Is it even at all possible to Invest Aluminum?

Kidpen

Question

7 answers to this question

We know you can store Investiture in an Aluminum Metalmind, and Marsh has a Hemalurgic Spike made of Aluminum, but beyond that we have no examples.
Can't Soulcast it into something else, can't Awaken it, can't Forge it, etc...

Oh wait, are you asking if a Shard could invest some of their power into Aluminum, similar to how they invest themselves into a planet?

1 minute ago, Kidpen said:

Not exactly. I was mainly asking if you could use investiture on it.

That's related though, so do tell if you have an answer.

I don't know. Brandon has said you can't awaken it because it "wouldn't hold a charge," but if we move to things that don't necessarily impart a charge onto their target, you can't push/pull on it at all. I'm really not sure, but I'm leaning towards no.

I also don't have an answer to the Shard thing. Only brought it up because I thought I had misinterpreted you.

5 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

I think if you had a Nicrosil compounder they could Push or Pull it...

Having more power would allow you to push on heavily invested objects, like Shardblades. But Aluminum isn't invested, so more power should only solve a problem that you don't have. You are inadvertently trying to say that gaining more muscle strength will allow you to lift yourself off of the ground. That's not how it works.

On 12/4/2018 at 4:23 AM, The One Who Connects said:

You are inadvertently trying to say that gaining more muscle strength will allow you to lift yourself off of the ground. That's not how it works.

Challenge accepted!

Seriously the aluminium works as perfect Investiture sink...unless when it is in the Metallic Arts. That unluckly gave It a weird behavior.

I would really love for the Alluminium to be' both part of the 16 and able to twist the Metallic Arts. Ex:

- in Allomancy: the magic would try to open a condout through It but its proprierties made It the Power flushes away.

- in Feruchemy you could store Identity in it, but as It can't hold charge...that charge is Simply lost.

- in Hemalurgy same of Feruchemy.

As far as I remember nothing in the actual Canon contraddict this but I am quite sure Brandon will not take this route