Speed Bubbles

MistGyorn

Question

So I am wondering if Brandon has ever given any extra information on speed bubbles. To my knowledge, no one in the books has ever been caught halfway in and out of a speed bubble (correct me if I am wrong). I know that bullets gets deflected crazy ways inside of them, but what would happen to arms and limbs of people caught in a speed bubble. Is their speed dependent upon their connection to their brain? i.e. if the head is caught out of the speed bubble then the arm or leg would still move slowly in a speed bubble?

Also, what manifestations (if any) are there in Shadesmar of bubbles?

1 answer to this question

We've got a bit of extra information. List of most of our WoBs on the matter at the bottom of the OP of this thread.

As for being half-in-half-out, objects are only ever wholly affected by the bubble or wholly excluded from the effect, depending on some cognitive shenanigans about occupancy.

Bubble occupancy

Kurkistan: If you are standing inside of a time bubble, and throw a spear out of the bubble, what happens to that spear as it traverses the border of the bubble? Are different parts of the spear ever in different "time zones," going fundamentally different speeds?

On that line of reasoning, what would happen to a train and its occupants if Marisi stood next to railroad tracks holding up a Cadmium bubble while that train sped by?

Brandon: In general, a large object going through a time bubble is not going to notice. An object is either in or out, and it depends in part on how the object views itself. People inside the train would be inside of its influence, and wouldn't notice the bubble. The spear would go from one to the other, but would never be in both.

I don't believe we have anything on what things in Shadesmar look like.