Wow, that escalated quickly

Rue Walker

A few months ago my husband suggested listening to the Graphic Audio production of Elantris, which he'd gotten as part of a Humble Bundle. His taste isn't always reliable, and I was prepared to quit within the first few chapters. We enjoyed ourselves making fun of the sometimes melodramatic performances (and how Raoden is, let's face it, a bit of a Marty Stu), but the misogyny and religion-bashing I kept bracing myself for never really appeared. While I predicted a fair amount of the story ahead of time, there were plenty of surprises, and when we finished it I happily agreed to listen to Warbreaker, the other audio book that had come in the Bundle. My husband doesn't have the longest attention span but hates when I read/watch/listen ahead of him, so when I began to chafe at our slow pace together he suggested I get the other Cosmere books he'd read already.

Anyhow now I've listened to all of them (some multiple times) and am customizing a series of dolls into characters from the Stormlight Archive.

18 minutes ago, Archer said:

Hello and welcome! Who's your favourite character?

Much as I love Adolin, my far and away favorite is Dalinar. I identify with his struggles against his passionate nature, and I adore how head-over-heels he is for Navani. The older I get, the more I appreciate a man who still loves a woman when she's no longer young.

Unrelated, but is there a good way to share images or links on these forums? I was hoping to find people who would be interested in my doll customizing, but it's difficult to talk about without pictures! When I've tried to insert them so far, I've gotten error messages warning me not to post spam. :(

Edited by Rue Walker
typo

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

You should make a post in the Gallery. (you can make a pictures section on your profile page as well) I'm sure we'd all love to see what you've come up with! 

Thanks! How do you make a pictures section in your profile? I didn't see any obvious buttons or links. 

Umm...  I know there's a way. If you look at people like @Chaos's profiles it's right next to the about me section (or if you're on mobile, in the dropdown under it). I've never done it so you'll have to ask around for help. I suspect it's in your settings somewhere. Sorry I can't be of more help. 

Edited by Archer