Alley-wars moderators

Nohadon

So after making the rules of warfare and the guide to alley combat, we need some moderators to judge the outcomes of duels and assassinations. there are three types of moderators, they all shoul

Non-bias: people who join this type must cut off all ties to any guilds involved with the alley-verse, they can judge all fights and make some important rules decisions, at least SOME experience with the alley-verse is required

Bias: people who join this can still be affiliated with guilds, but cannot moderate actions between any guild that you are in. for example, lets say @LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian wants to become a bias moderator, he cannot moderate a fight between the DA and the LA because he is part of the DA, but CAN moderate a fight between tCoC and the ghostbloods, because he is not affiliated with either guild.

Rep's: each guild can nominate 1 or 2 members to be a rep, they can still fight, but they can't moderate, they (along with the leaders of each guild) help make decisions on the alley-wars rules, record deaths (who is dead, and who has been revived) and assassinations.

Non-bias people are non-combatants, therefore they cannot kill or be killed.

Bias people and reps can be killed, but that will not stop them from being able to moderate.

I will volunteer to be a Unbiased. I will also repost a part of my post in the Rules of warfare thread outlining the big difference between the Unbiased ones and the regular mediators.

The difference between the mediators and the Unbiased Ones, would be that the mediators have to be decided on before hand. If you want a mediator, they have to be notified before the thing starts so that they can prepare and make sure that they have time and so on. They couldn't break in on a conflict at any given moment, and issue decrees. Only the Unbiased ones are allowed to do that, even then when they don't abuse their power.

I think that there are 5 or so active guild at the moment. The Ghostbloods, the Light alley, the Dark Alley, the Canton of Combat and the liebrary. 3 of those would need to accept an application to become an unbiased.

As an unrelated note, I will most likely RP a lot during the judgments.

Edited by MacThorstenson

I could be a biased mediator. I am the leader of the Liebrary and am not associated with any other guild other than the DA. I consider my relationship with the CoC to be ambassadorship rather than membership. Not sure if this would be a bad idea since I'm a leader rather than just a member.

2 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

I work with the Canton of Combat, so I would love to be a biased mediator. 

So, let me be clear that this is a personal opinion/expectation, but I think the majority of TUBA members would rather not have you as mediator in their battles considering... past events.

I, on behalf of the Liebrary, would like to make an appeal to the mediators. We aren't a particularly useful guild as it stands right now. Therefore, we would like to become the official scribes of the Alleyverse. If anyone would like to know how an old battle went, we can tell them. This is the logical position for the Liebrary to take.

@MacThorstenson

Also, I would like to make the Sticknaughts an official safe haven. Attacks to it will be retaliated, and during any times of guild-stress member of guilds may converse there.

This is so we may preserve peace. @MacThorstenson , I know you'll already be called here because of the above post, but could you look into this as well?

4 hours ago, Leyrann said:

So, let me be clear that this is a personal opinion/expectation, but I think the majority of TUBA members would rather not have you as mediator in their battles considering... past events.

...Dang. I'd forgotten about that by now, but you're right.

Maybe I'd just be a biased biased mediator, unable to mediate for anyone within TUBA and the DA. Is that too weird of an idea, @MacThorstenson?

1 hour ago, Grey Knight said:

...Dang. I'd forgotten about that by now, but you're right.

Maybe I'd just be a biased biased mediator, unable to mediate for anyone within TUBA and the DA. Is that too weird of an idea, @MacThorstenson?

I mean, the DA isn't in the RP, so I don't see how that would be in effect, but if anyone doesn't want a specific mediator to mediate the fight, all they have to do is ask.

There is no problem to being biased for multiple guilds. Before I became an Unbiased one I had ties with every guild except the liebrary. (Enemies of TUBA, and by extension the CoC, member of the DA and secret member of the GB's). I would only have been able to judge conflicts between them and any new guilds that came.