[OB] Honorblades

Lord Meeker

Question

So I was wondering if we knew if Talns Honorblade was stole by Nale. We know the the Shin have eight of them. Szeth has/had one before Kaladin took it and in turn was taken by Mr. T and given to Vyre. So is the missing Honorblade the one Nale has? Thai is what I assumed, I just want to know if if was correct. 

6 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Mraize said:

So I was wondering if we knew if Talns Honorblade was stole by Nale. We know the the Shin have eight of them. Szeth has/had one before Kaladin took it and in turn was taken by Mr. T and given to Vyre. So is the missing Honorblade the one Nale has? Thai is what I assumed, I just want to know if if was correct. 

putting this in spoiler tags just in case, though I don't think it probably needs it.

Spoiler

There exist 10 honorblades.  in the WoK prologue 9 were abandoned and only Taln retained his, which vanished with him when he died.  at some point in the last 4000 years, Nale took his back, which left 8 for the Shin.  The one Szeth held was Jezrien's blade, and it was one of the 8 held by the Shin.  As far as Taln's blade, he would have had it when he returned to life, possibly it is the blade he had at the end of WoK, but when we next see him that blade has been replaced by a different one, so we don't know who currently has Taln's honorblade or what was done with it.  That said, we have no reason to believe it was Nale.

The Shin have 7 for sure at this point. 

They originally had all but Taln's. At some point in the past Nale reclaimed his own blade, which is the one he has now. 

Jezrien's blade is not with them, as it was the one Szeth used. And the whereabouts of Taln's blade is unknown. 

I personally believe that the Shin are the ones to have stolen Taln's blade.