Great Quotes misattributed to Sanderson's Characters.

Dahak

I love the smell of napalm in the morning- Lord Ruler

It is a better thing I do today than I have ever done before- Hrathen

The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic -Odium or The Blackthorne at his most bestial point of his life.

My friends are my power- Vin (Kingdom Hearts)

His name is Susan and he would appreciate if you respect his choices -Wit talking to Dalinar about his horse (Doctor Who)

I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and bright! - Allrienne

I'm so shiny! -Adolin wearing his Plate the first time (Moana)

I'm surrounded by idiots -Sadeas (various Disney villains)

Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun, wandering free, wish I could be, part of your world -Shallan

Fool! -Bastille (Ace Attorney ;))

13 hours ago, Draginon said:

My friends are my power- Vin (Kingdom Hearts)

His name is Susan and he would appreciate if you respect his choices -Wit talking to Dalinar about his horse (Doctor Who)

I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and bright! - Allrienne

I'm so shiny! -Adolin wearing his Plate the first time (Moana)

I'm surrounded by idiots -Sadeas (various Disney villains)

Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun, wandering free, wish I could be, part of your world -Shallan

Fool! -Bastille (Ace Attorney ;))

The Shallan one would also work for Nahel Spren.

"Never get involved in a land war in Alethkar!"  -- young Dalinar

"Are we human because we gaze at the moons, or do we gaze at them because we are human?" -- Jasnah (There is something strange about those moons...)

"Every gun makes its own tune" -- Wax or Ranette

16 minutes ago, Moonrise said:

"Never get involved in a land war in Alethkar!"  -- young Dalinar

"Are we human because we gaze at the moons, or do we gaze at them because we are human?" -- Jasnah (There is something strange about those moons...)

"Every gun makes its own tune" -- Wax or Ranette

The first one is Princess Bride, and the second one is from Stardust, correct? And what's the third one from?

‘Aristocrats don’t notice philosophical conundra. They just ignore them. Philosophy includes contemplating the possibility that you might be wrong, sir, and a real aristocrat knows that he is always right. It’s not vanity, you understand, it’s built-in absolute certainty. They may sometimes be as mad as a hatful of spoons, but they are always definitely and certainly mad.’

-- Vin

I did this weird thing a few minutes ago:

"YOU! SHALL NOT! PASS!" Replies Dumbledore.

"Mmmmm... Lies," says Harry Potter or of the blue.

"I'm going to eat their dinners," Dobby growls.

"Isn't philosophy the art of saying nothing with as many words as possible?" Asks Hagrid.

"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before... Before..." Voldemort forces out. Then he drops to the floor.

"Dead as a door nail!" Shallan says happily, bouncing into the room. 

This was on a conversation among the members of TUBA. I just provided the entertainment.

Edited by Pagerunner
Removed OB spoilers

2 hours ago, Tesh said:

The first one is Princess Bride, and the second one is from Stardust, correct? And what's the third one from?

Correct! The third is from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly," an old classic perpetually on my to-watch list, but I seem to have heard that is a popular quote.

¨Books fix everything!¨ - Elend 

¨This is NOT THE RELIC SAME AS THE MIST! IT´S NOT!¨ - Vin while thinking about Ruin 

¨Justice will be swift! Justice will be painful! It will be delicious!¨ - Lift 

...I should really do something besides RWBY. It just has so many good quotes...

Edited by Pagerunner

"I am Welcomed in the Home of Ravens and Other Scavengers in the Wake of Warriors. I am Friend to Carrion Crows and Wolves. I am Carry Me and Kill with Me and Die with Me Where the Road Ends. I am not the Honeyed Promise of Length of Life in Years to Come, I am the Iron Promise of Never Being a Slave."

-- Nightblood

"It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing. Flowers are blooming. On days like this people like you... should be burning in hell" Kaladin to Amaram (or anyone to their enemy)

"Now for the final ingredient... [part of] A human soul!" Hemalurgists

"Deep, deep in my soul. There's a burning feeling I can't describe. A burning feeling that WON'T let me die." -Kelsier 

"Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt? Look at yourself. You made all these great friends, but now, you'll probably never see them again. Not to mention how much they've been set back by you. Hurts, doesn't it? If you had just gone through without caring about anyone, you wouldn't have to feel bad now. So I don't get it. If you really did everything the right way, why did things still end up like this? Why...? Is life really that unfair?" Odium.

all are actually from Undertale.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2018 at 9:43 PM, Pagerunner said:

Friendly reminder that Oathbringer spoilers are not allowed in this subforum at this time.

What did I say that was a spoiler? Sorry, it's been a while. 

"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."
-Leras / Preservation 
(Actually from...) 

Spoiler

Albert Einstein

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
-Vin 
(Actually from...)

Spoiler

Lao Tzu

"Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated then, I promise!"
-Steris (in her head) to Wayne
(Actually from...)

Spoiler

Bill Watterson in Calvin and Hobbes

"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason."
-Kelsier talking about the Luthadel Assembly (if he'd been around)
(Actually from...)

Spoiler

Mark Twain

"Crazy people don't know they are crazy.  I know I am crazy, therefore I am not crazy.  Isn't that crazy?"
-Zane
(Actually from...)

Spoiler

Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

"If you want to have the final say in an argument, just tell your opponent: 'I suppose you're right.'"
-Sazed
(Actually from...)

Spoiler

Winston Churchill

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the bird is going to poop on the board and strut around like it won anyway."
-Hoid
(Actually from... I have no idea.  Anonymous, I suppose?)

Edited by Zath
Spelling