The Alleys and The Architect

ElephantEarwax

4 hours ago, Voidus said:

For what? Handing out free magic? The souls of most newcomers don't contain much Investiture that would be useful to us so we don't typically harvest anything from them.

Because hemalurgy doesn't allow Shards to control you... Oh wait, it does. So yeah, not free.

Just now, Leyrann said:

Because hemalurgy doesn't allow Shards to control you... Oh wait, it does. So yeah, not free.

Free means devoid of any cost, doesn't mean without side effects. All potential side effects are clearly outlined in our disclaimer, if any users of DA issued spikes don't read this disclaimer then the DA holds no responsibility towards any Shardic influence taking over their soul.

3 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Free means devoid of any cost, doesn't mean without side effects. All potential side effects are clearly outlined in our disclaimer, if any users of DA issued spikes don't read this disclaimer then the DA holds no responsibility towards any Shardic influence taking over their soul.

And yet, you spike them without their consent. If they are not aware of your... organisation, how can they possibly have read the disclaimer?

1 minute ago, Leyrann said:

And yet, you spike them without their consent. If they are not aware of your... organisation, how can they possibly have read the disclaimer?

We offer a greeting, whether they accept or not is entirely up to them.

1 minute ago, Mraize said:

It is supposed to be a spike, I believe, @Voidus, Spiked the Alleyverse together.

Right, I forgot you haven't read Alcatraz. The World Spire is a giant glass spire that is really humongous. 

Edit: That was the joke.

Edited by Kidpen

On 12/04/2018 at 9:55 PM, ElephantEarwax said:

1. Why were there so many people that joined the DA and then switched or were unloyal?

2. Why do you oppose or support the DA or foin the LA? (Not propaganda about why it exists, why you believe in it.)

3. When did you choose to join the fight for any side or switch sides?

4. Why be so closed door on your dealings within the LA/TUBA?

5. To the people that switched, why did you switch sides?

1. I have never joined your DA, as I wasn't foolish enough to expose myself to an attempt from you at assimilating my person.

2. I oppose your DA because I think that people should be given the choice on whether or not to be spiked and become a drab. Posting incessantly in the introduction forums, in threads started by new joiners who don't know any better than to do as you say, is not giving people this freedom of choice.

3. I chose to fight for new forumites' freedoms. Mind, I don't have anything against the DA members, or against it as a whole. You can spike people all you want, but they need to be cosmere aware enough to know and accept the consequences of being spiked, and not have to experience being spiked or turned to drab without the intent to do so.

4. We keep a closed door on our dealings so that you, our enemy, cannot anticipate our next move.

5. I never switched. 

@ElephantEarwax

2 minutes ago, ElephantEarwax said:

I am not the enemy. I am a freedom fighter. We offer the items, not stab people. Except Oversleep that once.

Freedom fighter.

Surely you realize that the classical "different points of view" is freedom fighters or terrorists.

I don't think I am alone if I say that you just branded yourself a terrorist.

4 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

I don't think I am alone if I say that you just branded yourself a terroris

Shall we look at this from a different view? Perhaps terrorists are right to do what they do and it is ultimately morel (not that I condone terrorism, just the asking of questions). What qualifies you to say that the DA is wrong and hemalergy is immoral.

Edited by The Forgetful Archivist

4 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

Freedom fighter.

Surely you realize that the classical "different points of view" is freedom fighters or terrorists.

I don't think I am alone if I say that you just branded yourself a terrorist.

I sell knives. If someone stabs themself, even if they don't intend to, I am not a criminal.

6 hours ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

Shall we look at this from a different view? perhaps terrorists are right to do what they do and it is ultimately morel (not that I condone terrorism, just the asking of questions). What qualifies you to say that the DA is wrong and hemalergy is immoral.

I am not saying it is an absolute truth.

I am merely saying that terrorists and freedom fighters are the same people from different points of view - in fact, I mentioned that before you, so -1 for originality there.

As for whether you're terrorists... I'll write an essay on it sometime, I doubt I can fit everything into something shorter.

EDIT:

6 hours ago, ElephantEarwax said:

I sell knives. If someone stabs themself, even if they don't intend to, I am not a criminal.

Correct, except in one case.

If you, by force or otherwise, compel them to stab themselves, you are a criminal, even though technically you did not hold the knife yourself when the stabbing occured.

Edited by Voidus
Double post

Just now, Leyrann said:

I am not saying it is an absolute truth.

I am merely saying that terrorists and freedom fighters are the same people from different points of view - in fact, I mentioned that before you, so -1 for originality there.

As for whether you're terrorists... I'll write an essay on it sometime, I doubt I can fit everything into something shorter.

If George Washington would have lost the revelatory war he would have been branded a terrorist and remembered with hatred. History has its eyes on us, and I am confident the DA will be victorious.

Just now, The Forgetful Archivist said:

If George Washington would have lost the revelatory war he would have been branded a terrorist and remembered with hatred. History has its eyes on us, and I am confident the DA will be victorious.

First part: Certainly.

Second part: I have my doubts.