Donating your body to hemalurgic usage

etmental

Alright so I was thinking. Spooks book about hemalurgy is a little disturbing (hemalurgy itself is pretty much disturbing) but it has some really great points. 

Today people donate their organs, their bodies to science, and they leave behind their money to their kids. 

Would it be SO crazy to want to give my kid or friend my metallic abilities? And we know that hemalurgy doesn’t even need to steal magical properties. Would it be possible to give my grandkid my mental capacity to add to their own if i didn’t have an allomantic/hemalurgic ability to give to them...?

Or what if somebody you knew was injured and you wanted to give them your ability to burn pewter. 

OR WHAT IF

Your friend doesn’t have a body but needs one that is mistborn and you happen to be the last mistborn (presumably an incredibly powerful one since harmony himself gave you those abilities). 

Maybe that is where the sovereign got this nice new body?:huh: 

ooo yikes @Yata good point, I hadn’t even thought of that. 

I have a feeling that once whoever was spiked dies, the fragments that were spiked out of a person would return to the original owner. 

I don’t have anything to back this theory up except that when a kolos dies, several seperate souls appear in the cognitive realm. Not one jumbled mess of sDNA. 

53 minutes ago, Yata said:

It's more complex than organs donors.

With Hemalurgy you rip out a piece of your soul and It will affect you also post Death.... Surelly someone would do It regardless, but the price is different.

Not sure if I am having a mental blank because its Monday, but have we seen repercussions of Hemalurgy in regards to post-death? 

7 hours ago, Xtafa said:

Not sure if I am having a mental blank because its Monday, but have we seen repercussions of Hemalurgy in regards to post-death? 

In-story, don't think so. In-WoB though... it's some pretty rough stuff.

Questioner (on behalf of Yata)
When someone is spiked, and dies, does that affect the time they spend in the Cognitive? Someone spikes through you and you die--

Brandon Sanderson
Ohhhhh, oh okay, no, that might make you go faster.

Questioner
Is that why Harmony doesn’t know who's spiking people? Or--

Brandon Sanderson
Hmm. Yeah. Okay. I had not considered that. But yeah, sure. *laughter* Suuureee. You added to the canon. I mean, the actual answer was, when you're spiking somebody, you're ripping of the soul, so kind of, there's not enough left to talk. I mean, you're ripping off enough of the soul, so it's a bad thing. It's a very bad thing. So you go "Who killed you?" and it's just somebody who is essentially-- But yes, they would go faster too.

okay so i think we have cleared that donating yourself to hemalurgy might have some poor consequences for you in death. 

Couldn’t we override this though? If we gave subject A (the person donating their allomantic abilities to their buddy) an unkeyed/unsealed goldmind with enough health stored to keep subject A alive while we spiked out there allomancy (we know F-Gold heals the soul) then their spirit would be restored and boom. They are fine, no side effects, and subject B (their buddy) has allomancy. 

WIN WIN!

4 minutes ago, etmental said:

okay so i think we have cleared that donating yourself to hemalurgy might have some poor consequences for you in death. 

Couldn’t we override this though? If we gave subject A (the person donating their allomantic abilities to their buddy) an unkeyed/unsealed goldmind with enough health stored to keep subject A alive while we spiked out there allomancy (we know F-Gold heals the soul) then their spirit would be restored and boom. They are fine, no side effects, and subject B (their buddy) has allomancy. 

WIN WIN!

I suppose once Medallions become a common household item, that'll be valid. Until Era 3 do we wait.

6 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

I suppose once Medallions become a common household item, that'll be valid. Until Era 3 do we wait.

Would be interesting to see Hospitals that have a large dedicated Gold Mind for patients on the edge

23 hours ago, etmental said:

ooo yikes @Yata good point, I hadn’t even thought of that. 

I have a feeling that once whoever was spiked dies, the fragments that were spiked out of a person would return to the original owner. 

I don’t have anything to back this theory up except that when a kolos dies, several seperate souls appear in the cognitive realm. Not one jumbled mess of sDNA. 

Actually no, the Spike remains fine After the Spiked One dies. The stolen piece is still there and you May notice as Spikes are re-used over time.

I am not sure about the scene you refer to (but I assume It's from SH) and I remember that One a Koloss dies.... ONE person spawns in the CR not five. If five people spawn is a Brandon's error

Edited by Yata

• Chaos locked this topic