The Alleys and The Architect

ElephantEarwax

10 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

That is like saying murder is not inherently evil.

If someone is suffering, and the only way to help them is to kill them, is it still evil?

P.S.
True, most Hemalurgists are still evil, but you do have things such as Spook's plan where dying metalborn get themself spiked to pass on their powers.

49 minutes ago, kenod said:

If someone is suffering, and the only way to help them is to kill them, is it still evil?

There will always be an area where people disagree. Something alike certainly exists with hemalurgy. From what I have seen, however, the Dark Alley does not even consider this line to exist, instead spiking unwilling newcomers for powers.

21 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

There will always be an area where people disagree. Something alike certainly exists with hemalurgy. From what I have seen, however, the Dark Alley does not even consider this line to exist, instead spiking unwilling newcomers for powers.

Occasionally, most of the spikes aren't invested.

1 minute ago, ElephantEarwax said:

Occasionally, most of the spikes aren't invested.

So you just randomly stab them with metal spikes that don't do anything?

Or are you being pedantic and interpreting what I said as giving them powers, instead of taking their powers for yourself?

36 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

So you just randomly stab them with metal spikes that don't do anything?

Or are you being pedantic and interpreting what I said as giving them powers, instead of taking their powers for yourself?

All of the above. They all are accurate.

1 minute ago, ElephantEarwax said:

So, if I pay someone to stab someone they are not evil, because they had money as a motive?

You are evil for getting someone stabbed for no reason at all (no reason for you).

The person doing the stabbing can be considered evil because he is willing to do evil things for personal gain.

1 minute ago, Leyrann said:

You are evil for getting someone stabbed for no reason at all (no reason for you).

The person doing the stabbing can be considered evil because he is willing to do evil things for personal gain.

What if your doing the stabbing for altruistic purposes?

1 minute ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

What if your doing the stabbing for altruistic purposes?

1 hour ago, Leyrann said:

7 minutes ago, ElephantEarwax said:

But, in giving people a cookie with spikes they are stabbing themselves, so they are the evil ones. Not the DA.

They are being unwittingly coerced into stabbing themselves by a knowing instigator, the DA.

Therefore, the DA can be considered responsible.

6 hours ago, Leyrann said:

They are being unwittingly coerced into stabbing themselves by a knowing instigator, the DA.

Therefore, the DA can be considered responsible.

For what? Handing out free magic? The souls of most newcomers don't contain much Investiture that would be useful to us so we don't typically harvest anything from them.