[OB] Oathbringer Letters

Jehoiada

Question

Spoiler for mistborn

Spoiler

The beginning of chapter 54 Oathbringer 

"I would have thought before attaining my current station that a deity could not be surprised obviously that is not true, I can be surprised I can perhaps even be nieve I think."

Beginning of chapter 55

"I am the least equipped of all to aid you in this endeavor, I am finding that the powers I hold are in such conflict that the most simple of actions can be difficult."

Beginning of chapter 56

"I am also made uncertain by your subterfuge, why have you not made yourself known to me before this? how is it that you can hide? who are you truly? and how do you know so much about adonalsium?"

So Im not sure if its him or not, but it sounds just like Saized, especially if you listen to the audio book. Michael Kramer reads it just like its Saiz. I would love some confirmation on this. I think it is, but I could be dead wrong so let me know, and who do you think he is talking to????

5 answers to this question

Ahh, I see where the confusion came from, you posted three samples and thought that when I mentioned three letters I was referring to those samples individually. I should have been more clear there. Yeah, as Toastbringer says all three of those are part of the same letter, written by Harmony. It's the earlier two letters in the book (not part of your samples) that I was referring to when I said they were written by other Shards.

Now that there's a spoiler tag on the title it's safe to drop the tags so this topic doesn't look like that one sample chapter of Dragonsteel Prime that Brandon shared where half a paragraph was a big mess of [REDACTED]. xD

You've got the verbal tic right and that does mean exactly what you think, you're just remembering the order wrong. That's in the last of the letters. The first two of them begin by addressing the recipient as 'Cephandrius' which so far as we know is one of Hoid's identities that only the Shards and Frost know. Well, them and one more.

Spoiler

As of Secret History, Kelsier has heard Leras mention it, even if he doesn't know all the history there.

Oh, and I missed your question about the audiobook reading earlier. Brandon has said that was intentional.

Edited by Weltall