The craftsmen.

MacThorstenson

Giving the thumbs up to his assistant. Mac flipped the switch. Suddenly, the Dor flooded the Cognitive realm of his store, powering Aons engraved in the steel. 

Hopefully people buy our stuff. Mack's voice came out of the back of his mind.

Don't worry about it. Mac replied. People are going to love us. Probably. Plus we have contracts with most major guilds.

But what if they riot? That's what got me kicked off of sel.

With the defenses we put in? There is no way that any attack could hurt us. You could not have had a better person commandeer you mind and build your store.

I'm still mad about that.

I don't care.

Mac walked around the room, inspecting the counter and items on display. Anything that could actually be used was locked in the vault, these were on display to allow people to see if they could be used. If the balance was right, the shape was good for there fighting style. He walked to the front door and put out the open sign.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the Craftsmen Guild. Our goal is to provide invested objects, weapons, defenses etc. to any who have the money. We aren't neutral as a guild, but provide the same prices to anyone, and wont turn you away because of your membership in other guilds. If you provoke violence on the premise, then you will be removed and any guild you are a part of will be refused service for a week. (BTW, I am convinced that the Ghostbloods exist as an entity, so if any GB's provoke violence, none of the others can by stuff for a week.)

All products are patented. If you resell them without telling me who you sell it to, or if you copy them without my permission, then you will bring my wrath upon you. Delivery will take a day, I will PM you when the product is delivered. All products are listed with their base price, customization is optional but will cost more. More products will be released as time goes on, and as I get new ideas.

If you wish to join the guild just PM me, and I will add you to the list of Craftsmen.

NOTE: Because of the large numbers of acolytes that I have, I don't need grunts or members that don't do anything. I am only accepting Craftsmen. They will specialize in a field and create new products. I will require them to tell me where their loyalties lie through PM (Don't worry, it wont be publicly revealed) and what they want to specialize in.

Craftsman of Weaponry, Store owner - @MacThorstenson

Craftsman of Apparel - @Merrickz

Craftsman of Defense -

Craftsman of Fabrials - @Mister

Craftsman of Glass - @Kidpen

Craftsman of Invested Items, owner of ferujewls - @Kaj

Current weapons available.

Spoiler
  1. Wand: A steel wand with a variety of Aons engraved onto it, only works if you are an elantrian. 
    1. 10 crysts for just the wand
    2. 110 with one Aon*,
    3. 110 crysts for the second Aon*, and 50 more for any after that*.
    4. An additional 80 if you want it aluminum plated.
  2. Sword: A steel sword, with the same options as the wand.
    1. 70 for just the sword.
    2. 170 with one Aon*,
    3. 170 crysts for the second Aon*, and 50 more for any after that*.
    4. An additional 80 if you want it aluminum plated.
    5. 1000 if you want it forged with the one power.
    6. Depending on the style of sword, may cost extra.
  3. Grenades: metal plates that have an Aon* on them and a time delay. Price varies by Aon*.
  4. Spear: Steel spear. 
    1. 50 crysts.
    2. An additional 80 if you want it aluminum plated.
    3. 950 if you want it made with the one power.
  5. Agony: a specialized sword that augments pain at insane levels after even the person is touched.
    1. 100 crysts.
  6. Gun, price may vary based on type. aluminum coating +80 crysts.
    1. Bullets:
      1. Regular: 10 crysts
      2. Exploding: ceramic bullets coated in aluminum with separate water and ettmetal compartments in them: 50 per bullet.
      3. Painrials bullets. Cause immense pain to who ever is hit with them. 50 per bullet.
  7. Blood attractor
    1. Similar to the metal attractor, this attracts blood.
    2. NOTE: this is extremely messy
    3. 750 crysts

*Modifiers available, may cost extra.

Miscellaneous.

Spoiler

1. Codereed. It allows you to write in code and the message is decrypted on the second reed, or vice versa.
    1. 70 crysts.

Self defense:

Spoiler

1. Shield: A shield, can be made from different materials, or styles.
    1. Encased in aluminum, (+80 crysts)
    2. AonEdo improvements, (only able to be used by elantrians) (+100 crysts)
    3. Strengthening fabrial. (+50 crysts)
  2. Metal attractor:
    1. Akin to Navani's water attractor, or Mraize's Smoke attractor this would be a metal attractor. Yes this sounds like a magnet, but a VERY powerful one that could rip weapons out of an enemies hands (This could also be done with blood...).
    2. 500 crysts.

Apparel:

Spoiler

1. Aon Shao embroidered on a coat or cloak allowing for appearance to be changed: 100 crysts.
  2. Bandages marked with Aon Ien for healing: 50 per bandage.
  3. Gauntlets or Gloves with Aon Ehe to produce columns/jets of fire: 70.
  4. Awakened Robes tasked with protecting the wearer: 100 crysts
    1. (Optional aluminium plating sewn onto it to stop bullets: 80 crysts)
  5. Large Awakened scarf tasked with mimicking the wearers hand and finger movements for heavy lifting or combat: 80 crysts
    1. (Optional aluminium plating sewn on: 80 crysts)
  6. Almost any item of Clothing with Aon Eto to increase strength or speed: Varies based on size of clothing.
  7. Headband/hat with Aon Ashe to act as a head torch: 50 crysts

Base defense:

Spoiler

1. Auto targeting turrets: Have an attracting fabrial with a Heliodor (Flesh), but just strong enough to point at people within a certain range, put it on a swivel so it can swing around.
    1. Have it rigged so when it begins to pull on something it activates a launcher, that can shoot a small pain fabrial which will incapacitate the target, or a bullet
    2. 1500 crysts. (ammo is 50 crysts apiece for the painrials.)
  2. Emotional Augmenting (Strengthing) Fabrial: Can be made to increase any emotion. Weaker version 200 Crysts, stronger version 500 Crysts.
  3. Emotional Diminishing (Weakening) Fabrial:Can be made to decrease any emotion. Weaker version 150 Crysts, stronger version 400 Crysts.

4. Emotional Barrier Fabrial: Strengthens an emotion, while diminishing it's opposite within a selected range. Can be used to turn back intruders by causing them immense fear, or immense apathy. Can also be applied in a positive effect, boosting someones happiness or morale. 800 Crysts

Edited by MacThorstenson

Esha walks into the shop and reads the descriptions and prices of the items. "One Power items are expensive, I see," she says as Mac appears. "Due to shipping costs, I assume? Oh, and have you considered working together with Al's Fabrials? I'm not much of a crafter myself, but they do similar things that you seem to do here, though they use Rosharan technology and you use primarily Selian technology. Imagine what you could do by combining it."

(I just felt like doing some roleplaying)

Yeah, I’m addicted and just can’t get enough.

Also it’s so I know who has good relations with who, and who I shouldn’t send and have be a sales rep. 

(If I sent a tuba member to sell to the DA through PM, I wouldn’t be sure that yet would market as effectively)

1 hour ago, Leyrann said:

Esha walks into the shop and reads the descriptions and prices of the items. "One Power items are expensive, I see," she says as Mac appears. "Due to shipping costs, I assume? Oh, and have you considered working together with Al's Fabrials? I'm not much of a crafter myself, but they do similar things that you seem to do here, though they use Rosharan technology and you use primarily Selian technology. Imagine what you could do by combining it."

(I just felt like doing some roleplaying)

Walking over to Esha, Mac says proudly "Actually, we make all products on site. The reasons costs may be high is because of the extensive help required to make those. Channelers aren't common, and among those, the ability to make weapons using the one power is rarer still.

I have considered making a partnership with them, but the main reason why my products use sellish magic is because I have the most experience using that. I intend to gain more experience and the other craftsmen have a variety of experience that I hope will increase the variety of our inventory."

EDIT: Sorry for double posting.

Edited by MacThorstenson

Depends on the item. The method we use for writing can vary, often, forging the Aon into the item as it is being made is preferred. size and complexity is also a factor for custom jobs like this.

What do you need engraved and what Aon do you want? PM me if you Dont want it public.

Do note, that you need to be elantrian to use Aons. Just because an elantrian made the Aon doesn't mean that you can use it. 

We apologize for the limited selection of non Aon items, we will be expanding it very shortly.

6 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

Depends on the item. The method we use for writing can vary, often, forging the Aon into the item as it is being made is preferred. size and complexity is also a factor for custom jobs like this.

What do you need engraved and what Aon do you want? PM me if you Dont want it public.

Do note, that you need to be elantrian to use Aons. Just because an elantrian made the Aon doesn't mean that you can use it. 

We apologize for the limited selection of non Aon items, we will be expanding it very shortly.

I would like my lenses engraved with Aon Deo probably. I need each of my 4 monocles to be as close to impossible to break as possible. They need to have a modifier to make them invisible. It is only going to be used passively, so I hope I don't need to be an Elantrian.

3 hours ago, Kidpen said:

I would like my lenses engraved with Aon Deo probably. I need each of my 4 monocles to be as close to impossible to break as possible. They need to have a modifier to make them invisible. It is only going to be used passively, so I hope I don't need to be an Elantrian.

I am sorry, but Aons need to be continuously powered the entire time. If you are not an elantrian, you can't provide that power. 

We could set a time limit and make that Aon expire in that amount of time, but I'm not sure what that would have on the lenses.

Though we could fit them with a pair of augmenting fabrials to increase their strength. That would require a constant stream of stormlight.

We also have put up many new product, just now, check them out and see if they have any interest to you.

Edited by MacThorstenson

19 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

I am sorry, but Aons need to be continuously powered the entire time. If you are not an elantrian, you can't provide that power. 

We could set a time limit and make that Aon expire in that amount of time, but I'm not sure what that would have on the lenses.

Though we could fit them with a pair of augmenting fabrials to increase their strength. That would require a constant stream of stormlight.

We also have put up many new product, just now, check them out and see if they have any interest to you.

Could I power the Aons with another form of investiture?

In Elantris, the light Aons didn’t need constant supervision, right?

Edited by Kidpen

I'm not sure. 

When nightblood feeds on the Dor, he consumes the Aons themselves. Additionally, the Aons disappear when they are drawn in air. But you are correct, that the light Aons are not consumed. I would think that they would be slowly consumed because of their constant usage, but I'm not sure.

On the other hand, the Aon Tias have to be triggered by an elantrian, they don't make a portal that any one can use.

I don't know. I have combed through the Arcanum, and I have no idea what the affect would be.

If we wish, we can make it an Aon that is continually powered by the Dor. And consistently powered so that you don't need to have an elantrian there touching it. I assume you would like that.

As an aside, I just realized that the Aons here should be completely different, because we are in the alleys, not arelon. But we will probably just ignore that.

Walking over to Kidpen, Mac says: "On second thought, Maybe I will be able to be able to achieve that. I remember certain things from my youth that I may be able to utilize. Tell, me which Aons would you like? I believe that for a higher price I may be able to engrave a looping Aon program that will repeate continuously and use a variety of Aos, Namely, Are Dao Dio and Iir, What do you think?"

For those who are wondering, I had a conversation with the Arcanists on discord and we have conclusively concluded that we don't know the answer to this question. We know that for some Aons this would work, and for a least one other Aon it wouldn't, we can't tell the difference between the two types, so Im going to assume that unless it specifically mentions being a one time use, then it will be able to last forever and not require an elantrian to use.

"Hmm, depends on the price. I am not high on funds at the moment. If we had to limit it to one, I would prefer Iir."

How does one get crysts? Should we make it a reward for winning duels?

28 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

Walking over to Kidpen, Mac says: "On second thought, Maybe I will be able to be able to achieve that. I remember certain things from my youth that I may be able to utilize. Tell, me which Aons would you like? I believe that for a higher price I may be able to engrave a looping Aon program that will repeate continuously and use a variety of Aos, Namely, Are Dao Dio and Iir, What do you think?"

I'll go into more detail when I'm not on mobile but I believe the difference is that Tia has an instantaneous effect. You specify what you want to teleport and where, they don't open a continuous portal. Also may need to be configured which only Elantrians could do.

@Kidpen, that does provide a problem. I know that the GB’s used to get them from completing assassinations. The DA and tuba could probably get them from selling cookies. But I don’t know. Maybe we need to bring together the guilds representatives again. 

@Voidus the question I was asking was, why is Tia an instantaneous affect, while Ashe doesn’t appear to turn off. I should note that this question is revolving around Aons that have been engraved on something. Maybe it’s just that Ashe has a long time limit so it’s not noticeable, or maybe Tia is designed to have a one time affect and then turn off. Would it be possible to program Tia so that it made a permanent open portal if it were engraved on a metal plate?

@MacThorstenson yeah I was trying to say it's just the nature of the Aon itself. Aon Tia transports specific things to a specific place, that effect is, by nature, instantaneous. Other Aons would probably do the same (The one that is essentially soulcasting, transforming one thing to another), you might be able to, with a lot of modifiers, cause it to open a portal instead, in which case it might be able to be left running.
Alternatively, maybe it's because Aon Tia requires modifiers to be used practically from what we've seen, you need to specify a target and a destination and no one other than an Elantrian could change those modifiers. So you could set up an Aon to transfer you to your bedroom at the other end of the city and leave it active, but all it would do is keep transporting you to your room, it wouldn't be helpful for other people.

EDIT: For how to get cysts I can try to work something into cookiebot?