Civilization 6

I liked it more than 5, but 4 remains my favourite.

Some really annoying things that eventually led me to quit it: first, the cost of everything is progressive,, i.e. it becomes more expensive the more of it you make. They did it for balance, but I damnation hate that just because I made many workers, subsequent workers are more expensive. The game is trying to stop me from focusing, and it does so in an unnatural, nonsensical punitive way. Plus, because of that mechanism AI suck even worse in late game, because every time you kill a unit, replacing that unit becomes more expensive

Second, the best strategy to focus on one victory is to make a lot of small cities and build only the district you want: scientific for science, theater for cultural, military for conquest. Making a few big cities just results in less production overall. I always liked going tall rather than wide, and the game forcing you to go wide did not sit well with me.

And the AI is still very dumb. I once killed a modern armor army with two crossbows because it kept going round and round instead of attacking.

I tried internet gaming once, but in half an hour I could never get past 5th turn before someone quit or the game disconnected. And there is no option to rejoin a game.

So, I had some fun single player, but after not too long I exhausted the options and I never felt anything compelling me to come back to play it.

Civ 6 improved on a lot of ideas Civ 5 introduced but also left some holes that should have been improved. One thing I can think of is warmonger penalties. Even if you do everything you can to lessen them, conquering a civ entirely will give you -200 "relationship points" to all civs you know. Even if they declared war on you first. The mechanic itself is a good idea, but still horribly unbalanced. I do like the districts, and how it coincides with the spying and warfare, adding a lot of strategy in placement. You have to pick and choose which ones you want for a city if you want to have a balanced civ, as the limit is determined by your city's population. For example, I have a Commercial Hub, Harbor, Theatre square, and aerodrome in one city, but have to wait a long time to build another. So, in another city, I build a Campus, Encampment, and Spaceport.

I've put a few hundred hours into it so I can say it was worth the price, as it's given me a lot of entertainment. One thing I can say is that it's very replayable. I'll go a few weeks or months between games, then pick it up and have just as much fun as the first time, despite some of the problems. 

If you have the DLC for Civ 5, Civ 6 is like a polished version of that, with a few new game mechanics, and some things cut out entirely. I'd say it's worth it if you think you'll play a few games. I never use the Internet games, I tend to just play it with friends which has so far worked out pretty well.