Challenge of Champions: Rashan V Cuthbert

I think I am here.

Battle Poll:  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win?

• Rashan/ITIAH
    • Cuthbert/LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian

Cuthbert looked in the direction of his opponent, his face a mix of non chalant and bored. When people attack with passion, they make mistakes. He quickly sidestepped his opponent, and put a foot out to trip him up. While doing so he pulled both his swords from their scabbards with superhuman speeds, thrusting Ehe Aeokii at his opponents heart, while he directed Daaate at Rashan’s gut. 

If possible, I’d like to add something to the attributes of the blades. They are corrupted by Selian Investiture, and their names, if you use the Aonic alphabet, give you their special powers. Edit open: Their special powers would come from the Aonic inscriptions placed on the blade. Edit close. If not, my blades just have Selian names.

Edited by LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm considering it. I know what the Aons do. Daa is a blast, Kii makes guilty feel pain, Ehe is fire, Daa is West (This wouldn't do anything), Aeo is unknown (Bravery), Ate is silence causing things to be, well, silent. If I use them they won't be as effective as an aon would be. Also, Lopen your damage will be reduced while your swords drain your lifeforce unless you have an aon drawn that they can feed on.

When Rashan got tripped, he stayed down, letting the magic blades his opponent wielded go over him. As he rolled out of the way he brought his chain-blade back around again, wrapping around the swords and then thrusting them out of his opponents hand. He spun, bringing his chain-blade directly at Cuthbert's chest, magic swords still attached.

Edited by I think I am here.

With the blades I meant the powers being name translations, like Daaate being Power and Silence, and in this case its power would be to silence power (drain or block access to Investiture), while Ehe Aeokii would be Fire, Bravery, and Justice, meaning it's power would be to burn those who think themselves to be brave or just (in the cases of both swords their power would not affect me).

Cuthbert quickly threw up an Aon Edo shield, simultaneously carving a triple barrier of Aon Edo shields around his opponent with silvery light. He then quickly sketched out an Aon Kii with the appropriate modifiers. He could see by Rashan's face that the pain was beginning to kick in.

Typo

Rashan successfully disarmed Cuthbert (I used a RNG 1 - 10 above 5 was success below was failure). As for the swords power that is non-canon and wasn't in your character so I won't include it. If you want to have it later talk to Archer.

Rashan: 82 (-18)

Lopen: 72 (-15 Due to AonEdo shield)

2 hours ago, LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian said:

Cuthbert quickly threw up an Aon Edo shield, simultaneously carving a triple barrier of Aon Edo shields around his opponent with silvery light. He then quickly sketched out an Aon Kii with the appropriate modifiers. He could see by Rashan's face that the pain was beginning to kick in.

Rashan looked with shock as Cuthbert made yet another shield, and boxed Rashan in. He took notes of the shield in his book. Rashan smiled as he held his opponents two awakened blades, and just after downing another chromium vial, leeched them. He dropped the blades, no longer awakened. Now, for this box. Rashan, tapping speed and swinging around his chain-blade, managed to create a sort of 'blade bubble' where anything in it's radius would be torn to shreds, the blade hit the box many times this way, and aided by speed, Rashan was able to break out of the box. He got out just in time to see Cuthbert draw another magic symbol. Rashan grinned. If his notes were correct, that would be the symbol for justice. Luckily, Rashan had never been an intentional law-breaker in his life, and so the symbol did minimal effect. To attack, Rashan created a wall of his own, circling Cuthbert at an immense speed in a closed loop. Just when he had his opponent trapped, he used his blade bubble again. At such a close distance, hopefully he would be able to finish this battle right now.

Edited by I think I am here.

This is a tricky one. On one hand breaths can be regained from awakened things and leeching would take that too, but things like Lifeless the breath can't be regained. I'm going to say no they can't be leeched due to their sapience and being more akin to Lifeless than any old awakened object.

Cuthbert was getting tired and really wanted some waffles, so he quickly sketched out an Aon Sheo with the appropriate modifiers while using his other hand to put up yet another Aon Edo shield around him. His opponent's onslaught looked frightening regardless, so while he was finishing his Aon Sheo he created a flood to push his opponent back. He then completed the Aon Sheo.

Rashan glared and speed-punched Nei'an for putting him that sack, and then saw the flood approach. Rashan stretched his steelminds, tapping more than he wanted to, and with his speed he ran on the surface of the flood, his foot placing another step before it could sink. Rashan approached Cuthbert, threw his chain-blade and shortsword both at the sheild, breaking it, and dashed up to his opponent, grabbing him, and wrapped his recovered chainblade around Cuthbert's neck, the blade not touching his neck, but the chain still strangled him. After doing this, Rashan brought Cuthbert back to the flood and forced his head under the surface of the water. Hopefully a mix of strangulation and drowning would take his opponent by surprise.

9 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Rashan glared and speed-punched Nei'an for putting him that sack, and then saw the flood approach. Rashan stretched his steelminds, tapping more than he wanted to, and with his speed he ran on the surface of the flood, his foot placing another step before it could sink. Rashan approached Cuthbert, threw his chain-blade and shortsword both at the sheild, breaking it, and dashed up to his opponent, grabbing him, and wrapped his recovered chainblade around Cuthbert's neck, the blade not touching his neck, but the chain still strangled him. After doing this, Rashan brought Cuthbert back to the flood and forced his head under the surface of the water. Hopefully a mix of strangulation and drowning would take his opponent by surprise.

If there's no reaction to me using the death Aon on you, does that not mean you are dead?

Ok. I was unsure what happened with that since it was unaddressed. Can we officially de-canonise that? Also, just to be clear, Aons such as Kii or Sheo I aim specifically at the person, not their location, so simply dodging should do nothing. Same applies to healing Aons.

Cuthbert quickly threw up an Aon Tia that transported him behind Rashan, at which point he got Rashan in a sword lock (don't know how to describe this) around his neck a la Anakin and Count Dooku in the scene where Dooku is beheaded, with one of the swords making contact with Rashan's neck. He could see the light slowly draining from the man's eyes, at which point Cuthbert used the spike in his stomach as an offensive weapon by thrusting his stomach at his opponent's spine, leading to a shriek of pain and joy from his brother as he started trying to overpower the host body.