looking back at the broken town. He saw MacThorston and Lopen, arguing with a marine over the benefits of "hemalurgy". He saw representatives from TUBA, setting up a makeshift bakery. Voidus sporatically popped in and out of reality, waving his hands and drawing symbols of light before disappearing again.

He saw the alleys, light and dark, stretching through the town. The mess of tents and shanties only created more of them, promising secrets wonderous and terrifying.

He smiled. No, the Alleyvillage was not broken. Rhazien had failed in that, at least.

Sorry, @Mraize. Couldn't resist one in-character dig at you :P

Edited by Grey Knight