Do we know's Siri's actual age at the start of Warbreaker?

I'm really curious about this.  I know she has four siblings, and I think there may be two years difference between each of them, but I don't remember at the moment.  Help please?

3 hours ago, TruthlessofNalthis said:

Red is anger if I remember correctly and while they never refer to blonde that I know of, they do refer to pale colored hair as a response to fear. 

Yellow-blonde hair is connected to feelings of happiness, while platinum-blonde/grey-white is fear.  

6 hours ago, Landis963 said:

Yellow-blonde hair is connected to feelings of happiness, while platinum-blonde/grey-white is fear.  

I remember her blushing once in conversation with bluefingers and it turning red, so maybe if she were sexually aroused it would be either red or blonde?  I'm trying to get a better image in my head what her hair color is when during that first week in the god emporers bed chambers as he watches her.  Also, when she is asleep and feeling nothing at all, what is her default hair color? 

Edited by Saint Boot

Another question I have about the royal locks is if she does not have full control of the color shifts, how rapid are these shifts?  If she went from embarresed to angry, to scared, to confused in the span of a few seconds, would it be running through those color changes instantly in sequence or would it play out slower than that?  meaning does it start at her roots, and move downward to her tips, or does it all happen at once like a blink and you will miss it kinda thing?  Like the horse of a different color from the wizard of oz?

21 hours ago, Saint Boot said:

Also, when she is asleep and feeling nothing at all, what is her default hair color?

I'd hazard a guess and say it's the color representing calm(unless she's having a bad dream, which could be an.. interesting sight)

2 minutes ago, Saint Boot said:

does it start at her roots, and move downward to her tips, or does it all happen at once like a blink and you will miss it kinda thing?

I don't believe we know if it's all at once or not. Either way, I'd imagine that it's a pretty fast transformation.

47 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

I'd hazard a guess and say it's the color representing calm(unless she's having a bad dream, which could be an.. interesting sight)

I don't believe we know if it's all at once or not. Either way, I'd imagine that it's a pretty fast transformation.

I love tiny little lore questions like this, and I also really wish this was something I could with my own hair.  Change it's color and length at will.  Maybe it's just me, and a girl thing?  Don't be afraid to correct me if I am wrong though, and there are some guys out there would wish the same.

On 4/2/2018 at 10:44 PM, Ilythyrra said:

I remember her blushing once in conversation with bluefingers and it turning red, so maybe if she were sexually aroused it would be either red or blonde?  I'm trying to get a better image in my head what her hair color is when during that first week in the god emporers bed chambers as he watches her.  Also, when she is asleep and feeling nothing at all, what is her default hair color? 

If I'm remembering that scene correctly, she's flustered and angry at the sudden removal of her privacy, which neatly explains why her hair blushes with the rest of her.  As for how the transition occurs, I was always under the impression that the whole strand changed color at once, but going from root to tip is a more interesting image.  

It would be really nice if that was the case.  I know there is a scene where she asks them to cut most of it off so she can regrow it instantly from really short to long ish again, But I can't remember if hair color change is instant or from top to bottom.

2 hours ago, IndigoAjah said:

This is the best I can find - "Now!” Vivenna snapped, hair tingeing red at the tips"

Though it can also turn almost instantly, the way it is written at points

That's actually really interesting!  It started at the tips in this instance?  Matter of fact:  Stormlight Archive spoilers: 

Spoiler

Didn't Kaladin notice her hair slowly turning white in book 3 when they were all in that shadow world? Shadesmar I think? I can't remember the name of it at present, but I can swear it was a slow transition to white at that point, that also slowly went back to being black, rather than instantly.  I could be wrong.

Edited by Ilythyrra

• 3 months later...
On 02/04/2018 at 7:18 AM, Alicia Whiteheart said:

One more question I'm afraid.  hair changes color based on emotion, but which color would represent sexual arousal?  Red or Blonde?

Red represent passion as well as anger, so probably red. And I think when Siri (should this be in a spoiler?) kisses Susebron, her hair turns red. 

On 02/04/2018 at 8:44 PM, Alicia Whiteheart said:

Also, when she is asleep and feeling nothing at all, what is her default hair color? 

Black, if she's feeling nothing (represents control and calmness). I assume it would change if she was happy/scared/sad in her dream.

And in regards to the discussion of the change's speed - doesn't it depend on how quickly the person's emotions change? Like when Siri gets angry very quickly, it turns red instantly or near instantly, but in Oathbringer,

Spoiler

The hair colour would be changing more slowly because her emotions are, or possibly because she's trying to stop them from changing at all. (Not sure if this needs a spoiler, but I put it in one anyway).

.... This may be completely incorrect...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2-4-2018 at 1:10 PM, Shallanah said:

I'm really curious about this.  I know she has four siblings, and I think there may be two years difference between each of them, but I don't remember at the moment.  Help please?

Note that she has only three siblings, two sisters and one brother

• 5 months later...
On 4/3/2018 at 8:31 PM, Aqua said:

Another question I have about the royal locks is if she does not have full control of the color shifts, how rapid are these shifts?  If she went from embarresed to angry, to scared, to confused in the span of a few seconds, would it be running through those color changes instantly in sequence or would it play out slower than that?  meaning does it start at her roots, and move downward to her tips, or does it all happen at once like a blink and you will miss it kinda thing?  Like the horse of a different color from the wizard of oz?

I think it would go from the roots to tips, but generally fast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 4/2/2018 at 6:18 AM, Guest said:

One more question I'm afraid.  hair changes color based on emotion, but which color would represent sexual arousal?  Red or Blonde?

In the book, her hair turns a deep red during the-scene-that-must-not-be-named. It represents passion which Sanderson typically links to arousal. So evidently and speculatively it should be red.