Worldhoppers from warbreaker

Weedolfin

I think it's likely that all of the Five Scholars are worldhoppers, but AFAIK we don't have confirmation of that (because Brandon loves being coy):

Question (paraphrased)

A bonus piece of information - my poor friend that I dragged along with me (who had only read Warbreaker) asked about the specific naming of Bio-Chromatic Breath.

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Sanderson confirmed as part of his response that at least some the Five Scholars had visited worlds who had gone through the Industrial Revolution (and therefore would have more of a sense of scientific theory, that the Scholars would have picked up on).

source

FirstSelector

I read that you had said if you had written Khriss' essay on Nalthis, it would have been more or less that she was talking about the magic, and then mention that there were scholars on this planet that were spitting distance from, like…

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah, yeah.

FirstSelector

So, Vasher, and maybe some of the other ones have been off world--

Brandon Sanderson

Shashara has been, yeah.

FirstSelector

...Are they known to the people at Silverlight? Like--

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah, yeah.

FirstSelector

Like does Khriss know Vasher?

Brandon Sanderson

Know Vasher is a different question than know of Vasher. But they are widely regarded as early cosmere scholars... They are pioneers of this sort of stuff. So yes.

source

5 hours ago, Scion of the Mists said:

I think it's likely that all of the Five Scholars are worldhoppers, but AFAIK we don't have confirmation of that (because Brandon loves being coy):

Thanks, I would give you an arrow up, but I hit my quota lol

One more Nalthian worldhopper is Mi'chele, who has a cameo (and is a real-life cameo as well) in Alloy of Law.

6 hours ago, Snipexe said:

So I don't know a ton about this, but Lemex's nurse is said to be a Terriswoman. we don't really know a ton about it

Yep, here's a WoB on the subject. We strongly suspect this is Aslydin since we know she's Terris and a worldhopper but IIRC Brandon hasn't confirmed it.

Sorry, should have been more clear there. She's not in Warbreaker and we only know she's meant to be a worldhopper from Nalthis via Word of Brandon. Well, her name standing out and having Hoid pay a visit to her wedding might have been a hint, but an extremely subtle one.

On 4/24/2018 at 9:30 AM, Scion of the Mists said:

Vasher did, Shashara did, Denth did. The other two are unknowns.

ARARITA
Has Denth ever been to Scadrial?

Brandon Sanderson
Has Denth been to Scadrial. So Scadrial is one of the planets that's easier to get to, in cosmere terms. I will say this: he did not travel the cosmere widely. But Scadrial is one of the easier-- He spent a lot of time on Roshar, and did not travel widely. That's your answer.

On the subject of the 3-2 split, all 3 that we know went off-world were on Hanald's side in the Manywar, while Yesteel would be against Hallandren(modern Hanald) in the next one. I can't help but feel like that's important.

Edited by The One Who Connects

6 minutes ago, Marasi Colms said:

How can you know it?

Put honestly: You don't.

Brandon Sanderson
You’re not supposed to be able to guess who the Terriswoman is, by the way.

DrogaKrolow
So we will see her somewhere else?

Brandon Sanderson
Yes, you will see her somewhere else. Yeah, you're not supposed to be able to guess. So that's why I'm surprised.

TheHunter (paraphrased)
[Brandon Sanderson] said that someone in Poland had figured it out who the Terriswoman in Warbreaker was, and I asked him if it was Lemex's nurse.

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)
He nodded and smiled. He said he had no idea how anyone figured it out, which is interesting.

There was a rundown of the only scene she appeared in, and I stand by what I said then: "The only thing that I could see as potential foreshadowing is 1) not suspicious, and 2) not dialogue."

• Chaos locked this topic