14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Mraize/Rhazien
    • Kidpen/Kalmar

Mraize's Alleyverse character:

Spoiler

Name: Rhazien Voylderyrin

Investiture: Transformation and Transportation (Elsecaller-3rd) ~150 Breaths

Weakness: Rhazien as no clue how to use Transformation. Anytime he attempts he accidentally turns it into completely different than he intended to. Mainly opposites. 

Appearance: Black cloak with tearable strips and hood, vambrace, paldrons and gauntlets and red and white decorated mask. 

Physical characteristics: oval face, dark brown hair, thick eyebrows, and hazel eyes. He is 6' 2". He is about 27

Relatives: None that are important. 

Home planet: Roshar. Specifically western Roshar. 

History: Rhazien grew up in a home and was taught that kindness is the attribute you should emulate. He bonded his Spren, Asha, at the early age of 10. Two years later his was caught in a high storm and accidentally transported himself to shadesmar. Luckily for Rhazien, sailors were passing and saved him from drowning. The sailors were taking a group of people to Nalthis. These world hoppers took Rhazien with them and dropped him off at the Court of the Gods where he was taken in by the god of Kindness. This is where he learned about his 3rd oath and began his collection of Breaths.  He soon discovered how to get off Nalrhis and took the opportunity to journey back to Roshar. 

Kidpen's Alleyverse character:

Spoiler

Name: Kalmar Beowulf

Investiture: Dark oculator. Monocle for the following lenses: Disguiser's, Educator's, Bestower's, Firebringer's.

Weakness: Very controlling and obsessive. Arrogant.

Relatives: None in the Alleyverse

Home planet: Earth. Specifically the United States.

Appearance: Tall, about 6'2. He wears typical clothes for earth, but in all black.

History: Kalmar has always loved to be powerful. He's also loved things to be in their proper place. This naturally led him to read many horrible fantasy novels, even some as unwieldy as Brandon Sanderson's novels, but the Liebrarians found him soon enough. They came to him and convinced him to join. It wasn't long before he found himself brought to the very top. The Highbrary. However, he recently discovered a way to become a character in the books, and thus sort them more accurately, so that's what he did. His 318th book was called "The History of the Alleyverse" by Macthorsten, Voidus, Mraize, and Nohadon. Knowing the true power in knowledge, he brought few lenses, and only one combat. However, he got stuck in this one in a plot to get rid of him and advance. He knows there is almost no way for him to get home, so his only goal now is to make the Alleyverse exactly like his home.

----------------------------------------

Kalmar Roleplay:

Spoiler

Kalmar looked down on his clipboard, murmuring to himself as he stepped through the portal to another world. "Alright, book number 318, History of the Alleyverse". A history book. This was bound to be dull. His surroundings as he arrived were interesting however. There was a large pit with spectators all around watching. One man, in a black cloak was describing his victory to many adoring fans. The man jumped when he finally spotted Kalmar. "I challenge you to a duel!" he yelled. Kalmar chuckled to himself as he slipped on his Firebringer's lenses. This was sure to be interesting.

Relevant stuff:

Once again, the announcer boomed from above: "What's this!? A new man has arrived to challenge the champion, Rhazien! In this corner, we have the reigning champion, an Elsecaller of the 3rd ideal, and awakener, Rhazien!!!!". The crowd boomed upon his name. "And in this corner, someone who apparently wears glasses, the challenger!" No one cheered at this.

The enemies came forward to shake hands.

"May the best man win" Rhazien said.

"I plan too" responded Kalmar. With this, he put on his Firebringer's lenses and prepared himself for anything.

If anyone who isn't me or Mraize (or whoever we decide on for a mediator) wants to comment please make it a different color or put it in a quote.

@Mraize, you can go first.

No poll? :(

Here's my prediction (for the fans, you to fighters probably shouldn't peek since it explains strategy etc) : 

Spoiler

Kalmar wins, but not by much.

Rhazien is good at close combat, and he's more experienced. Rhazien can have pretty much any weapon he likes, but he needs to get in close to use them effectively. His teleportation should help with this, and if I were him, I'd fight like that marvel villain The Ghost does. Unfortunately for Rhazien, he can be harmed because he's tangible, and his healing ability is finite. 

On the other hand the Liebrarian has some interesting weapons. I know the books have a low opinion of the offensive lens, but I expect the firebringers lens will serve kalmar well, allowing him to keep his foe at a distance. 

The disguisers lens can be used for psychological warfare. 

Educators lense is super powerful. Slowing down time will help him attack and not get hacked to pieces. 

The final lens can be used to give the enemy a sense of weakness, but he'll use it sparingly since it's hard to use, and takes its toll. 

In the end, it will come down to Rhazien trying to score a hit while running for his life, and Beowulf eventually winning, but he'll be careful as he has no healing ability. I expect at least one of his lenses gets broken in the process. Happy dueling! 

As of right now it is a 100% my way. I hope you don't mind if the I get some wakefullness since for my character it is a back to back fight. We need a Mediator unless we want to do this by votes...

Rhazien: 100hp

-

The medics gave him a band of wakefulness, which he tapped immediately. Almost instantaneously he felt better. Rhazien summoned Atha into two shortswords, dulled edged as was required in the arena, and fell into Duelstance*. He watched his opponent. He had the feeling that he would need to be more logical than he had been in his fight with Mace. The man he fought possessed powers Rhazien had not yet seen. Then he attacked in a flurry.

*duelstance= Duelstance is an aggressive one-handed stance with the blades in one hand each. It is defined by furious constant attacks, but one that allows fluidity with two blades. Attacks rely on thrusts, jabs, lunges, and swings. (yes I made this up)

Edited by Mraize

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I can mediate if you'd like. At least until someone else gets here. I promise to be unbiased. @Mraize @Kidpen

Yeah. Sounds good. Mraize, I assumed you would be healed up.

Kalmar was ill-prepared. He quickly got on his Educator's lenses to slow down the torrent of attacks, but even that only made Rhazien move half as fast. A glancing blow managed to hit Kalmar as he dodged. But he then slipped on firebringer's lenses and shot a beam straight at Rhazien's chest.

Rhazien didn't know what to expect from the beam, but he knew that it would be good. He attempted to dodge but failed the beam hit him in the arm, and he felt a sense of burning. He cursed verbally. He proceeded to switch out and in of the physical realm. He phased in and out he stopped when he appeared right behind Kalmar, bringing both blades down on her back.

Kalmar is a guy.

Kalmar could see the man phasing in and out of view. This was very odd, but not unmanageable. But before he could respond, he felt a horrible sensation on his back. It seems Rhazien had managed to get behind and slice at the back. Kalmar used his disguisers lenses to change into a midget he had once seen to avoid further penetration, but the damage was done. Kalmar changed back and used the bestower's lenses to transfer his pain to Rhazien, although the wound itself would remain unchanged.

Edited by Kidpen

The pain was not something new to Rhazien, but it was unexpected was the thing. He screamed, falling to his knees. In a moment of confusion, he transported himself to the cognitive realm. While there he focused his breathing through gritted teeth and visualized it going away. He breathes in more stormlight to help him focus on moving rather than the pain. He transports himself back to the physical realm, near the base of the stands. Atha formed a shield and three kunai in his dominant hand for throwing and one in his hand hidden behind the shield. The pain was still there, but only slightly, probably enough to through off his aim, but he didn't care. He threw his three kunai at Kalmar who stood relatively in the center waiting for him to reappear.

Archer, I'll let you decide what happened with the Kunai. Let's say I used the disguiser's lenses to change into someone smaller, but you can decide if it hit me and how much.

Kalmar changed into the midget from before to avoid the knives, and they may or may not have hit him an arbitrary amount. Kalmar switched out his disguiser's lenses for his educator's lenses, and decided to go old school. Moving twice as fast as Rhazien, he went up and punched him in the face and the stomach multiple times. He then backed up away.

Face meets Fist = - 10 

Kalmar now has 75 HP.

Rhazien now has 75.2 HP

@Kidpen We'll say that time you were a little slow and surprised. In future, the damage may be less. I'll tell you what the outcome is of the attack. 

EDIT: ^ was in reference to the swords. 

Edited by Archer

Kunai Chaos = - 5

Kalmar now has 70 HP.

Rhazien now has 75.2 HP

Sorry for the kunai confusion. I misread the attack, but I think I'm back up to speed now.

A gust of wind caused one of the kunai that was thrown to slash Kalmar as it flew by. It was painful.

Kalmar felt the stab and grunted, although he was still transferring all of his pain to Rhazien. The knife wouldn't come out, so he sent a beam of fire into Rhaziens hand and yanked the knife out as hard as he could.

The thought behind this is that it wouldn't do damage, but would disable Rhazien. You can interpret it however you like though.

Again, more pain this time in the gut. He forcibly kept a scream down. He reached for the lenses, the ones she was currently using. That had to be the one, right? He attempted to soulcast it into anything, but no it would not work, he tried again. become fire he commanded. Instead, the lenses turned to water, drenching Kalmar. 

Don't know if that would work...

He breathed in stormlight, glowing brightly, hopping to blind the man he fought. Rhazien turned Atha into a spear and attempted to sweep his foe off his feet, and afterwards spear the man.

Edited by Mraize