Black IC waited for the node to load. At just over three milliseconds, it took forever, and when it did finally load, Black IC found itself standing in a castle. This was not as it should be. Best blend in until it found a way home. It quickly scanned local data streams, and adopted an appearance more like one of the Machineborn the data told him of.

The data also mentioned Sophie, a foreign invader. Shadowrunners were foreign invaders. Perhaps this "Sophie" was it's prey in disguise. Time to hunt.

I'll put a poke vote on Crimsnwolf. This is for no reason other than they have not posted yet. @Crimsn-Wolf?

Also, heading to bed fairly soon, so might not get back to remove/alter my vote before rollover, but I'll try to get up early enough.

@Bort I apologize for my silence in the game thus far. I have been observing from the shadows, as I do not really have anything to add at this point in time. I haven't felt any contribution I could make would be worthwhile, so I instead decided to watch how other players would speak and interact with each other in an attempt to potentially find out who Sophie is early on. Thus far, I have not come up with anyone.

Like Bort, I'll be signing off after finishing this post. I expect I'll be able to make it back before roll-over on other cycles, but I don't expect to wake up early enough this cycle.

First, let me ping everyone that hasn't posted yet: @Droughtbringer, @Eternum, @Walin, @Coop772

Next, I'd like to quickly talk about my lack of suspicions. No one has really done anything that makes me lean elim on them, though very few people have done stuff that makes me lean village either. Orlok's vote on Elenion initially felt off to me, but I think Elim!Orlok would be more sneaky than this if they wanted Elenion lynched, so it's probably just village!Orlok trying to jump-start lynch discussion.

So that's why i won't be voting this cycle. If I thought I could make it before roll-over I might have poked one of our inactives, but since I won't be around to retract my vote in case they turn up before the cycle is over I won't do that either.

Rayda's smile faltered more today than ever before. Was her programming developing problems? Or was it the events of the day followed by... nothing?

I agree with Randuir. I have no suspicions so far. I'll hold off on voting for now, but that might change later if more things start to happen.

I’m just saying I’m here, but I won’t have the ability to defend myself or to be really active until more than twelve hours from now. I’m pretty sure that poke votes are a good idea; however I have no suspicions so far so I’m not sending any out.

Whatterthose’); DROP TABLE Elims;--) sat in a chair, tying shoes. His job was to reference outdated memes and provide footwear for the whole city. Fortunately, he had a portal in the back room that led directly to the storage facility of all the land, so he never had to order new shoes. However, he was in charge of organizing the shoes in the bigger facility, so there was that. Anyways, he was tying some shoes before putting them in a box, because somehow they had untied once put on a specific shelf. He’d have to petition for Kai to fix that; every pair of shoes untied itself when put on that shelf. It worried Whatt. Perhaps Melhi had bots here.

Person4.exe opened its eyes. The emperor commanded its presence. Melhi's bots were becoming a nuisance for the emperor, and it was the job of Machineborn like Person4.exe to clean up such nuisances. The other guards had names and personalities, but Person4.exe knew that it was merely a purposefully inferior replica of Liveborn such as the emperor. The entity known to the rest of Alornia as Mirb knew that it had been created solely to serve as a background element in the emperor's kingdom. That knowledge evinced no rebellious thoughts. Person4.exe had been programmed to show absolute obedience to its emperor, and absolute obedience would be provided.

I see two broad strategies for our secondary lynch. One is to ensure a specific player does not get converted by concentrating our votes on two different players. The other is to spread out the votes among the active players to make it so if Sophie tries to convert one of them and fails, she won't know for sure whether that player has a role. The Steward and/or the lover can mess with either of these plans, but as they're both confirmed village I don't think they'll use their powers just because they can.

As the voting so far has consisted of three votes, two of them pokes, I think I'll go with the second plan for now. Of the six active players with no votes on them, I will put my vote on YoungBard.

Hmmm... Joe, if two or more people are voted in second place, what will happen in terms of them being immune to conversion? Will they all be immune, or none of them, or something else?

Walin. I look forward to seeing your reads when you have some. I'll abstain from voting for anyone else right now, because it will depend on the answer to my question for Joe.

18 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

One will be immune at random.

Excellent. I hoped you'd say that.

Devotary of Spontaneity. This line stuck out to me before:

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

The other is to spread out the votes among the active players to make it so if Sophie tries to convert one of them and fails, she won't know for sure whether that player has a role.

I double checked, and this was not confirmed in the original rules or in the thread since. So, Devotary must have asked that in a PM or in a doc. Devotary asked a few questions in the signups thread, but this isn't one of them. 

I think this might be what happened. Devotary gets their role PM and discovers they're Sophie. This causes them to start thinking more about what their role can do, and they have more questions about Sophie's abilities. However, they don't want to draw attention to themselves by asking all these questions in thread, so they do so in a PM. Then, with a slip of the tongue, they forget that the answer wasn't public knowledge.

I'll admit, I'm not confident on this, but I think it's significantly more likely than any other lynch I could try to start on Cycle 1.

I saw the original version of these rules when Joe posted the idea. I then assumed that this particular rule wouldn't have changed between then and now.

Vote Tally:

Elenion(1): Orlok
Crimsnwolf(1): Bort
YoungBard(1): Devotary
Devotary(1): YoungBard

We should probably have more than four votes on four separate to take advantage of the immunity to conversion mechanic. I'm more inclined to believe YoungBard isn't Sophie now, so I will change my vote to Droughtbringer.

9 hours ago, randuir said:

I haven't mathed it out, but I'm not as certain as Elenion and Orlok that Sophie only has two lives. Three seems on the high end of things, but two seems to be a bit low. After all, she dies after the last conversion, so Sophie with only two lives translates to a 2-man elim team. Since the roles all start village and can't be converted, a small elim team can't be balanced by roles either. On the other hand, as the game progresses the chance of the elims getting an advanced role increases as well, so that might be a balancing factor.

@Orlok Tsubodai, Is there a particular reason for your vote on Elenion, or was it just a poke vote? Asking someone to convince you that they're not evil on day one seems a bit of a tall order.

I think that that's a pretty standard Orlok move. From what I've seen of his playstyle I'm not suspicious, and I'm the one who the vote was on. *chuckles*

At this point it might be best to break out the Contribution Crusade on @Coop772 or on @Eternum, because neither of them have posted yet. Coop for now.

@Elandera @Walin  @Devotary of Spontaneity The forum says you three are on right now, and with only a couple hours to go we're probably going to have to decide today's vote pretty soon. What are your thoughts? I'm up for lynching an inactive, but I have no preference between the two and am open to doing a different lynch altogether.

Edit: @Crimsn-Wolf just saw you were on, too.

Edited by Elenion
tagged crimsn

I might be up for a Contribution Crusade, but with such a small number of participants it might help Sophie, giving her one less person she has to convert.

Edit: Also, how do I make text other colors on mobile?

Edited by Elandera

2 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I saw the original version of these rules when Joe posted the idea. I then assumed that this particular rule wouldn't have changed between then and now.

Vote Tally:

Elenion(1): Orlok
Crimsnwolf(1): Bort
YoungBard(1): Devotary
Devotary(1): YoungBard

We should probably have more than four votes on four separate to take advantage of the immunity to conversion mechanic. I'm more inclined to believe YoungBard isn't Sophie now, so I will change my vote to Droughtbringer.

Huh. Fair enough. Devotary.

Unfortunately, that doesn't leave me with much to go on in terms of suspicion. Unless anyone has any other suspicions they'd like to go with, I'm happy to follow along with a lynch on Coop or Eternum.

5 minutes ago, Elandera said:

I might be up for a Contribution Crusade, but with such a small number of participants it might help Sophie, giving her one less person she has to convert.

Any lynch would help Sophie except one on her, but a mislynch on an inactive would hurt discussion less than a mislynch on an active. If everyone looks to be innocent, we have the same chance of success, so we should minimize the risk we take in getting that identical chance of success.

4 minutes ago, Elandera said:

That makes sense. I suppose I'll throw up a vote then on Coop.

Edit: Should we then plan a second place for immunity?

Hmmm... Actually, Devotary's idea might be pretty good - have a number of people on one vote - if Sophie tries and fails to convert one of them, they won't know whether it's because they were immune or whether they had a role.

I may as well swap my vote from Coop to Orlok in order to help that plan.