The pale light from the newly risen moon slowly setting sun bathed the clearing in a eerie glow.  A campfire had been set but not lit as several members of the group argued over the best way to light the fire.  Trees loomed over everyone, their skeletal branches looking like fingers stretching out to grasp those below as they moved to the cool wind that only added to the chills running up everyone's spines.  Well, almost everyone.

Nestled among the branches, wrapped in his warm woolen cloak sat Laon.  A smirk plastered on his face as he watched those below.

Edited by Alvron
oops. there is no moon.

Greetings, troupers and troubadors, fae and firestarters:

I should like to inform you that the local stargazers have severely misjudged the date of the next new moon. It will, in fact, occur a week after the originally predicted date. As such, your performance has been rescheduled to May 20. The countdown has been revised to reflect this fact. We apologize for any inconvenience this may pose to you.

Until then, try to stay away from any stormy seas or angry gentlemen.

3 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Greetings, troupers and troubadors, fae and firestarters:

I should like to inform you that the local stargazers have severely misjudged the date of the next new moon. It will, in fact, occur a week after the originally predicted date. As such, your performance has been rescheduled to May 20. The countdown has been revised to reflect this fact. We apologize for any inconvenience this may pose to you.

Until then, try to stay away from any stormy seas or angry gentlemen.

52D8B4D8-0185-4650-A7BD-0D3CE35A736D.jpeg

Edited by Steeldancer

On 5/7/2018 at 9:54 AM, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Do anonymous messages count as PMs for purposes of Cthaeh's spying ability and the evil team's unfortunate inability to PM each other? Does Scyphus's upgraded kill affect everyone that targeted the kill target, or just one additional player?

Yes, they do count as PMs for those two purposes.

Scyphus' collateral damage impacts every single player that targeted the kill target on the night it is used.

Also, player list, clarifications, and countdown should be up-to-date, please let me know if you should be on the list and are not.

2 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Also, player list, clarifications, and countdown should be up-to-date, please let me know if you should be on the list and are not.

You missed a couple of sign ups.  :P 

On 5/8/2018 at 0:16 PM, Steeldancer said:

If signups get extended, and if I even have a slight chance of being the Cthaeh, I'm joining. I probably won't be super active especially once I start running my LG, but danggit I can't miss an opportunity to possibly be nefarious neutral! So, I'll be Squick, the fae who seems to have forgotten to bring down his Squid glamour. 

On 5/13/2018 at 6:56 AM, Megasif said:

Sign me up as Mega

Also, @Arraenae & @Arinian, sign ups have been extended, so you can sign up now right?  7y4CMS14mHhlzxT4wv-3_SG6IuyAsEb9dqkLodKtXRUMcR8qOqqIpz6bU_IZj5mI1wzndIwePTctj5xyX0KYNkhaytcpmJCJ2uGAJMatHtN4L6gT7yhPLKZPbXfkym45Sjo8lWEi

I will sign up. I've never read Kingkiller Chronicle, but I have read the rules to the game. It seems rather confusing, but I'm up to the challenge. 

I shall be Deric Watar. I won't put in any background, because I have no background about the world this is based in.^_^

After the troupe broke for camp, Alev moved to a secluded clearing to practice her juggling. She didn’t like being this far from the others, especially as the sun was slipping below the horizon, but she couldn’t risk anybody getting hurt. She glanced at the spindly black trees, then tried to push the image out of her mind. A forest was a forest, and as long as the ground was relatively flat it shouldn’t matter for her practice.

Alev reached into her pouch and brought out three wooden machetes. The edges were blunted, of course. With no moon to light the area, she didn’t dare use anything other than her practice swords. She took a deep breath, then began juggling.

It started out slow, at first. Then, as she warmed up, she sped up and added a few tricks -- a toss from under her leg here, an especially high throw there. Her fingers flew, faster and faster, barely a blur in the night. To an outside observer, it would have seemed as if the wooden blades bobbed and weaved of their own volition.

A sudden breeze blew against Alev’s skin, cold and biting. Her concentration slipped.

A machete smacked onto her palm, handle first, then fell onto the forest floor. Alev snatched back her hand, swearing, and let the other machetes drop to the ground.

She checked her finger, where a small purple bruise was already blossoming. Alev swore even harder. Evidently, she shouldn’t juggle at night, when she could barely see her blades. She didn’t feel like practicing any longer, so she picked up the swords and headed back to the now-lit campfire.

As she walked back, the wind brushed past her, and she could almost hear the sound of a low chuckle in it.

Edit: in case it's not clear, sign me up as Alev! I should have more time this week, I hope...

Edited by Arraenae

Signing up as Fifth Daughter Resterford -- "Fithy" for short -- A young, cheerful Vintish noblewoman who is living among the Ruh after her older brother Sev "The Necromancer" Resterford slaughtered most of the rest of her family, in retribution for having given him the name "Seventh Son".

NOTE: For more on Sev Resterford and his wacky hijinks, see LG18. He's such a rascal.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

3 hours ago, Wonko the Sane said:

Signing up as Fifth Daughter Resterford -- "Fithy" for short -- A young, cheerful Vintish noblewoman who is living among the Ruh after her older brother Sev "The Necromancer" Resterford slaughtered most of the rest of her family, in retribution for having given him the name "Seventh Son".

NOTE: For more on Sev Resterford and his wacky hijinks, see LG18. He's such a rascal.

Yay! You're joining!

@Drake Marshall you missed another sign up.  Tsk, tsk.  :P  Can't have people miss out on their chance of being killed.  That would be rude. :) 

On 5/19/2018 at 0:36 AM, Cadmium Compounder said:

I will sign up. I've never read Kingkiller Chronicle, but I have read the rules to the game. It seems rather confusing, but I'm up to the challenge. 

I shall be Deric Watar. I won't put in any background, because I have no background about the world this is based in.^_^

And in case you miss it too, I'll just put this here.  :P 

7 hours ago, Wonko the Sane said:

*sigh*

I shouldn't sign up for this...

I don't have time for this...

Darn. It's a KKC game.

Against (possibly) my better judgement, I'm signing up as Neris - the young orphan girl who's slightly too keen to go looking for trouble.

EDIT: My intent, currently, is to have a much heavier focus on RP than strategy compared to what I normally do (though I should still have some strategy). So... don't lynch me for that, please. :P

Edited by Young Bard

24 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

*sees Bard's post

*checks the countdown timer

I think Drake is going to be very happy at all the redistributing he needs to do... :P

I gave him 4 and a half hours before rollover... :ph34r: I've signed up closer to the end of the cycle than that before.

@Drake Marshall As Alvron pointed out, my name was missed. My name isn't on the cast list, and I haven't been given any information about what faction I'm a part of or what my role is. Here is my sign up post. 

On 5/18/2018 at 6:36 AM, Cadmium Compounder said:

Also has the game begun? Does all public discussion occur right here? Or is it all done in PM?