Greetings fellow humans

Raffaine

Hi everyone,

My name is Julio, I'm new to the whole Sanderson world, getting into it through the Stormlight Archive and having read also Elantris. I really like his world building and storytelling abilities, having started on the Mistborn as well and looking into others.

I feel that he preserve some of the classical approach to fantasy, drinking from the fountain of Tolkien and others, diverging from the current GRRM more dark fantasy. I feel that sometimes it's too good vs evil, but he keeps surprising me with nice turns and deep philosophical and moral questions.

DO

2 minutes ago, ElephantEarwax said:

Welcome to the Shard @Raffaine. Have a cookie and an upvote.

For initiation could you say, "My life to yours, my Breath become yours".

Who is your favorite elantrian?

Spiked 1.jpg

Bad @ShardBreaker.

This is exactly what you don't do. You see this poor fellow is part of the Drab Only Club, who has their cookies supplied by the Dark Alley. The dark alley is bad and they like Hemalurgy. If you enjoy driving iron spikes into peoples eyes, than feel free to join them, although I don't suggest it. 

Fair, fair.

30 minutes ago, ShardBreaker said:

DO

This is exactly what you don't do. You see this poor fellow is part of the Drab Only Club, who has their cookies supplied by the Dark Alley. The dark alley is bad and they like Hemalurgy. If you enjoy driving iron spikes into peoples eyes, than feel free to join them, although I don't suggest it. 

I am not a member of the Drab Only Club. I am the colorful proprietor.

Edited by ElephantEarwax

On 4/6/2018 at 3:35 PM, Raffaine said:

Thanks everybody, really warm welcomes here ... Although the cookies look pretty good, I'll skip this time ... not very hungry. BTW, thanks Archer for the explanations, I was feeling really lost.

Good choice.  Eating the cookies here or giving away your breath is akin to selling your soul to the devil.  No matter what anyone tells you, DO NOT DO THIS!

5 hours ago, Ilythyrra said:

Good choice.  Eating the cookies here or giving away your breath is akin to selling your soul to the devil.  No matter what anyone tells you, DO NOT DO THIS!

The devil gives terrible deals for souls. Eating a cookie is a great way to move up in the world.