Avengers: Infinity War (Spoilers)

24 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

@Steeldancer I'm just going to ask you something:

Hide contents

If I got you correctly, you believe the snap-deaths will be permanent. How can that work, given that a Spidey movie has been announced, along with GotG3? Just curious to see your thoughts, because everyone else seems to think the exact opposite. 

I agree about Peter though (if it's Quill you mean). I thought going in that Loki would hurt the most (and it did hurt) but I was prepared for him dying. Quill was so awesome the entire movie, and basically made himself my favorite MCU character, and then he just died :-(

At least Rocket's still alive...

Spoiler

Whoops I meant the opposite. I think everyone who died from the snap is coming back. There’s no way Spider-Man and Black Panther aren’t coming back. They made too much money. 

57 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Whoops I meant the opposite. I think everyone who died from the snap is coming back. There’s no way Spider-Man and Black Panther aren’t coming back. They made too much money. 

Thanks. I almost thought so, because there is no way that actually happens. 

Saw it today. Got the biggest kick out of this since I didn’t know he was cast so it was a 100% surprise 

Dinklage as a giant Dwarf cosmic blacksmith!

loved the movie and very happy I finally finished Dr Strange this morning before I left. Was hoping Panther would be on dvd as I didn’t get show to see it yet.

On 4/26/2018 at 10:15 PM, Voidus said:

Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

My opinion kind of depends on what happens in part 2, I'm a bit worried they're just going to pull a deus ex machina and reverse that whole ending.

Spoiler

That's what the Infinity Gauntlet is, a nice deus ex machina. The thing is, though, if actual cost is involved (like when Thanos sacrificed Gamoora) it will be fine. At this point, the dust deaths are the stakes, not a resolution.

1 hour ago, Ammanas said:

I liked it overall. Even though it kept me entertainment it still felt like a really long movie though. The cliffhanger ending was a little annoying but I am willing to look past that.

The main issue with the cliffhanger is they started saying "Nah, it's a complete movie experience!" And though it may technically be true, it's quite clear the story is not over and more is to come. 

Much like Brandon's "stand alone novels." <_<

Spoiler

I agree with most people here, that they'll bring everybody back. Contractual reasons and etc. I liked Loki's arc, though ending it in the begining of the movie was a strange place. Thor..... Thor finally felt like a more three-dimensional character. When you count up all of the deaths and all of the crap that he has been through, you start to realize that he might be one of the most traumatized Avengers.

I think that they balanced all of the heroes pretty well, though I didn't like how little screen time Shuri, Bucky, and a few others got. Thanos is one of the best villains that Marvel has ever put together, and his sacrifice..... Gamora's death hurt me more that anyone else's. 

I have a bunch of other thoughts (more theorizing that reaction), but I'm a bit too disorderly to put them together.

I thought the ending was rather clear

Spoiler

Dr Strange saw all the futures and right before he dissappeared he said it was the only way. Earlier, when questioned about giving up the time stone, he said "it was endgame."I believe he saw a future where he had to give up the time stone for it all to work out eventually. So yes most if not everyone is coming back :)

I agree with @Ammanas. It's pretty clear.

Spoiler

I also wonder if Thanos will try to use the time stone to bring back Gamora, and if he'll lose the Soul Stone in the process. I also wonder how (elephant in the room) Captain Marvel will change things up. She is the ultimate Marvel Superhero.

Just saw this movie last night!!! It was fantastic!! Although it felt a little crowded (which I was ready for and didn't mind) and I think Black Panther is still my favorite Marvel movie at this point. I do have one question though...

Spoiler

What are you guys' thoughts on how they're going to bring back those who died in the snap? If they reverse time and bring back everyone who died in the snap, why don't they just reverse time to bring back Gamora, Loki, and Heimdall too? And if they do that, Infinity War is basically meaningless. I agree that they're bringing those who died in the snap back, but how? What are your thoughts? Also, I loved it at the end when I was in total shock and then I finally realized, "Strange knows what's going on, and they're all coming back." I just loved the way they dropped all of those hints (Strange saying he would do anything to protect the time stone then giving it up for Stark, saying "It was the only way" and "this is the endgame") and maybe I'm just slow but I loved it when it all finally clicked for me!!! And also (I know my thoughts are kinda disorderly right now) what were your thoughts on Red Skull?? 

@MistbornAlpaca 

Spoiler

I don’t know. They might have written themselves into a corner, but the writers seem very confident about the next one, so I’ll trust them. But I’d say Loki and Heimdall are defenitely dead. 

The fact that all the ones dying are franchise-builders, and the survivors were mostly old-guard leads me into believing that a switch will take place between dead and living characters.

What did everyone think of the Black Order? I loved Ebony Maw, but the rest felt flat.

Edited by Toaster Retribution

Spoiler

This is a pretty crazy theory, and I seriously doubt it's true, but what if everyone who "died" are actually the ones that survived?? And all of those who "survived" are actually the ones that died?? I doubt it, and I'm just going to trust the Russo' . 

I agree!! Ebony Maw was great! But they really could've done more with the rest of them. 

8 hours ago, MistbornAlpaca said:

Just saw this movie last night!!! It was fantastic!! Although it felt a little crowded (which I was ready for and didn't mind) and I think Black Panther is still my favorite Marvel movie at this point. I do have one question though...

Hide contents

What are you guys' thoughts on how they're going to bring back those who died in the snap? If they reverse time and bring back everyone who died in the snap, why don't they just reverse time to bring back Gamora, Loki, and Heimdall too? And if they do that, Infinity War is basically meaningless. I agree that they're bringing those who died in the snap back, but how? What are your thoughts? 

Spoiler

A couple things: Infinity War can still be meaningful even when everyone who was dusted is brought back. It's simply the stakes in the next Avengers, and so long as the sequel follows and expands what has occurred in Infinity War, that will work well enough. 

Think about Han Solo being frozen in carbonite. When he was freed at the beginning of Return of the Jedi, that did not invalidate or lessen the Empire scene, nor could it because that scene was intense and well crafted. Same with the end of Infinity War, and Strange clearly hinting at the possibility by implying they were on the one path to "winning".

Also, I don't think the Time Stone can just provide infinite do overs. In the movies, it has been considerably nerfed and has never been shown to go back even a day. 

To reverse the snap, they would need all the Infinity Stones and use them at once (the idea is that you need something as powerful as what caused the snap). Aside from getting the Infinity Stones, our heroes will have to find a way to use them together. This will be particularly difficult because the Snap pretty much broke the Gauntlet, the only thing in the universe that could safely allow one to use all the Infinity Stones at once.

So using the Infinity Stones together to undo the Snap will probably lead to permadeath of some older Avengers and, to insure that another Snap could not happen again, the destruction of all or some of the Infinity Stones. That would sufficently change the MCU to be impactful and being able to move on to other non-Infinity Stone centered stories.

6 hours ago, TheOrlionThatComesBefore said:
  Hide contents

A couple things: Infinity War can still be meaningful even when everyone who was dusted is brought back. It's simply the stakes in the next Avengers, and so long as the sequel follows and expands what has occurred in Infinity War, that will work well enough. 

Think about Han Solo being frozen in carbonite. When he was freed at the beginning of Return of the Jedi, that did not invalidate or lessen the Empire scene, nor could it because that scene was intense and well crafted. Same with the end of Infinity War, and Strange clearly hinting at the possibility by implying they were on the one path to "winning".

Also, I don't think the Time Stone can just provide infinite do overs. In the movies, it has been considerably nerfed and has never been shown to go back even a day. 

To reverse the snap, they would need all the Infinity Stones and use them at once (the idea is that you need something as powerful as what caused the snap). Aside from getting the Infinity Stones, our heroes will have to find a way to use them together. This will be particularly difficult because the Snap pretty much broke the Gauntlet, the only thing in the universe that could safely allow one to use all the Infinity Stones at once.

So using the Infinity Stones together to undo the Snap will probably lead to permadeath of some older Avengers and, to insure that another Snap could not happen again, the destruction of all or some of the Infinity Stones. That would sufficently change the MCU to be impactful and being able to move on to other non-Infinity Stone centered stories.

Spoiler

In Doctor Strange the time stone went back further than a day several times while Strange was experimenting with it, granted not to a person but it's still possible.

I saw the film on Saturday. Wow. My mind is blown. And it gave me some firsts in a Marvel film.

1. It made me cry

2. It totally caught me off guard

3. I actually was rooting for Thanos for a bit.

4. I literally felt like I was flying halfway through the film

On 4/29/2018 at 2:22 PM, Toaster Retribution said:

I don’t know. They might have written themselves into a corner, but the writers seem very confident about the next one, so I’ll trust them. But I’d say Loki and Heimdall are defenitely dead. 

The fact that all the ones dying are franchise-builders, and the survivors were mostly old-guard leads me into believing that a switch will take place between dead and living characters.

What did everyone think of the Black Order? I loved Ebony Maw, but the rest felt flat

For a guy who basically was there to lick Thanos' shoes, he was great. My only problem was that

Spoiler

he died first. What a waste.

Besides Ebony Maw, I would say Corvus Glaive was the next best one. Proxima Midnight was fine, but there is literally nothing to Cull Obsidian. He just roars the entire time.

I'm currently writing an essay that I will post later on here.

If it plays out anything like the comic, I'm predicting Cap'n Marvel and Adam Warlock come in to stomp his face. I'm hoping what they'll do with Loki is similar to his Young Avengers/Hel storyline where he will be constantly resurrected in a new body every time he dies

1 hour ago, ParadoxicalZen said:

If it plays out anything like the comic, I'm predicting Cap'n Marvel and Adam Warlock come in to stomp his face. I'm hoping what they'll do with Loki is similar to his Young Avengers/Hel storyline where he will be constantly resurrected in a new body every time he dies

Spoiler

I hope Loki stays dead. I love the character, but he needs to stay dead. They can’t bring everyone back. And I don’t want them to recast Hiddleston either. 

Adam Warlock wont be in A4. Cap Marvel will be, however, so she will have to do the stomping alone.

@Captains Domon I’ll rank them like this:

Squidward > Corvus > Cull > Proxima

I expected more of Proxima Midnight, so I’m disappointed by her. I expected less of Cull, so I was positively surprised. Corvus gets second spot by virtue of looking cool.

Edited by Toaster Retribution