Secondary Characters vs Main Characters

So, am I the only one who almost always prefer secondary characters to the main ones in almost all stories I read/watch? I like Legolas over Aragorn, I prefer Amaram over Kaladin (please, don´t kill me), my favorites in GoT/ASoIaF are Stannis and Beric and in The Faithful and the Fallen the secondary villain Braith wound up being my favorite character of all. So I´m interested if this is common, and if anyone else also prefer secondary characters to main ones. And why? Like, the main character is the one with the most development, so why do you think people would grow more attached to the secondaries?

I think that the fact that secondary characters very often act as foils for the leads. This allows for them to open up as being more human than the often heroic and less relatable mains. While there is something to say about relating to mains I think that secondary characters allow the hero's to explore their humanity's simply by being present.