Is steel the eternal metal?

SteelFire

Is steel the eternal metal.   I feel like for the most part steel and its metallurgic powers are a bit on the strong side.  Steelpushing for one I feel like is very strong and a bit more practical then copper or bronze.  It is also very forceful for the style.  Steelrunning is also a very impressive power.  Being able to be slow for a time then be very speedy.  The downside of being slow for a time does not feel like that big of a sacrifice.  Imagine the compounding capabilities! If one person was both a Steel allomancer as well as a feruchemist the results could be insane.  The compounding to push and be going at the possible speed of sound ids amazing.  Let me know what you think.

Welcome! Steel is a fun metal for sure. I don't know if I'd call it more powerful than the higher or God metals though. Double gold is a very impressive combination (case and point, miles hundredlives). If I were a twinborn, I'd probably want to be gold. Or maybe atium, but that's harder to get in practice. 

Welcome to the Shard!

2 hours ago, SteelFire said:

The compounding to push and be going at the possible speed of sound ids amazing.

Steel is quite powerful and a steel compounder would be terrifying, but they're not necessarily as overpowered as they look. Steelrunners still have to contend with friction and will harm or kill themselves if they try to go too fast. They get a minor boost to their mental processing so they can use their powers (most powers do something similar) but it's still possible they could hurt themselves badly by running into things at Ludicrous Speed if they're not being careful.

I dunno, I think if I could be a compounder I'd want zinc for the combo of rioting and massively enhanced mental speed but there's other awesome combinations as well. Electrum and bendalloy spring immediately to mind.