TUBA - The Underground Bakers' Association

Stormblessed Dolphin

1 hour ago, MoHaam said:

how do you join tuba, I am not involved in the DA but I am in the ghostbloods or the canton of combat evil

You can join by wanting to, but considering you're already part of the Ghostbloods and the Canton of Combat it might not be a good idea to do so, as you'll find yourself with conflicting alliances a lot. I would say that 2 is the maximum of Alleyverse guilds you can somewhat comfortably be a part of. Of course you can leave one and join another.

5 minutes ago, ElephantEarwax said:

Could I get 5 of each cookie please @Leyrann? I need them for research purposes. Also, if you make then 5 of each of the other metals.

Research purposes...

Sorry, we cannot do that, I am afraid. Nothing to do with you personally, but you must understand that distributing cookies for research purposes will eventually end up with information on our baking process in the hands of our competitors, which would give away the edge we currently have.

Of course, you are free to take one cookie. I might add, however, that these cookies cannot do anything magical - you can become a misting through eating one, but eating another type will not give you a second power. Such are the rules of our world - it's either one power, or all of them. And we're not giving away cookies that give all of them, as previously explained.

7 hours ago, Leyrann said:

Research purposes...

Sorry, we cannot do that, I am afraid. Nothing to do with you personally, but you must understand that distributing cookies for research purposes will eventually end up with information on our baking process in the hands of our competitors, which would give away the edge we currently have.

Of course, you are free to take one cookie. I might add, however, that these cookies cannot do anything magical - you can become a misting through eating one, but eating another type will not give you a second power. Such are the rules of our world - it's either one power, or all of them. And we're not giving away cookies that give all of them, as previously explained.

Dang rules of our world. I need to rewrite those.

The most honourable and righteous Archer has witnessed my oaths, but I would like to make them official.

I swear henceforth to oppose myself in all ways to the activities of the organization labelling itself the Dark Alley, to never reveal information deemed confidential or secret regarding our counter-organization, the Underground Bakery Association, to never spike any item at all, let alone baked, with things which ought not to be in those items, neither in letter or in spirit, and my allegiance to our Underground Bakery Association and it alone, unless under special circumstances, such as my joining of other guilds being able to further our cause.

I swear these oaths, knowing full well the potential consequences. TFA, I am glad to become thine enemy and vow myself in opposition to your nefarious order of sorcerers and hemalurgists. To my now-brothers, do not fear the Dark Alley. They're a big organisation, after all. And you know what they say - the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Yes. I do have a soft spot for the Dark Alley. I think it's cute. Childishly cute. I wish that I did not have to involve myself in this, but I felt that it was best to just stamp out such futile and immature... behaviour... before it grows out of control and before it actually becomes a problem.

And, as for why I joined, TUBA stands for what the DA cannot - true freedom, from all internet trolls and internet webmasters and psychotic internet overlords, such as yourself, @ElephantEarwax. It stands for protection and refuge from forced conformity and enslavement. And... as for the timing, I can't comment, other than to say that I wasn't aware of the SUCCESSFUL coup and that I just felt the timing was only right now for me to join.

@Stormblessed Dolphin Thanks. I felt that your cause was a worthy one because.... well, I'll just crosspost from Elephant Earwax's thread:

2. I oppose your DA because I think that people should be given the choice on whether or not to be spiked and become a drab. Posting incessantly in the introduction forums, in threads started by new joiners who don't know any better than to do as you say, is not giving people this freedom of choice.

3. I chose to fight for new forumites' freedoms. Mind, I don't have anything against the DA members, or against it as a whole. You can spike people all you want, but they need to be cosmere aware enough to know and accept the consequences of being spiked, and not have to experience being spiked or turned to drab without the intent to do so.

Now, can I be directed to the PM and the discord?

39 minutes ago, The Thinking Herald said:

Yes. I do have a soft spot for the Dark Alley. I think it's cute. Childishly cute. I wish that I did not have to involve myself in this, but I felt that it was best to just stamp out such futile and immature... behaviour... before it grows out of control and before it actually becomes a problem.

And, as for why I joined, TUBA stands for what the DA cannot - true freedom, from all internet trolls and internet webmasters and psychotic internet overlords, such as yourself, @ElephantEarwax. It stands for protection and refuge from forced conformity and enslavement. And... as for the timing, I can't comment, other than to say that I wasn't aware of the SUCCESSFUL coup and that I just felt the timing was only right now for me to join.

The Dark Alley is true freedom. We have not forced anyone to do anything but forcing those who have opposed us in the past to die. 

I follow this. We will not lose.

So, you do admit to being an evil, psychotic internet overlord. Something we can agree on, at the very least. Thus, we can also agree that, like all too many villains, overconfidence will lead to your demise, regardless of any "codes".

And as for forcing me to die, don't make me laugh.

Edited by The Thinking Herald

5 minutes ago, The Thinking Herald said:

So, you do admit to being an evil, psychotic internet overlord. Something we can agree on, at the very least.

And as for forcing me to die, don't make me laugh.

I am not an overlord. I will use the list to free everyone. I let them distribute whatever they want and live how they choose. But as for me. Hemalurgy.

Edited by ElephantEarwax

A puff of metallic dust reveals a small metallic contraption, a silvery spike set inside a harness and sprouting four legs. The spike spits out a small letter before disappearing again.

Let it be known that the Light Alley was in fact a very real organization that existed several years ago, it was one of several attempts to combat the Dark Alley, all of which have thus far been entirely unsuccessful. As the Dark Alley has since overthrown the Light Alley and assumed all its patents and we understand you attempted to fraudulently use the name of the Light Alley for your own benefit, we have no choice but to press claims for damages. You'll be hearing from our lawyers shortly, though we will consider a settlement of a large portion of souls.
All the best,
Voidus, First Lurker, Original Denizen, Head of Sales, etc.

2 hours ago, Voidus said:

A puff of metallic dust reveals a small metallic contraption, a silvery spike set inside a harness and sprouting four legs. The spike spits out a small letter before disappearing again.

Let it be known that the Light Alley was in fact a very real organization that existed several years ago, it was one of several attempts to combat the Dark Alley, all of which have thus far been entirely unsuccessful. As the Dark Alley has since overthrown the Light Alley and assumed all its patents and we understand you attempted to fraudulently use the name of the Light Alley for your own benefit, we have no choice but to press claims for damages. You'll be hearing from our lawyers shortly, though we will consider a settlement of a large portion of souls.
All the best,
Voidus, First Lurker, Original Denizen, Head of Sales, etc.

I must have missed something. We're the Light Alley now?

3 minutes ago, ElephantEarwax said:

This Light Alley. @Stormblessed Dolphin This did exise and you tried to use the LA name, infringing on the DA. Do your research. 

Interesting thread.

Now where does it say the Dark Alley has overthrown it?

Additionally, where do you have proof that the Dark Alley has the patent on use of the name "Light Alley"?

And if that is even the case, who will you sue over the name "Light Alley", when the organisation no longer exists?

Sure, if you indeed have patent on the name "Light Alley", which I doubt, you could probably force a name change for an organisation named that. That is also about all you could possibly gain, however, and considering the organisation no longer exists in any form, there is nothing for you to gain anymore - at all.

5 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

Interesting thread.

Now where does it say the Dark Alley has overthrown it?

Additionally, where do you have proof that the Dark Alley has the patent on use of the name "Light Alley"?

And if that is even the case, who will you sue over the name "Light Alley", when the organisation no longer exists?

Sure, if you indeed have patent on the name "Light Alley", which I doubt, you could probably force a name change for an organisation named that. That is also about all you could possibly gain, however, and considering the organisation no longer exists in any form, there is nothing for you to gain anymore - at all.

The dark alley overthrew it because it is on the 4th page of the forum. We assumed it by they lost them and we took them. 

Edit. No it was used as a front by you. We are suing TUBA for that.

Edited by ElephantEarwax

1 minute ago, ElephantEarwax said:

The dark alley overthrew it because it is on the 4th page of the forum. We assumed it by they lost them and we took them.

Huh.

So if we'd create 50 threads and get the Dark Alley to the 4th page of the forum, that means we've overthrown the Dark Alley?

Give me a moment, getting my spam bot ready.

(I would also like to refer to my post just above which ninja'd you)

Edited by Leyrann