Your drawing nemesis

Zelly

I've recently tried getting back into art after a looong recess where I didn't have time and fell out of the habit of regular drawing.

I'm remembering how I struggle with feet.  Hands I love.  I can draw hands all day.  But feet and shoes, no. I love it when characters wear floor length dresses.  Or I go super lazy and have them conveniently standing behind a random crate. >_>

I also draw people fairly short.  I'm only 5'2, so drawing tall people is very, "But why are their legs so long? Is this normal?!"  o_o

So artsy folk, what's your drawing nemesis?   Same for writing folks, you're pretty much doing art in your head.  What do you struggle with visually? Character design? Scene setting?

You love hands!? Hands are my drawing nemesis. They either look like claws, mitts with only the thumbs, or weird blobs. It's very disappointing, because I love how expressive they can be. But I can never get them right. Now eyes...eyes are awesome, and I'm even pretty decent at them.

My writing nemesis is actually coming up with ideas...if I have something, I can write about it easily. But ideas are hard to pin down, and even if I do, I start talking myself out of it because it either "won't work" or "it's been done before" or "you can't turn that into a real plot." Sighhhh...:P-_-

Edited by Truthweaver
typo