Rules of Warfare

Nohadon

Just now, MacThorstenson said:

On the topic of consequences for dying, what if we attempted a permanent death system. If you are killed, that character is dead. (Maybe for dead characters we have an RP thread, like a formal place where you can see the dead character's souls, and RP with them from time to time if you want.) If you want to rejoin the RP, you will need to make another character.

I don't understand this. If I died, would that mean that I could no longer act as a Liebrarian leader, and would have to be another character? Most of these things don't really have characters per se. 

1 minute ago, MacThorstenson said:
  • Get all the guilds to agree to @Archer's contract that he posted in another thread.

Where is this? The other one Nohadon made?

On the topic of consequences for dying, what if we attempted a permanent death system. If you are killed, that character is dead. (Maybe for dead characters we have an RP thread, like a formal place where you can see the dead character's souls, and RP with them from time to time if you want.) If you want to rejoin the RP, you will need to make another character.

This seems cool and reasonable. We should make it clear that you don't have to change your name, unless that is part of it. Overall good list.

Just now, Kidpen said:

I don't understand this. If I died, would that mean that I could no longer act as a Liebrarian leader, and would have to be another character? Most of these things don't really have characters per se. 

Yeah, that is a flaw. You would have to start again from the ground up, but honestly, for most people it would be a formality before they assumed leadership for their guild again. If you died, I'm sure that TFA would put you in charge again, or if you don't think that that would be the case, just edit the OP, saying that only characters controled by you can be the leader. It would be something that you would put into the succession part of your guild.

6 minutes ago, Mraize said:

Where is this? The other one Nohadon made?

Sorry, turns out it was in this thread.

4 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

Yeah, that is a flaw. You would have to start again from the ground up, but honestly, for most people it would be a formality before they assumed leadership for their guild again. If you died, I'm sure that TFA would put you in charge again, or if you don't think that that would be the case, just edit the OP, saying that only characters controled by you can be the leader. It would be something that you would put into the succession part of your guild.

I'm still confused. Would this even do anything? Since characters don't really have names, or personalities separate from you, wouldn't this just be having the same thing and just being like "yep, my character died".

Edited by Kidpen

1 minute ago, Kidpen said:

I'm still confused. Would this even do anything? Since characters don't really have names, or personalities seperate from you, wouldn't this just be having the same thing and just being like "yep, my character died".

You would have to wait a little before creating a new character. 

I guess it depends on how meta we want to keep this. we could create a whole intro thread, with signups, and character sheets. Or we could keep this meta, and have your shard character be linked to your account.

2 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

I'm still confused. Would this even do anything? Since characters don't really have names, or personalities separate from you, wouldn't this just be having the same thing and just being like "yep, my character died".

You have a point.

Also question. Is the Arena of Valor for public combat not a go? cuz I kind of made it and challenged the rest of the active guilds... :ph34r:

right now everything is in a state of limbo. I would suggest waiting until there is a clear set of rules, before creating much more RP.

Just now, Mraize said:

I thought it was a good idea. It has been viewed but you and I are the only people who have really commented on it.

Right. We should probably wait to continue much more on it until everything has been defined well enough.

@Archer I do have a question, this is something that can be done without nohadon, is there any way that I could get you to trust me being an Unbiased One? 

Under no circumstances do I want you being the only unbiased. I'd like to see at least one other candidate before I'll accept you as one (as a precaution). I want to trust you, but am worried about the consequences of betrayal. The best thing to alleviate these feelings would be to know we have another unbiased to share the power. 

If I know @Nohadon's schedule as well as I think I do, he'll be on in two hours or so. 

Just now, Archer said:

Under no circumstances do I want you being the only unbiased. I'd like to see at least one other candidate before I'll accept you as one (as a precaution). I want to trust you, but am worried about the consequences of betrayal. The best thing to alleviate these feelings would be to know we have another unbiased to share the power. 

If I know @Nohadon's schedule as well as I think I do, he'll be on in two hours or so. 

I may be gone by then, but probably not. We'll see. I have a feeling the liebrarians are going to be out early anyways.

1 minute ago, Archer said:

Wait, so you're saying you don't trust the man who swore to destroy your guild and everything it stands for in a hail of hemalurgic spikes? Now your just being unreasonable.

</sarcasm>

In reality, I can understand why you would think that. I also think that having many unbiased is a good idea. I was hoping to get three people to try to sign on, but I'm concerned with the amount of activity this forum has, and the amount of people that are willing to leave the guilds.

I will also be gone in two hours.