Wait, so what was up with the radio in book 1?

flying_shadow

There's been no WoB about this. I think it's an oversight. There are many oversights in White Sand. For example, you can see in Ais's daughter's room a regular old lampshade. There's no evidence they have electricity, so why would you have a lampshade like that? There's no reason.

Other fun things in White Sand vol. 2: The Lord Mastrell's office has a standard ceiling fan, and there is also a freaking horse.

I would say it is simply an art error, but we don't have an official statement on the matter. 

I've lampooned this on the podcast, but it really makes no sense for the sand masters to bring a freaking boombox to the Kerla for the ceremony/ritual/thing. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2018 at 7:57 PM, Chaos said:

There's been no WoB about this. I think it's an oversight. There are many oversights in White Sand. For example, you can see in Ais's daughter's room a regular old lampshade. There's no evidence they have electricity, so why would you have a lampshade like that? There's no reason.

Other fun things in White Sand vol. 2: The Lord Mastrell's office has a standard ceiling fan, and there is also a freaking horse.

I would say it is simply an art error, but we don't have an official statement on the matter. 

I've lampooned this on the podcast, but it really makes no sense for the sand masters to bring a freaking boombox to the Kerla for the ceremony/ritual/thing. 

You know, I really hadn't noticed any of this - I'm gonna have to go back and re-read Vols. 1 and 2 to see what other "errors" like this there are.

23 hours ago, robardin said:

You know, I really hadn't noticed any of this - I'm gonna have to go back and re-read Vols. 1 and 2 to see what other "errors" like this there are.

Part of me wonders if these are artifacts from a time before? It would be interesting if the Day Side lost a lot of its technology, but Darkside kept theirs for the most part. A lampshade should be from Dark Side, but maybe it endures in Day Side as a cultural status artifact. 

Edited by teknopathetic