Senior quote & Sanderson

This has always been one of my favorites, from The Final Empire:

“You should try not to talk so much, friend. You'll sound far less stupid that way." - Breeze

Or there's this gem from Hoid in WoK that might be pretty applicable for graduating:

“Can you feel it? Something just changed. I believe that’s the sound the world makes when it pisses itself.”

I definitely vote this one!

8 hours ago, Elandera said:

Or there's this gem from Hoid in WoK that might be pretty applicable for graduating:

“Can you feel it? Something just changed. I believe that’s the sound the world makes when it pisses itself.”

"There's always another secret." - either MB or secret history

“Everything is a contest. All dealings among men are a contest in which some will succeed and others fail. And some are failing quite spectacularly.”  - WoK

Not necessarily Sanderson, but mine is "When faced with a choice between the easy way and the hard way, pick the hard way. You get more XP that way."

1 minute ago, Zellyia said:

“Everything is a contest. All dealings among men are a contest in which some will succeed and others fail. And some are failing quite spectacularly.”  - WoK

I think this one is my favorite so far.

Here are three, depending on what mood you’re going for:

Sarcastic (referring to everyone telling us how much potential we have, also yes, I know it’s not Cosmere, but it’s Sanderson):

People can do great things. However, there are some things they just CAN'T do. I, for instance, have not been able to transform myself into a Popsicle, despite years of effort. -Alcatraz vs the Evil Librarians

Inspiring:

...A man can only stumble for so long before he either falls or stands up straight. (Well of Ascension)

Funny:

Ah, the outdoors,' Shallan said. 'I visited that mythical place once.’ (Way of Kings)

On 4/4/2018 at 0:13 AM, Sahin the Just said:

So I've decided to go into the yearbook staff and request a change to my part in the year book. I need help on picking a quote from the cosmere. Right now I'm considering "journey before pancakes"

Are there any other suggestions?

I used that one for mine.

Something from Wit would be hilarious, like "I like visiting people in prison. I can say whatever I want to them, and they can’t do anything about it."

Another good (Albeit long) one that could work is "Yes, yes. Aim for the sun. That way if you miss, at least your arrow will fall far away, and the person it kills will likely be someone you don't know."

• Chaos locked this topic