Does anyone know what Brandon read during Jordancon?

MountainKing

Hmmmm. I dont think it is accurate to say Hoid is knowingly trying to get access to all the magic systems.

Now for my argument im going to use some OB spoilerage.

Spoiler

Hoid has stated he knows where he needs to be but not why.

When he found the Cryptic at the end of OB he tells it: "I am almost certain im here for you" (paraphrased i think..)

In conclusion I assertain that Hoid did not go to Kohlinar to bond a radiant spren, but that is what he was there for to further his goals.

(Wow that sounds contradictory)

I mean he was not knowingly there to bond a spren..

We dont really know much about this form of magic he uses to know where he needs to be, im only guessing it is to further his "goals" and this line of thought could potentially be used in regards to the other magics he has aquired - e.g. hes acquisition of the lerasiem bead.

!~ HIF ~!

11 hours ago, Hoids Imaginary Friend said:

Hmmmm. I dont think it is accurate to say Hoid is knowingly trying to get access to all the magic systems.

Now for my argument im going to use some OB spoilerage.

Hide contents

Hoid has stated he knows where he needs to be but not why.

When he found the Cryptic at the end of OB he tells it: "I am almost certain im here for you" (paraphrased i think..)

In conclusion I assertain that Hoid did not go to Kohlinar to bond a radiant spren, but that is what he was there for to further his goals.

(Wow that sounds contradictory)

I mean he was not knowingly there to bond a spren..

We dont really know much about this form of magic he uses to know where he needs to be, im only guessing it is to further his "goals" and this line of thought could potentially be used in regards to the other magics he has aquired - e.g. hes acquisition of the lerasiem bead.

!~ HIF ~!

Also on the lerasium bead, is this an argument for why he would acquire it but not use it?

i seem to remember I debate on this previously....

@Jeffo No, wasnt talking about what he did with the Lerasium bead aaaaannndd... I dont think Id use this to say why he didnt use the bead as Hoids "bump of trouble" doesnt " tell" him what he needs to do only where he needs to be..

As above Mr S is being very coy about what Hoid has done with this bead, he seams to be enjoying the mystery of this as much as us.

Im inclined to think Hoid has used it in a way we have yet to see allomantic metals being used and we probably wont find out until the last Mistborn book (which in my head Is titled: "Mistborn: Cosmeres End")

!~ HIF ~!

20 hours ago, Hoids Imaginary Friend said:

@Jeffo No, wasnt talking about what he did with the Lerasium bead aaaaannndd... I dont think Id use this to say why he didnt use the bead as Hoids "bump of trouble" doesnt " tell" him what he needs to do only where he needs to be..

As above Mr S is being very coy about what Hoid has done with this bead, he seams to be enjoying the mystery of this as much as us.

Im inclined to think Hoid has used it in a way we have yet to see allomantic metals being used and we probably wont find out until the last Mistborn book (which in my head Is titled: "Mistborn: Cosmeres End")

!~ HIF ~!

Sorry didn't mean to tie you to it directly, your post only got me thinking about it.

• Chaos locked this topic