Public Misting/Ferring RP

BitBitio

Here we go! Follow the instructions in the spoiler, and let's go! Oh, and if it isn't part of the RP, put it in a quote box.

Spoiler

First, roll two dice. If you roll a 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6, you are a Misting. If you roll a 7, 8, 9, 10, or 11, you are a Ferring. If you roll a 12, you are a Mistborn or a Fullchemist, based on the next step.

Second, if you were a Misting or Ferring, decide between these 4 personalities/traits. Which one best describes you?

Athletic: Physical Category

Bookish: Mental/Cognitive Category

Leader: Enhancement/Hybrid Category

Introvert: Temporal/Spiritual Category

If you were a Mistborn or Fullchemist, roll another die. 1-3=Mistborn, 4-6=Fullchemist. Stop here if you are one of these. Your power has been determined.

Third, think of a number from 1 to 4. Do it now. Your results are as follows: 

Physical:

1 is Iron

2 is Steel 

3 is Tin

4 is Pewter

Mental:

1 is Brass

2 is Zinc

3 is Copper 

4 is Bronze

Enhancement:

1 is Chromium

2 is Nicrosil

3 is Aluminum (ha!)

4 is Duralumin

Temporal:

1 is Cadmium

2 is Bendalloy 

3 is Gold

4 is Electrum

That is the type of Misting or Ferring that you are.

Fourth, design a character with that power and the RP will begin!

Spoiler

Name: Saba Kearn

Power: Nicrosil Misting (Nicroburst)

Other abilities: Has a strange perpetual cadmium bubble surrounding his Spiritual Aspect, resulting in him never aging. Trained in many combat arts, and has mastered the staff.

Weapons: Sterrion 36, light silver staff, short Aluminum dagger. Also has a single Excisor medallion that is about 3/4 full of Investiture power. Grants Feruchemical Healing.(Gold)

Homeworld: Scadrial

Current Location: Silverlight

Nationality: Elendel Basin

Relatives: No children, only child, both parents dead. So none.

Appearance: Brown hair, brown eyes. Typically wears light leather armor lined with Aluminum, with similarly crafted boots and helmet. Around 6'1" in height. A little bit on the skinny/wiry side, but by no means weak or frail.

Personality: Highly extroverted leader and optimist, despite depressing past.

History: Born in the Roughs, never had a chance to be a little kid. Both parents were killed by bandits. Grew up in their gang, robbing and lying until he was captured by a Malwish scouting group. This was because he had stolen their healing medallion. Escaped, fled to Threnody. Started a family and waystop, but inadvertently lost the homestead to Shades, who slaughtered his family mercilessly. Snapped. Powered an odd ettmetal device that released silver dust in a burst, killing every Shade for acres. Knocked unconscious. Woke up surrounded by Shades and barely escaped by fighting it out. Fled to the larger continent, where he had... experiences. Still refuses to speak of them to this day. Managed to reach Silverlight where he resides currently.

Edited by BitBitio

Oh, sweet! I swear I'm not making this up, I got 12! Unfortunately, I am a Mistborn, whereas I wanted to be a Feruchemist. Oh well :( Being a Mistborn is good enough :).

Sib is just too damned stressed. Before he snapped, he was another one of his mother's 4 boys. Although proficient in archery, still overshadowed by his 2 older siblings. After he snapped, however, things just got worse. On top of the fact his father was dead and oldest brother was crippled, needing of care the family couldn't afford, on top of the fact that his mom owed debts to many, on top of the fact that he had to finish his archery tuition, he was a Mistborn. A machine of death. Sib gulped. So many responsibilities.

Is Legendwielders given up on? I'm interested in this, but I want to wait for some activity first. LIFE, you can just copy your old character if you want, but it will not affect any other RP's.

Speaking of Legendwielders, I think I'm just going to merge that into this, since this feels like a better idea. We'll just invite those who apply for this to Legendwielders Highcamp PM.

My character:

Spoiler

Name: Saba Kearn

Power: Nicrosil Misting (Nicroburst)

Other abilities: Has a strange perpetual cadmium bubble surrounding his Spiritual Aspect, resulting in him never aging. Trained in many combat arts, and has mastered the staff.

Weapons: Sterrion 36, light silver staff, short Aluminum dagger. Also has a single Excisor medallion that is about 3/4 full of Investiture power. Grants Feruchemical Healing.(Gold)

Relatives: No children, only child, both parents dead. So none.

Appearance: Brown hair, brown eyes. Typically wears light leather armor lined with Aluminum, with similarly crafted boots and helmet. Around 6'1" in height. A little bit on the skinny/wiry side, but by no means weak or frail.

Personality: Highly extroverted leader and optimist, despite depressing past.

History: Born in the Roughs, never had a chance to be a little kid. Both parents were killed by bandits. Grew up in their gang, robbing and lying until he was captured by a Malwish scouting group. This was because he had stolen their healing medallion. Escaped, fled to Threnody. Started a family and waystop, but inadvertently lost the homestead to Shades, who slaughtered his family mercilessly. Snapped. Powered an odd ettmetal device that released silver dust in a burst, killing every Shade for acres. Knocked unconscious. Woke up surrounded by Shades and barely escaped by fighting it out. Fled to the larger continent, where he had... experiences. Still refuses to speak of them to this day. Managed to reach Silverlight where he resides currently.

Edited by BitBitio

BENDALLOY (Misting) BOIS!!!!Also there should be twinborns. ALSO WHAT ERA IS THIS

Name: Reginald Henry Joseph Archibald Holmes the Third (Goes by Reg or Reggie)

Investiture: Bendalloy misting

Appearance: Short brown hair, unkempt scraggly stubble, gray eyes, roughs style duster and trousers.

History: Reginald Henry Joseph Archibald Holmes the Third is a complete joke. His name is completely unfitting since he is as uncouth as one would expect from someone from the Roughs and the name was probably dramt up in a drunk haze. He was a bandit for a while until he had to go into hiding... as a lawman. This lasted about a year until he had to go back to the city and hide.

Edited by Blazenella

• 1 month later...

This is FFRP. Non-RP goes in a quote box

Saba walked through the halls of his fortress in Silverlight. Three things were preventing him from attacking Weldshire tonight. The first was that he was out of Nicrosil and his next shipment was still a day out. The second was the crazy person in his sitting room. And the third was the fact that he needed to oversee the construction of his west wing. Maybe another night.

Feel free to get a character and jump in.

Hmmm. I rolled a 7 and a 1. Taking the Leader trait, I get.... Chromium? The heck does that even store? Edit: a fortune ferring! This could be interesting.

Edited by Hydra

14 minutes ago, Arlin said:

How f nicrosil works is that you store your ability to use f nicrosil. Rather useless. So you could fill a metalmind with your ability to use nicrosil, which would make you store less fast, which would make it easier, and infinite loop. I'd guess it just ends up evening out. So basically you would have to get the ability to use at least one other metal for it to be even marginally useful.

Aluminum gnat. I want to try again. Just with a new dice roll though, everything else will remain the same. If I get misting again on my second roll, then I will stay with it

I got a 7, now I'm an aluminum ferring. I store Identity.

Spoiler

Name: Waltorn Gorn

Power: Aluminum Ferring (Trueself)

Weapons: Great in the martial arts, and espionage, an aluminum dagger, and a single, hidden, aluminum bullet. No gun. 

Current Location: A large palace-like building (apparently called Silverlight) 

Relatives: Very distant cousin to Wayne

Appearance: Blonde hair, Green eyes, Average height and weight, toned muscles, and a dark-ish complexion.

Personality: Currently dazed, confused and forgettable

History:  Currently unknown.

Wiltorn sat in the sitting room of a large palace. All he could remember about himself was his name and the fact that he was currently storing most of his identity. It had been a long time since he remembered anything more about himself, so he decided to stop storing so much. He kept storing, but not as much. 

All of a sudden he remembered some details. Last time he wasn't so careful, and he forgot that he was a trueself.  It took him weeks to remember that he could tap his metalmind, and he only stopped when he could no longer fill his many metalminds. This time he wasn't wearing as much, and everything he was wearing was hidden or disguised. He remembered that he needed to keep storing for a few more days. Why? What am I up to?

Bendalloy! I have always been torn between Electrum and Bendalloy.

Spoiler

Name: Abi

Power: Subsumer (Bendalloy Ferring)

Other abilities: Hemalurgic F-Electrum.

Weapons: She gave up nearly everything in order to get her bracers. She has a set of glass daggers and carries a wooden staff on her back.

Relatives: All known relatives are dead.

Appearance: A young girl with dark hair. She refuses to wear dresses or shoes. Her eyes are covered with a wrap. She stands at 147cm, her body hardened and strong from the years of hard work. Unlike most ferrings, she wears no piercings. She has several rings and wears two Bendalloy. Her usual attire consists of a button-up shirt and trousers. She keeps her hair tied back in a ponytail with a leather strap.

Personality: Very introverted, but a hard worker. Determined and will get the job done no matter what.

History: In her youth, there was an accident. She lost her family and was taken by the Set. After some gruesome experiments, she finally escaped. Due to the Set's experiments, they managed to spike out her aging. She now wanders from town to town searching for jobs and one day a husband. She never stays long in one place and is weary of everyone.

Weakness: Due to the Set's experiments, she was rendered blind.  

Abi stumbled in. There had been another beating. Apparently, she had used acid to scrub the walls and now she had ruined it. If I could see, maybe I would be able to tell when something is wrong. She would try harder next time. Her metalminds were empty and she was hungry. So much so that she started to crawl toward the wall so that she could feel her way to the kitchens. Hopefully, she could find some scraps in the waste bins.

Edited by Kaj
Only one power.

• 2 weeks later...

Please put NON-RP in quote boxes.

As for the second question:

.......I mean, sure? You could do some abstract stuff with copper, I mean, you could store the memories of pain or something? I dunno. If you wanna reroll, just keep in mind it is less... natural this way. Your character becomes a bit more artificial, per se. If I were you, I'd keep the same categories but just roll the dice again. 

Now to summon the others. Tagging doesn't work in quote boxes. @Gancho Libre @Blazenella @Arlin @Life&Death @I think I am here. @Hydra @Cadmium Compounder @Kaj 

This RP is not Alleyverse or any other RP. 

Here’s my character but I don’t have time to join right know

Spoiler

Name: Pierson (no one knows his last name to anyone as he never took the time to tell anyone what it is)

Power: durlillim ferring (connector ferring)

Other abilities: knows his way around the cognitive realm and has picked up plenty of random knowledge from mumbling schoolers in silverlight 

Weapons: carries a sterrion 36 and a few aluminum knives

Current location: Silverlight

Relatives: none

Appearance: dark brown haired man with brown eyes and stands about 6’3” typically wearing a dark trench coat and a bag at his side 

Personality: doesn’t really like people despite being vary charismatic doesn’t let most people notice him much less talk to him unless he wants them to 

History: Pierson grew up on the streets of the roughs surviving by going in unnoticed by storing connection and taping it whenever he did. He eventually ended up using his talents as a smuggler and trader taking goods all throughout the roughs and basin both legally and not. As time went on his business expanded to the cosmere at large and currently most of his work being done with silver light

Edited by Arlin

I am a zinc ferring. My character is:

Spoiler

Kleon Ambrosia

Ethnicity: Pure Terris

Power: Zinc Ferring (sparker)

Weapons: Silver dagger with carving of fire and gem in handle, dart shooter with black bane darts

Relatives: Mother still alive, brother named Anthony

Current Location: Reshi Isles, Roshar

Appearance: Brown-blond hair, dark brown eyes, average build, wears a loincloth of animal fur from Scadrial

Personality: Introvert, loves swimming and reading (keeps secret stash of books on island, and steals more from traders boats)

History: Grew up in the city new seran, then bought his family a small farm by the ocean, near Bilming. A man on the run came through, and his father and him tried to stop him. The amn shot his father, killing him, and aimed at him. Kleon ran, and got shot in the arm. He got lost, and was rescued by a man who called himself Hoid. He didn't want to face his brother or his mother so Kleon went with Hoid. He was taken to a different world, called Roshar. He join up with a traveling merchant, who took him to a Tai-na. He told the merchant he wanted to stay in this peaceful place, and the merchant told him they would take his possessions. So, during the night, he snuck onto the island and found a hidden hole in the shell of the Tai-na, and widened it. He put in his dart shooter, his dagger, a zinc armband, and a bunch of books. He now lives there, spending his days either swimming, meditating (storing mental speed), or hiding in the hole (which he has widened out considerably) reading.

Other: Has a higher than average mental speed, making his storing better, spends half of is waking year meditating and storing. Lived there for four years.

When are we going to actually start?

Edited by Ark1002

Sib sat down, eyeing the other people in the building.

“So, how long will this take?” He quickly asked to everyone, as he didn’t know what the leader of this particular meeting was. “I’ve got an Archery lesson in half an hour, and then work after that, and then...”

And then Sib continued, listing off his various responsibilities. So much stuff. So much stress on poor Sib...

Pierson walked though the front gates of Silverlight. The guards stationed there hardly noticed him. Then again no one does, not when he stored connection like this. He knew he was allowed in, as he had a shipment of nicrosil for a man named Saba here. He just didn’t want to deal with surcurity right know. 

He kept going eventfully coming across a man pacing down the hall mumbling to himself. He wouldn’t have cared if this man wasn’t his client, People here always mumble to themselves. He stoped storing connection for the moment allowing the man to take note of him. “Your Saba right. My name’s Pierson, I’ve got six bars of nicrosil reddy to be processed, just like you ordered.”

Edited by Arlin