Calm before the Storm

Lord Meeker

Rhazien crumpled it up. Tossing it to the side. He adjusted his mask and strode purposefully from the alley. He glanced at Drako conversing with a uncomfortable Akrasia. He double checked to see if he was being followed. Still no. His mind wandered back the the New Ghostbloods.

"The complete and utter buffoons the lot of them. What they don't realize is that I could crush their puny organization in my fist." He muttered.

Esha sat in the Alleyvillage Inn, together with several other members from TUBA, sipping her pink wine. Her spren, Lithyr, was enthousiastically examinating the Inn, blinking this way and that, seemingly without covering the intermediate distance.

"You know," Esha said, "with TUBA taking a more neutral role, I kind of want to start something else as well. I mean, it's good that TUBA takes this role, but I don't want to just sit here and watch while everything unfolds."

Note that pink wine, which is as far as I know not mentioned outside of the wine chart in Oathbringer, is the weakest wine. As an annotation says, "I've had milk more intoxicating than this".

Rashan, bored of staying cooped up in that stuffy room, tapped steel and left. He started looking around and challenged anyone he met to beat him in a race. Unfortunately, most knew of his obsessive speed-storing. Heck, when he wasn't tapping his speed he was storing it. Continuing without success to find a buddy to race with, he impulsively yelled "Winner gets a free punch at the loser!" completely forgetting some of these people's punches could've put him in a coma. In reality, he was thinking of racing Rhazien, the man who had disbanded the only guild he was apart of. That way, if Rashan won, he would get a punch at the scoundrel. That would feel good. He tapped speed again and dashed towards the Elsecaller, stopping beside him.

"Hey, want to race? If you win, you get a punch at me. If I win, I get a punch at you. Surely your not that scared of me, are you?"

Edited by I think I am here.

Esha follows Rashan outside and elsecalls to catch up with him.

"Hey, if he doesn't want to, can I give it a try? No punching the loser though, that's no fun. Besides, you're a head taller than me."

Edited by Leyrann
typos man

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

Rashan stopped following Rhazien and instead focused his attention on the person who had just teleported next to him. He narrowed his eyes at the woman.

"Sure," he said as he began storing speed once again. "Where shall we race to?"

"What about the mountain there? I'd estimate it's some four miles away," Esha said. "First to reach the top. Someone who wants to count down for us?"

His first contact. Voidus. Yes. Possibly the most powerful being in the Alleyverse. He stops confusedly watching Rashan poking a rock with a stick. He notes that people look at it nervously and put distance between it and them. He sighs he walks up to Rashan, grabbing the stick. He tosses it behind him and bends down and casually picks the rock up. He brushes his cloak off with his free hand. 

"I must be off." He says.

With that, he Elsecalls into the cognitive realm, curious to see if the rock turns into something else.

"Just a little piece, yes." The rock said. "Well I suppose if I want you to meet with me then me will probably be waiting for I to bring you to me. I think. Pronouns are a bit confusing right now. Or maybe me is waiting for I to bring me here?"

The rock warms slightly, a faint surge of Transportation waves off of it, distorting the space around the rock for a moment before settling again, a robed figure steps out from the warping and examines it's surroundings.

Not knowing whether this be the man, the myth, and the legend himself, Voidus the First Lurker or a messenger, Rhazien kneels, in reverence and awe. He keeps his eyes down, not wanting to anger the possibly the most powerful man in all the Alleyverse. Rhazien dare not speak for the same reason. He felt his heart begin to beat a little faster.

19 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Sad his stick broke, Rashan downs some violet wine.

"o don't what happeneneed. To too three raceve." He spouts out gibberish.

"I'm sorry," Esha said, "I'm not proficient at Drunk. Did you mean to say we're racing, or are you calling it off?"