How Many of You Would Use a Website for Buying Cheaper Books?

Kidpen

Would You Use This Site?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Use This Site?

• Yes
    • No

So, I'm making a website for a school project. The end plan is that it will send an email to you when any book on your Goodread's wish list go cheaper than a specified amount. That's not what I have right now, but I was curious about how many of you would use something like that. 

Oh, and this wouldn't be for Kindle books. Apparently Amazon doesn't want to let programmers get the price of those, so the only possible way is something I don't want to do.

Edited by Kidpen

Just now, Apollyon said:

Hmm... this is a good idea. I would probably use it for any and all of Brandon’s books. Is there a way to specify that ‘set amount’?

Yes, the amount would be something put in by the user.

Just now, Aurora the Rioter said:

This sounds good, but does it have to go through GoodReads or could I just tell the site what books I want?  I have GoodReads, but I don’t use it too much anymore.

Has to be through Goodread's. You would click a login button which would link you to a Goodread's sign in page. You sign in and it knows your want to read books. I might make it so you can change your list through the site though. 

1 hour ago, Kidpen said:

So, I'm making a website for a school project. The end plan is that it will send an email to you when any book on your Goodread's wish list go cheaper than a specified amount. That's not what I have right now, but I was curious about how many of you would use something like that. 

Oh, and this wouldn't be for Kindle books. Apparently Amazon doesn't want to let programmers get the price of those, so the only possible way is something I don't want to do.

While this is an excellent idea, it's kinda already been done in the form of GoodReads Deals.

2 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

While this is an excellent idea, it's kinda already been done in the form of GoodReads Deals.

Wait, really? Crap. I even searched up quite a bit to see if this has been done. They clearly need to market this better. Although, they technically don't have an option for physical books. Not that useful, but at least that means this wasn't a total waste.

1 hour ago, Kidpen said:

Wait, really? Crap. I even searched up quite a bit to see if this has been done. They clearly need to market this better. Although, they technically don't have an option for physical books. Not that useful, but at least that means this wasn't a total waste.

True. I totally forgot that GoodReads Deals only works with ebooks and not physical copies! I would definitely be interested in an alert system for paper copies since I'm already subscribed to the GoodReads one. :)

• Chaos locked this topic