17th shard

Weedolfin

Don't worry about not knowing, we've all been in that situation with many things and will be... forever, I suspect.. xD

Anyhow, the name for the site was actually suggested by Brandon himself. It originally had another name but the administrators asked Brandon if they could be his official fansite and when he agreed, he suggested the name would be a better choice, but he didn't say why at the time. This was before The Way of Kings came out and we learned what Brandon was thinking about.

The name is a reference to the in-universe Seventeenth Shard, a worldhopping group which we know a little about, but we don't know their exact goals or why they have that name. You can find a collection of Words of Brandon on the in-universe organization here.

Edited by Weltall

52 minutes ago, Weltall said:

Don't worry about not knowing, we've all been in that situation with many things and will be... forever, I suspect.. xD

Anyhow, the name for the site was actually suggested by Brandon himself. It originally had another name but the administrators asked Brandon if they could be his official fansite and when he agreed, he suggested the name would be a better choice, but he didn't say why at the time. This was before The Way of Kings came out and we learned what Brandon was thinking about.

The name is a reference to the in-universe Seventeenth Shard, a worldhopping group which we know a little about, but we don't know their exact goals or why they have that name. You can find a collection of Words of Brandon on the in-universe organization here.

Wow.  I did not know that either!~ thanks for sharing the information! :)

4 hours ago, Weltall said:

Thx so much!!