21 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win?

• MoHaam/Riathor
    • Gancho Libre/Nei'an

@Gancho Libre's character:

Spoiler

Name: Nei'an

Investiture: Twinborn of Electrum, Aviar that shows death

Weapons: Mini-traps, package-shaped, containing deadly materials from Patji. Can be thrown like a bomb. Also has a spiked truncheon.

Weakness: Not what you would call the physical type, also has a genetic low pain register (maybe could be an advantage?)

Physical: About 5'6'', somewhat scrawny, hat with a secret electrum compartment, covered in scars and burns, limp in the left leg

Relatives: Looking for them.

Homeland: Scadrial, Western Dominance

History: encountered a Worldhopper who owned an Aviar, one the Worldhopper died in a battle, Nei'an took care of the bird. The Worldhopper (who was from First of the Sun) also had an assortment of mini-traps that are described above. Somehow using the Aviar to guide him, Nei'an accidentally Worldhopped, and from then one followed in his Aviar's carrier's footsteps. Intrigued by the various worlds, Nei'an wondered if his relatives had traveled as well, and began a search for them.

@MoHaam's character:

Spoiler

Name: Riathor Hasting

Investiture: Mistborn, spiked F gold. Shardblade.

Relatives: one brother who I have no idea is alive.

Weakness: can't compound due to traumatic experience. Very bad at duelling with the extra length of the shardblade prefers shorter weapons.

Home planet: Scadrial (FE)

Appearance: average height, always wears very colourful clothes unless assassinating someone etc.

History (very brief) : all his family were assassinated in front of him. Snapped, killed the assassin. Had nowhere left to go. A kandra called MoHaam saved him. After that went on a murder spree of assassins. Got over his rage eventually. Got a shardblade from one of his kills. Got captured and tortured. Capturers accidentally spiked him, he managed to escape. Ever since very suspicious of EVERYONE except for MoHaam.

The arena is empty, the bleachers uncharacteristically silent. Breaths are held, hands are clenched, people are hurridly striding back towards their seat, after having left to gather arena food. All is still. Then, the gigantic doors on either side of the stadium begin to creak open, and light floods into the otherwise dark tunnels beyond. Into the arena steps two duelists; two gladiators; two opportunists who have sought to claim superiority over the other. One, a man of average height, stunned the audience with an array of colorful clothing. The other, a scrawny man, bearing scratches and scars alike, wore a thick overcoat. 

"Welcome to one battle of many, the Contest of Champions!" The fabrial loudspeaker projected a deep and... inspiring voice. The silence surrounding the stadium shattered into shouts and cries. "Announcing the Competitors!" More screams from the crowd. "On the western door emerges Nei'an, a Scadrian. One the eastern door emerges Riathor, also Scadrian. Today, they battle for glory and honor!" The audience went crazy, as they always did for a duel. A couple of them pointed out that Honor was dead. 

The two competitors strode for the center of the arena, and once there shook hands, murmuring good luck for the other. However, both of them took the chance given to them to size up their opponents. 

And both of them soon became convinced in their ability to beat the other.

"Announcing the Mediator, @Mraize!" The loudspeaker cried. The audience, if possible, yelled louder. Louder and louder as the mediator walked towards the special mediator box, for his presence signaled the beginning of the fight. Yelling, stamping, whistling, screaming, NOISE. Then silence again. Wonderful silence. None spoke. Preparations were being made. The Mediator prepared to mediate, the announcer prepared to announce, the entertainers, the fighters, prepared to entertain. Finally, the loudspeakers blared once more. "Mediator, are you ready?" Mraize nodded. "Competitors, are you ready?" Riathor responded by summoning his Shardblade, and Nei'an responded by pulling a bag-like package out of his coat. "Then BATTLE!" 

That last word seemed to be the ok-sign for the audience to resume their chatter, which they did with exaggerated tones. Mraize watched intently (or perhaps he took a short nap, but let's assume he watched), and the two opportunists situated inside the arena began to run towards each other with a dark, dangerous passion.

@MoHaam, because I set the stage, you can go first.

• Gancho Libre changed the title to Challenge of Champions: Riathor V Nei'an

Is there any audience members wanting my thoughts on how this battle is going to go? If you do comment upvote anything in regards to getting my attention and I will post my thoughts.

Edit: Thoughts will be forth coming.

Edited by Mraize

This spoiler contains sensitive information. Contestants should not look until after the battle. 

Spoiler

This battle could go either way and I will explain both. 

Riathor wins

Mohaam will win of he is able to eliminate the Aviar, which is allowed, early on in the fight. This will limit his opponent to his compounding and allomancy. He is not going to use is shardblade as much keeping pewter burning and using his steelpushes and ironpulling to attack rather than using his shardblade. Dueling and his blade are a weakness and should not be used unless in dire need. He has gold that he can use so some healing which will help. 

Nei'an wins

Gancho Libre will win if he can manage to keep his Aviar alive by keeping attention on him and pressing his opponent into dueling. Burning his compounded metal will allow him be able to negate emotional allomancy and resist pain and such. His weapons are better up close and if he is able to strap his trap/bomb things he could do serious damage. 

tips my hat to nei'an/ @Gancho Libre   , lets start the festives and try to keep collateral damage to a minimum. looks to Mraize, just keep in mind we are allowed to kill you if we want.

EDIT: (secretly starts burning pewter, and steel and feathering tin, then targets @Mraize with his zinc rioting his emotions to give me a better chance of a better outcome)

asks nei'an quick question how high do you think your chances are of winning

Edited by MoHaam

"pi times ten to the 2 power. Percent!" Nei'an yelled. 

Klaw, his Aviar, started circling overhead, squawking. Nei'an started seeing dead bodies pile up around his competitor, some with wounds he recognized from his times in Scadrial.

Coin wounds... He thought. And a lot of them...

But what were those bodies, devoid of any battle wounds, that stared straight into the sky? 

This man was very dangerous, as he had weapons Nei'an had never seen before. There were worlds Nei'an hadn't visited. There was only one thing to do.

Nei'an started compounding Electrum.

Then, he grabbed his truncheon, designed specifically to rip off flesh, and a Patji bombe, filled with Deathants, one in either hand.

And Nei'an charged.

Edited by Gancho Libre

My character (who was originally designed for KotC) can compound electrum as well, though he doesn't use it for massive determination, he knows that he is stubborn and is only really willing to use it to recharge his metalminds. I designed my character before I saw yours. 

Are you serious? At my bird too? it can't defend itself :D

Klaw flies higher to escape the coins, and Nei'an, having been warned with a coin-ridden body just to his left, sprang to the side in a somersault. A coin managed to graze his shoulder, but Nei'an ignored that. He chucked one of his six deathant bombs at Riathor.

We have to wait for a mediator, I think it's Mraize. Also, because my character has a lot of supplies, I'll make a list of what he has for this battle:

Six deathant bombs (now five)

One long knife (not listed in my description, but who wouldn't have one?)

Two strands of spiked vine things from Patji (dunno what they're called)

The Truncheon

His secret weapon (I won't use it this battle, or probably any battle. I'll proabably use it if I'm attacked by an assassin, so ignore this asset)

And Klaw

My truncheon, my overcoat, my knife

The coin bursts open the package, releasing hundreds of tiny deathants between Nei'an and Riathor. They start to spread out.

"Dusts!" Nei'an screams. "They were supposed to hit you!

instead, Nei'an pulled out his truncheon and advanced towards Riathor, cautiously circling the deathants circle.